Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by External View Post
    the damage was ok but i saw myself dying way more often then any other class i got to 110 now.
    That's not ele, that's YOU. If you're dying a lot while leveling as ele then you are the problem. I'm not even sure how you die with a 5 second aoe stun, an aoe knockdown, earth elemental and ancestral shift.

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    I hope that's not true, enhance is brutal. Given my gears not that good but 1, maybe 2 kills and I need to fully heal up or run away. Taking more than 2 things on at once is a death sentence without some luck
    It's not, there are a lot of bad players who refuse to think for themselves. They try to facetank mobs and use a single target lava burst rotation for leveling, which is really stupid.Then they blame the spec for being terrible players.
    Do what I said and you'll breeze through content. Pull as many mobs as you want with flame shock and have them all run into a pack. Then it's:
    Magma totem - lightning surge - storm keeper + 3x CL - earth quake. You then mop stuff up with lava burst and shocks. Even another EQ if you want.
    It's a bit trickier to get casters into the aoe pack, so i generally pull the melee over to the casters and interrupt the farthest to get it to run in.

If you really want to go ham you can throw your elemental totems in. As you get used to doing these pulls you'll be able to time lightning surge and magma so you take very little initial damage. You should be able to stun, magma, storm keeper and get all 3 CLs off just as the stun wears off, then you have EQ down. You'll be at about 50% hp when all is done and off you go to the next pack.

Talent wise you want 3/1/1/2/2/3/3. For level 60 i went swiftness, but echo is also fine. Don't listen to the haters. They tried to level as ele for a couple pulls, failed, then moved on to a braindead option because thinking is just too hard.

7+ Year Old Account
    In M+ dungeons, the amount of time I have Maelstrom available to use EQ is absurd. There's a reason they're shortening the duration to 6 seconds (but not changing damage) for 7.1.5 - you'll be casting it a lot, and they will overlap a lot.

More generally speaking, though, no spec will ever be complete without being at max level, and in this xpac with Artifacts, even max level isn't enough anymore.
    disco inferno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moneyshott View Post
    Don't listen to the haters. They tried to level as ele for a couple pulls, failed, then moved on to a braindead option because thinking is just too hard.
    Well, we all got our opinions. I'm just curious how people can possibly think that Elemental is a good levelling spec. I levelled from 100-102 and switched to Enha, so I did a bit more than a couple of pulls.

I usually dipped to 50% or less when pulling 2 mobs.
    That's what kept me from doing huge pulls.
    Now as I'm running Lightning Rod in M+'s I can see how that would have sped up my levelling process as Elemental.

We all level as we want I suppose?
    Thinking being too hard cause we chose Enhancement? Come on. No need for that stupid statement - The rest of your post actually was really informative.
    Also, not everyone levelled after the Stormkeeper buff. It was quite annoying before.
    Last edited by mmoc44b031ba47; 2016-12-02 at 10:34 AM.

Granted this may seem like cheating to some, but I bought a bunch of lvl 101 835-840 gear to speed up leveling. Helped quite a bit!

Leveling as elemental works perfectly fine. If you're dying a lot, you're probably approaching the spec in a bad manner.

That said, it's hard to argue the fact that enhance is just better. The fact you can instant heal yourself alone already make enough of a difference to practically put enhance ahead.

Elemental might be slightly ahead when you do some AoEing, but that doesn't happen often enough while leveling to make it better. As tank its really easy to AoE pull everything and then cleave it down, but as tank you can take the physical abuse of 3-5 mobs hitting on you while you gather everything up. As elemental the AoE is great when I find clustered mobs ready to be cleaved down as I pull them; but often you'd have to gather them all up as they are scattered, or you're waiting for respawns and then it's not as practical anymore.
    Enhance is still very decent at AoE, and IMO easily beats elemental for single target situations while leveling (I feel elemental needs a bit more stats as well before it feels good, which generally requires max level; whereas enhancement works decently out of the box).

That all said. Shaman still is one of the worst leveling classes in the game.
    I have played nearly every class and the amount of tools other classes can use for leveling is often making shamans look rather pale. Be it pets, be it tanking spec options, be it a better out of the box toolkit, or specific talents/abilities that have a high impact during leveling (e.g. rogues get Marked for Death at level 100; feral druids get Predator at level 15; etc etc).