Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie Mee View Post
    well, I for once think that there is more going on when it comes to that spiky helmet. it is quite proficient at warping minds. guy like Bolvar, who screamed he will never submit to Lich King, became one and turned rather cruel and shadowy. Maybe these are screams of the damned, but personally I don't buy that screams alone would turn him this way. And he did turn quite a bit.
    There's a pretty stark difference between submitting to someone and taking their position.

7+ Year Old Account
    British Bulldog is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The (not so) hidden return of British Bulldog.

That, but white skin and wearing skulls all over. And Matilda? Wings.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie of Medivh View Post

That, but white skin and wearing skulls all over. And Matilda? Wings.
    Unrelated, but is that Andre the Giant in the background of that picture?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volendrung View Post
    There's a pretty stark difference between submitting to someone and taking their position.
    then he must take this job pretty seriously, to act like a previous Lich King, it takes some acting and dedication
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHMRulez1 View Post
    British Bulldog is that you?
    I have answered it already, I'm not him, in fact I'm not 'he' at all.

This is a post that has inspired me: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post43495064

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Yep.

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Sargeras killed the group of nathrezim on the corrupted world-soul he didn't capture them and send them to Marduum. If they were in the Legion, Sargeras would have had to hunt down those specific nathrezim again wherever they went.
    Yeah I'm not talking about those ones, im talking about the ones he encountered that led him to discovering the Void Lords existence in the first place. There was demons far more intelligent, using the void and he found through them, the Void Lords spreading their corruption through the universe. This is before he knew of the Old Gods, so it easily implies the corruption is the more intelligent dread lords using void magic.

And these demons would have been killed, killed, killed and killed many times before Sargeras created the prison and then created the Legion. There isn't anything that says he ever perma killed any demons so all those dread lords he came across are most likely part of the Legion or part of the Deadwind Harvester.

Using shadow magic doesn't mean getting power from the void lords. The void lords reside in the Void, they don't own all shadow magic.
    Through investigating these dark powers and where they originated from, Sargeras discovered that malign intelligences were spreading corruption throughout the cosmos.
    You can interpret that however you want, but this to me and others imply the Void Lords were teaching demons void magic, especially since this was before Sargeras learned of the Old Gods. The only corruption this could imply... the demons using void magic and being far more intelligent than the rest.
    Last edited by MikeBogina; 2016-12-01 at 05:36 AM.

Deleted
    This guy again... sigh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    And these demons would have been killed, killed, killed and killed many times before Sargeras created the prison and then created the Legion. There isn't anything that says he ever perma killed any demons so all those dread lords he came across are most likely part of the Legion or part of the Deadwind Harvester.
    Demons are infinite and space is huge. Sargeras didn't kill these demons many times over. He had never encountered them before. At this point when he discovered them basking in the Old Gods' power, he had already created Mardum.

Yeah I'm not talking about those ones, im talking about the ones he encountered that led him to discovering the Void Lords existence in the first place. There was demons far more intelligent, using the void and he found through them, the Void Lords spreading their corruption through the universe. This is before he knew of the Old Gods, so it easily implies the corruption is the more intelligent dread lords using void magic.
    You can interpret that however you want, but this to me and others imply the Void Lords were teaching demons void magic, especially since this was before Sargeras learned of the Old Gods. The only corruption this could imply... the demons using void magic and being far more intelligent than the rest.
    Those were Sargeras' own investigations into shadow magic and their origins. It's not something he learned about from the demons themselves. He just noticed that demons were using it. That same paragraph specifically notes that "the unruly demons were disorganized and incompetent." They weren't being directed by the void lords or anyone. The first time the demons had any kind of direction was in the Legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Ner'zhul = the Lich King. And so far as history goes an Orc is not a void lord.
    So what happened with Ner'zhul / LK that made him deceive the Burning Legion? And how was it that Kel'thuzad and others became undead? As if Yogg Saron didn't yell enough happy things about death? Where the Burning Legion didn't need the undead, but demonic powers out of the Twisting Nether.

