Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    My point is, Hulk does not feature in Ragnarok. ANY hulk in this film is, IMO, too much, as even 10 minutes of Planet Hulkish storyline is 10 minutes less time to spend on Ragnarok. From what I've heard the first act of the film is very planet hulkesque, with Thor being on the gladiator planet and Hulk being the reigning champion, while I'm kinda okay with this (especially if Thor wins their fight ) I don't see what was wrong with just making the Ragnarok film the same as the Ragnarok comic.
    If the writing is done well...okay...maybe not. I agree up to a point.
    My one problem with the MCU so far, is they make films of these amazing, iconic comic book runs, and almost never actually give us the plots that we're familiar with.
    In total agreement. Instead of the fantastic stuff that they could easily give us, they instead troll through the later crap. To be fair, Marvel is trying to work around "mutant" in all it's categories, but the effort is really kinda shitty. What they've come up with to stay away from that was to re-write the world and some of the stories...It might not have been so bad but then they stayed away from the mystical half of that world and decided "science was god" until they could no longer say that so...now they have to re-categorize Thor and other mystic heavyweights as "other" until Dr. Strange got written and Ghost Rider is set loose in Agents of SHIELD. (who can't be contained because science is finally shown up as a weakness against someone that may/may not have a god on his side)

The whole of it has become some awkward as fuck dance. Painful to watch at times, but I can't seem to look away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The whole of it has become some awkward as fuck dance. Painful to watch at times, but I can't seem to look away.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I bitch and moan about how they're not doing it right... But I'm still there on day one fro most MCU films to see the latest release, and generally I'm pretty happy.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

My point is, Hulk does not feature in Ragnarok. ANY hulk in this film is, IMO, too much, as even 10 minutes of Planet Hulkish storyline is 10 minutes less time to spend on Ragnarok. From what I've heard the first act of the film is very planet hulkesque, with Thor being on the gladiator planet and Hulk being the reigning champion, while I'm kinda okay with this (especially if Thor wins their fight ) I don't see what was wrong with just making the Ragnarok film the same as the Ragnarok comic.
    Chances of Ragnarok the film being anything like Ragnarok the comic are ~0. There's a lot of mysticism and fate and destiny entwined with that arc that only comes from Asgardians being literal deities, it wouldn't fit with the way they've been portrayed in the MCU.

I do wish thor wasnt an alien. i disliked that from day one. especially since thor being an alien never seemed to... you know, make a difference other than shield categorizing them in a different check box.

asgard and its little realms of control were all boxed in.

asgardians dont feel like aliens and it never felt like we really had aliens other than chitauri fodder until gotg. even there attempts to integrate asgardians into the celestial side more seemed half hearted. especially with the first two thors being almost entirely earth focused.

rag will probably be the first movie where thor being an alien actually makes a difference. asgard actually feels more alien in the guardians cartoon where thor and angela are shown as diplomats.

speaking of angela she'd be a great replacement for thor if they dont go the female thor route

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Chances of Ragnarok the film being anything like Ragnarok the comic are ~0. There's a lot of mysticism and fate and destiny entwined with that arc that only comes from Asgardians being literal deities, it wouldn't fit with the way they've been portrayed in the MCU.
    I know, but that's kinda my point... From day ONE they've been fucking with the whole mythology. I know they had to make some changes to make the MCU work, but it seems like more often than not, Thor gets the short end of the stick.

And then they wonder why his films are unpopular...

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Deleted
    And then they wonder why his films are unpopular...
    I wouldn't say Thor 1 is unpopular, but the Dark World has loads more issues than just them changing them to aliens instead of gods. Infact i'd say that ranks incredibly low on the list of things which make that film one of the worst MCU films.

you have to love those Youtube comments

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I wouldn't say Thor 1 is unpopular, but the Dark World has loads more issues than just them changing them to aliens instead of gods. Infact i'd say that ranks incredibly low on the list of things which make that film one of the worst MCU films.
    I meant more than just the Aliens to gods change. I mean the general treating Thor and his series like it's not worth the time thing.

Both Iron Man and Captain America had a few tweaks, but in general they keep the core of both characters intact. Thor only pays the barest lipservice to what people love about the character and change literally everything else.

I mean they way the treat important characters like Malakith is enough to show that of the three main franchise, they care the least about Thor.

Deleted
    I meant more than just the Aliens to gods change. I mean the general treating Thor and his series like it's not worth the time thing.

Both Iron Man and Captain America had a few tweaks, but in general they keep the core of both characters intact. Thor only pays the barest lipservice to what people love about the character and change literally everything else.

I mean they way the treat important characters like Malakith is enough to show that of the three main franchise, they care the least about Thor.
    I think the mistreatment of Malekith was them attempting to tone down on the "space stuff", probably because they thought it wouldn't fly as well as it did, and then Guardians came out, they saw the reaction to that and now we can have Thor be a proper sci-fantasy that its supposed to be.

