Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Sure, whatever you want me to say - since you're putting words into my mouth and than asking me if I agree with what I said. Jesus, at least learn a little about asking an UN-loaded question before you emo out the backend.

There will be exceptions for every rule, period - even this one (lol - wait, what?). So of course if people are unable to donate organs they CAN'T be required to - does that ridiculous statement even need to be answered after the logic police arrest you?

Everyone should be an organ donor imo, with obvious exceptions, most of which would be medical.

So you're also for forcing people against their religious beliefs to donate organs. Gotcha!
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    So you're also for forcing people against their religious beliefs to donate organs. Gotcha!
    Nope - but thanks for playing! What's your second guess? (hint - I already mentioned it in my last post - read it through carefully, you'll see it - starts with an e).

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    That would be an ouroboros. All the people who needed organs wouldn't be able to give any because their own organs would be fucked, hence why they need the organ in the first place.

And if somebody didn't want to be on the register, but later had their organs fucked up to the point they required a doner but couldn't give you'd have to grant them the same immunity that you would give to the other guy.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2016-11-30 at 09:21 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    That would be an ouroboros. All the people who needed organs wouldn't be able to give any because their own organs would be fucked, hence why they need the organ in the first place.

And if somebody didn't want to be on the register, but later had their organs fucked up to the point they required a doner you'd have to grant them the same immunity that you would give to the other guy.
    Fucking make me look up a word, damn you! Nice use though, and do people who receive organs become ineligible to donate because of the receipt? Don't make me do any more learnin' . . . .

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a great way to encourage shady doctors to let patients die who need "hard to get" organs (like hearts), but the rest of their organs are perfectly usable. The limited resource then doesn't get used, essentially increasing its supply, while more organs are added to the overall "organ market".
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I'd love to donate my organs. But I'm NOT ALLOWED. I'm a Type 1 Diabetic... with awesome a1cs below 7.0. I can donate blood, but not my organs. Seeing as there's a risk for kidney and liver issues later on... some of us require a donor if crap hits the fan. A lot of people with medical conditions don't have a choice in the matter. Sometimes they can't control the damage done to their organs.

In a T1 Diabetic's case (t2 as well.), the better their control and care. The healthier their organs will be. For instance... my kidneys and liver are in awesome condition.

The difference being... a type 1 diabetic doesn't bring it on themselves like a type 2. One is caused by an autoimmune disorder by varying illnesses that can 'trigger' it to destroy the islet cells on the pancreas. The other is caused by eating so much that the body builds up a resistance to insulin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should you also be eligible to only be protected from a murderer by police, if you are prepared to protect the police from a murderer?

This is the case in which thinking the issue through a bit would make you realize how impractical this kind of reasoning is.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    I'm for forcing all kinds of people to give up their religious objections to all kinds of sensible things.

There should be two seperate lists, one that includes all donors and one that includes those who opted out.

Let's say group A consists of people willing to donate, and group B isn't.

If someone of group A needs an organ, he or she has priority over someone of group B (even if there are people in group B who have a more urgent/life threatening case). But that doesn't mean that people in group B have no chance to receive an organ. The "excess" organs of group A would be used on people in group B.

Of course there can't be any cherry picking when it comes to donating organs. No exceptions, the moment you opt in you agree to donate every single piece of you. Else people would agree to donate something "trivial", but not the rare and highly sought after organs (like hearts), just to enter group A.
    And of course, those who can not donate enter group A by default (though there is always something to harvest...).

And once you have that touch of exclusivity attached to it, the masses will naturally opt in - solving the entire problem completely. You just have to push this through once, after that we would swim in organs! Even the horror scenario of corrupt doctors messing with the waitlist would vanish - simply because 70-90%+ would be donors anyway!

And for those who end up in group B because they are superstitious nutjobs, well good news even for them because there will be a ton of excess organs under the above system! Organs for everyone!

Where is the flaw in this? I'm sure there is a huge flaw because it makes too much sense to me. Or at least worth a try.
    Last edited by Malacrass; 2016-12-01 at 03:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    Of course there can't be any cherry picking when it comes to donating organs. No exceptions, the moment you opt in you agree to donate every single piece of you. Else people would agree to donate something "trivial", but not the rare and highly sought after organs (like hearts), just to enter group A.
    And of course, those who can not donate enter group A by default (though there is always something to harvest...).
    I thought the dead had no choice in what part of their body ends up being donated if they opted in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. If you need an organ in the first place, from sickness or birth defect, what then?

That's a horrible idea, even though I understand why you're saying that.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Lul whoever wants my organs can prepare for a replacement

10+ Year Old Account
    No organs for children, great!

Deleted
    there are better ways to get more organ donors. it's also important too make sure there aren't too many incentives involved organ donations.

the way id go about it would be to have a few classes about it in elementary and high school that are either neutral or positive towards it, so people at least think a handful of times about it throughout their lives. Then send everybody a sign up form on their 18/21st birthday. then after 10 years orso you can think about a opt out system law.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    I thought the dead had no choice in what part of their body ends up being donated if they opted in.
    Don't know about other countries, but in Germany you have the option to carry a donator ID with you, where you can specify which organs you want to donate (or easier said, which organs you DON'T want to donate).
    https://www.organspende-info.de/site...usfuellbar.pdf

There is no registry or anything, you just have to carry it with you. When you end up dead and the medical staff finds the ID you are free game (once braindead).
    Read a while ago that the most named organs to "not be touched" are the heart and eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Yes it is opt-in, but you can still opt-out at any time. You can say no to transplants if you want. The only difference is if you're still opted in when you die your organs get harvested.

It also mandates autopsy reports unless a rich lawyer jumps in and threatens to sue.
    What I believe that poster means is being opted-in by default so that the number would likely climb and having to check the box to opt-out instead. I don't doubt for a minute this would increase the number of organ donors by a good margin.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

So the homeless shouldn't be able to receive free food if they don't give free food?
    Or African children living in poverty with no education shouldn't have a school built near them if they aren't willing to build a school for others?

I think people who ride motorcycles without wearing helmets should automatically be organ donors in the event of a fatal accident.

Deleted
    i work in a dialysisstation in a hospital and all i can say, i dont want donate my organs.
    i find it pretty shady how the reciverlist work.
    there was an old rich man(privat patient with single room, headdoctor-cosulation) who need a liver thanks to heavy drinking. he got one before a woman who need new one because of cancer.
    both have same bloodtype and the woman could live with a a half of a liver.
    i ask the doctor why the men got a higher priorty then the woman and why the cant split the liver into 2 half-trasplates,but all she say was "its commanded by the dso"
    i wasnt really happy about that.
    i ask one of the transplantation surgeon, when i had the chance about the case. he got angry and say it could be much worster like in portugal, where doctors are giving medication witch arent that effective, just to keep organs like liver or kidney transplantable.
    they tell my supervisor i gave them trouble and now im not allowed to ask any kind of questions to the dso-personal

Sorry but we don't let someone die because they are an asshole.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.