I'm with the OP. Lich King as a pawn of the Old Gods is way more cooler idea since, as we have seen in WC3 the BL had zero control of Arthas / LK. When we kick ass of the demons at their realm the Original Gangastas will envade Azeroth abusing the Lich King.
    Last edited by mmoc35d7b819a1; 2016-12-01 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandraren3000 View Post
    So what happened with Ner'zhul / LK that made him deceive the Burning Legion? And how was it that Kel'thuzad and others became undead? As if Yogg Saron didn't yell enough happy things about death? Where the Burning Legion didn't need the undead, but demonic powers out of the Twisting Nether.

I'm with the OP. Lich King as a pawn of the Old Gods is way more cooler idea since, as we have seen in WC3 the BL had zero control of Arthas / LK. When we kick ass of the demons at their realm the Original Gangastas will envade Azeroth abusing the Lich King.
    Because being tormented to the very definition of pain and losing control after fulfilling your purpose is not fun. Plague of Undeath and Arthas resurrecting KT. BL led the scourge prior to the Civil War in the Plaguelands.

But I would say that Arthas being a pawn of the old gods is out of question as he would of led the scourge to killing the Keepers and freeing Yogg-Sarron rather than wage war on Azeroth.

Deleted
    I don't see him as a void lord but the point about Nathrezim making his gear does ring a little bells. In the end it's probably a mishmash of different types of dark magic.

Deleted
    I don't think we have yet seen a true Void lord. Yes others have Void powers but that doesn't mean that are of the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since Jaina is a void lord, it would make sense that her boyfriend is one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Yep - I'm pretty sure this was from World Tour 1991, a Colosseum Home Video release.

Ha, found the match on DailyMotion: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6b...earthqua_sport

Lousy copy with foreign announcing, but there's a barely moving Andre the Giant with Bulldog taking on John "Earthquake" Tenta with Jimmy Hart.

So, enjoy.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thesentinelblue View Post
    Because being tormented to the very definition of pain and losing control after fulfilling your purpose is not fun. Plague of Undeath and Arthas resurrecting KT. BL led the scourge prior to the Civil War in the Plaguelands.

But I would say that Arthas being a pawn of the old gods is out of question as he would of led the scourge to killing the Keepers and freeing Yogg-Sarron rather than wage war on Azeroth.
    What makes you think it didn't or wasn't on his plans? We did go through Yoggie before LK and there were lots of connections between those two. Blizzard said them self that they should have made it more clear that killing Yogg Saron had serious impact on the Lich King.

Google and see.
    Last edited by mmoc35d7b819a1; 2016-12-02 at 01:43 PM.

Actually. This makes sense. Arthas did use that purple void zone in the encounter that sends you flying. Maybe the reason it sends you flying is that it's actually outside of the world, and a portal to the Void Lord's domain.
    Considering Tirion Fordring is the Light lord and creates naarus, it makes sense that he would want to kill the Lich King.
    I think we have pretty good evidence that Bolvar is Ragnaros in disguise too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandraren3000 View Post
    What makes you think it didn't or wasn't on his plans? We did go through Yoggie before LK and there were lots of connections between those two. Blizzard said them self that they should have made it more clear that killing Yogg Saron had serious impact on the Lich King.

Google and see.
    All I can find is that the Scourge undead have serious hatred and contempt for Yogg-Saron.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlewick View Post
    Actually. This makes sense. Arthas did use that purple void zone in the encounter that sends you flying. Maybe the reason it sends you flying is that it's actually outside of the world, and a portal to the Void Lord's domain.
    Considering Tirion Fordring is the Light lord and creates naarus, it makes sense that he would want to kill the Lich King.
    I think we have pretty good evidence that Bolvar is Ragnaros in disguise too.
    I heard some compelling theories that Varian and Thrall are the same people!

Deleted
    Could his powers have been originally granted by them? Yes, they could.

Was the Lich King a void lord? No, not at all; where the heck do you get this kind of ideas from?

Quote Originally Posted by thesentinelblue View Post
    All I can find is that the Scourge undead have serious hatred and contempt for Yogg-Saron.

- - - Updated - - -

I heard some compelling theories that Varian and Thrall are the same people!
    Actually, that was confirmed in Legion. The entirety of the Broken Shore was just so that Thrall could stop pretending to be Varian and just retire. Aggra dressed up as Gul'dan and tricked us, we've all been bamboozled.