Also, the MCU and villians suck balls, thats been shown in every MCU except the ones with Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    you have to love those Youtube comments
    I don't think they're all that wrong.
    The MCU got a lot right with most of their characters from the comics.
    But they can't get Thor right to save their lives. The idea of a "God of Thunder" is likely what they are trying to work around and it's just plain awful. And to suggest that Captain Marvel is going to be the big gun of the MCU doesn't translate well at all. Is this Marvel's way of saying to the older fanbase "Thanks for making us a success now politely fuck off?"

what that other user said on the previous pages, they were basically testing the waters with Thor and Hulk because they were the very first SUPER powered superheroes so they didn't wanna risk it so they made them more realistic.

now they will make something different. Captain Marvel will be basically MCU version of Superman so its not a surprise that she will be THE most powerful superhero in MCU.

it makes sense if you look at it that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I think the mistreatment of Malekith was them attempting to tone down on the "space stuff"
    Yeah, ironically they made Thor and his crew Aliens, then decided to try and tone down the outer space elements... How can you expect the film to work if you essentially pick a theme, then go out of your way to downplay the new theme that you've introduced?

They should have just stuck to the core of what Thor is all about and not fucked with him so much. The series would have been 10000x better for it, I'm still cautiously optimistic about Ragnarok, but it seems like every new announcement/leak that comes out chips away a little more at my optimism.

Fingers crossed the trailer will dispell my fears.

what that other user said on the previous pages, they were basically testing the waters with Thor and Hulk because they were the very first SUPER powered superheroes so they didn't wanna risk it so they made them more realistic.

now they will make something different. Captain Marvel will be basically MCU version of Superman so its not a surprise that she will be THE most powerful superhero in MCU.

it makes sense if you look at it that way.
    It makes sense only when you throw away the comic books that the MCU was based on to begin with.

Black Panther and Ragnarok...I think that'll be it for me next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes sense only when you throw away the comic books that the MCU was based on to begin with.

No Spiderman: Homecoming? You're tripping bruh.

Black Panther is 2018.

well, they wanna please the audience who don't read the comics.

besides, they changed a lot of things in MCU.

I mean, ever since Thor was revealed just to be an alien I knew that this will be something else.

Deleted

Guardians 2, Spiderman: Homecoming and Thor: Ragnarok are next year.

Black Panther is in 2018 with Avengers 3 (Infinity War/whatever they decide to call it) and Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Black Panther is 2018.
    Damn. Forgot that they moved the date.

well, they wanna please the audience who don't read the comics.
    That idea is what gave us X-Men the Last Stand, which was pure shit. So much so that the "mutant movies" have never really recovered from that.

The later movies were built on the first movies which were for the most part adapted upon the original material. But whenever they tried to used the later stuff the movies sucked. (IM3 is a good example. Civil War is finally given enough time that we can see past its shine and realize that it wasn't all that good to begin with when anyone could see that the writing didn't make a lot of sense. The only exception was GotG, and that stayed far away from the core supers that made up the popularity)

I think the MCU is finally imploding.

That idea is what gave us X-Men the Last Stand, which was pure shit. So much so that the "mutant movies" have never really recovered from that.

The later movies were built on the first movies which were for the most part adapted upon the original material. But whenever they tried to used the later stuff the movies sucked. (IM3 is a good example. Civil War is finally given enough time that we can see past its shine and realize that it wasn't all that good to begin with when anyone could see that the writing didn't make a lot of sense. The only exception was GotG, and that stayed far away from the core supers that made up the popularity)

I think the MCU is finally imploding.
    but isn't X-Men Fox and not MCU or whatever???

besides, my point is that movies will bomb when it comes to the box office. MCU is a HUGE success so this "Captain Marvel the most powerful superhero" won't really bother anyone.

fans will get over it sooner or later.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2016-12-01 at 04:28 PM.

Yeah, ironically they made Thor and his crew Aliens, then decided to try and tone down the outer space elements... How can you expect the film to work if you essentially pick a theme, then go out of your way to downplay the new theme that you've introduced?
    The difference between "norse god" "extraplanar being" or "alien from other dimension" is really just assigning titles to a thing, so them using the phrase "alien" sort of set off a wierd feel to it. Especially to then give some odd mystical stuff like being worthy of a Hammer.

But then to have Asgard look like Naboo and having Foster/Amidala in little space battles... too much for me.

I think there was also an element of tying in Thor's "origin story", but not using the Blake identity as more than a toss-away joke. He's unworthy, but must prove worthy, but it's just happening NOW, and it's resolved quickly obviously, it just felt off.

They should have just stuck to the core of what Thor is all about and not fucked with him so much. The series would have been 10000x better for it, I'm still cautiously optimistic about Ragnarok, but it seems like every new announcement/leak that comes out chips away a little more at my optimism.

Fingers crossed the trailer will dispell my fears.
    Truthfully, as someone that never read Thor, I'm not even sure what the "core" of Thor is.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."