Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Do you even play other casters?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, if you're still unhappy after the last PTR build I'm not sure you'll ever be satisfied. Fireball buffed, Pyroblast buffed, Fire Blast buffed, Flamestrike buffed, Scorch buffed.
    Sure that's gonna offset loss of 20% crit. And 35% mastery during combustion kappa. I mean, it's just numbers tuning, right? Pretty much like Ele shamans getting their maelstorm gain reduced by 90% or balance druids having their wrath cast time increased by 5 seconds.
    Also stat weights were not adjusted at all, you still want crit more than anything and mastery is still complete and utter shit outside very rare scenarios and outside of having 80-100% of it. If anything, blizzard only encouraged us to stack even more crit, so shit like crafted neck with double crit and gem is more valuable for us than it is on live - because we need more crit, and we are encouraged to drop our other stats for it.

Answer me honestly, do you think that it's good design and "balance" for fire mage to not want almost any nighthold gear because titanforged EN gear that actually has crit is better? Seriously, i look at loot tables and laugh, i will pass on almost everything if i keep playing fire (which i won't in its current PTR state, i won't be brought up into a raid if i barely do more damage than a tank)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    Me, I am not changing, simply have zero desire to put all that effort in to get back to same place I am already at. Told my raid lead last night to expect my DPS to be shit from 7.1.5 until a month or so after 7.2 releases, will gladly sit if holding them back on progression.
    Kinda what i did too. I'm not going to raid next patch, i just hope that these nerfs won't be enough to kick my out of mythic+
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-12-01 at 02:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I'm just wondering why everyone is worrying about mages when every single class and spec is getting nerfed due to changes with secondary stats. People should really be worrying about their own classes at this point, or you may wake up in worse shape than you already are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I'm just wondering why everyone is worrying about mages when every single class and spec is getting nerfed due to changes with secondary stats. People should really be worrying about their own classes at this point, or you may wake up in worse shape than you already are.
    We are worrying about our own class. Sure a lot of specs are getting nerfed but with fire they kinda went too far. It's not going to be as much fun, and number wise it's still really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by koaxialus View Post
    We are worrying about our own class. Sure a lot of specs are getting nerfed but with fire they kinda went too far. It's not going to be as much fun, and number wise it's still really bad.
    It's still stupid to compare numbers to live numbers when all classes are significantly weaker on PTR. In addition to the secondary stat changes that affect all classes, all agility specs also lost another 5% crit baseline.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GT4 View Post
    It's still stupid to compare numbers to live numbers when all classes are significantly weaker on PTR. In addition to the secondary stat changes that affect all classes, all agility specs also lost another 5% crit baseline.
    Well specs like frost and arcane are pretty much where they are on live, and different classes are even better off than before. Still the changes which went live on ptr should have been there from beginning to see where they end up. I mentioned this several times only to get flamed that Blizzard said they will balance to compensate. Tbh they always overbuff, and overnerf. I think it's to just keep things fresh, which is kinda a good thing in some ways. Playing one spec for the whole expansion has almost never been a thing.

I don't honestly get the PI nerf tbh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mightyraven View Post
    I don't honestly get the PI nerf tbh
    Critical rating scaling...

I'm a fire mage posting in the mage forum, why would I have an issue with mages worry about mages? It's all of the other classes in here whining about their crap I was talking about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I'm a fire mage posting in the mage forum, why would I have an issue with mages worry about mages? It's all of the other classes in here whining about their crap I was talking about.
    Well other classes whining here shouldn't be here in the first place because most of the time they have no idea what they are talking about, and seem to have the same bias Blizzard has right now.

No matter what Blizzard does Crit will always be by far the best stat for Fire as long as Heating Up / Hotstreak, Critical Mass passives are there

Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    No matter what Blizzard does Crit will always be by far the best stat for Fire as long as Heating Up / Hotstreak, Critical Mass passives are there
    Definitely not true, but keep putting feelings ahead of math if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Definitely not true, but keep putting feelings ahead of math if you want.
    Let's say it that way: More crit equals smoother gameplay. Because of more procs, more instant casts etc. Do you really want to play a fire mage with 40% crit who has to cast fireball all the time but everything just hits a little bit harder?

Deleted
    My Crit on Live: 63%.
    My Crit on PTR: 53%.

No commend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eltho View Post
    My Crit on Live: 63%.
    My Crit on PTR: 53%.

No commend.
    53% oh my, must be the end of the world! Everybody, quickly reroll!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylalai View Post
    Let's say it that way: More crit equals smoother gameplay. Because of more procs, more instant casts etc. Do you really want to play a fire mage with 40% crit who has to cast fireball all the time but everything just hits a little bit harder?
    If it is more dps than yes. I doubt crit will be behind othe secondary stats, but it will hardly be in the place where it was before. It is all to make gear viable. I am 893 max ilvl yet I wear 885. This should be the reason for blizz changes but not on expense of dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Difuid View Post
    I am fine with the devs reducing the burst so fire is not a slave of CD stacking IF they raise the sustained damage accordingly. Or give people the choice what they want to focus on with talent (for ex.: burst CD vs maintenance debuff) and gear choices.
    See, that would be a nice choice to have; a combustion mage (based on high bursts) or the sustained mage (slower build-up but steady damage). Much like the difference between Assasination and Subtlety.

Now, mages have to nigh identicaly specs with different spell effects. I have no idea what frost is about though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaap View Post
    53% oh my, must be the end of the world! Everybody, quickly reroll!
    You obviously have no idea what that means for a fire mage.

If it is more dps than yes. I doubt crit will be behind othe secondary stats, but it will hardly be in the place where it was before. It is all to make gear viable. I am 893 max ilvl yet I wear 885. This should be the reason for blizz changes but not on expense of dps.
    I'm totally okay with a change to Int > Crit.
    I'm wearing a 845 ring (crit only) and I'm on 877.. Why not just add primary stats on rings etc.? Because otherwise they'll have to strongly devalue crit-rating or increase the value of other secondary stats. And I don't know how I would feel about that.

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Do you even play other casters?

- - - Updated - - -

Well, if you're still unhappy after the last PTR build I'm not sure you'll ever be satisfied. Fireball buffed, Pyroblast buffed, Fire Blast buffed, Flamestrike buffed, Scorch buffed.
    eehm, sure, but crit damage got nerfed, crit chance got nerfed, mastery got nerfed.. so overall the patch was another nerf and if you don't understand that then just go away..

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Now, mages have to nigh identicaly specs with different spell effects. I have no idea what frost is about though.
    Ray of frost build has probably highest 10s burst in game, bone chilling is more about ramp up and sustained dmg, glacial spike is about building big icicles and then unleash very big glacial spikes
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Rylalai View Post
    Imagine a Fire Mage with 50% base crit chance, and 50% crit chance every time Fireball doesn't crit. Is Crit still the best stat on gear?

The answer is no, it's not.