Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

OPEC countries agree decrease in oil production

I hate that they can just do this...petrol prices set to rise.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-38155185

Honestly, as an average guy I really begrudge paying extra for petrol. When will these oil shackles be released!

Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post

Honestly, as an average guy I really begrudge paying extra for petrol. When will these oil shackles be released!

Probably they are thinking that Trump us going to lift a great number of Obama's drilling restrictions, especially dealing with the oil platforms in the gulf and ocean, which have a much lower price per barrel profit point then the fracking companies.

U.S. oil producers control the price of oil these days or so they say. Where is Reese? He works in the bizz. We are the #1 producer of oil, surpassing Saudi Arabia.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    Either when we switch fully to green energy, or we increase domestic production and not sell it on the market.

Hopefully, it will be a mix of both under Trump.

Mostly because I think Saudia Arabia is the biggest destabilizer in the world at the moment.
    We are already doing this, OPEC controlling prices is only due to the stock speculation. The OPEC nations no longer control enough of the world's production to set prices therefore this is all artificial. Also oil demand has been stagnating and is not expected to pick up anytime soon.

This environment has also been good in a way oil producers are preparing for a world of $20 - $30 oil by increasing efficiency.

Don't care my Tesla is on the way and everyone else should hop on the bandwagon.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

The Arabs have had us by the balls since the 70s oil crisis

Why do you think we care so much about what happens in that sand blasted shit hole?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BrummiePride View Post
    The Arabs have had us by the balls since the 70s oil crisis

Why do you think we care so much about what happens in that sand blasted shit hole?
    Well I am hoping that the oil stranglehold will end sooner rather than later.

Deleted
    That's good news for Putin.

It's ok, we're covered

Apache discovers 3 billion barrels of oil in West Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    That's good news for Putin.
    The Russians have also agreed to reduce their production by 300k barrels/day.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    The cuts only increased Brent 10% and WTI 9%, the price can only go so high before more tight oil is brought back, which would tend to cap prices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Then that's very bad news for civilians all over the world, because they're the only ones effected by price hikes of such stuff.

Deleted
    You sure? I hope they increase production and bury opec saudis n all the other deplorable islamist economies. It has been fun watching saudi economy taking a beating

Deleted
    Geat news! Oil's got to go.

10+ Year Old Account

So you bought an electric car and still feel like you're shackled?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Actually, it's "The Russians have to agree to cut production for OPEC deal to stick"; meeting with non-OPEC decisions will not come until December 9th, and actual decision might take even longer.

Deleted
    Do not be worried most of the OPEC and Russia desperate need the oil revenue, hence they will not stick to the agreement (X did not honored agreement so why should I) and If the oil price go up to 50$ barrel a longer time the US shale oil will start to flood the market.....

The only thing that will drive the price up a longer time is a war at the wrong (or right) place or huge economic boom
    Last edited by mmoc957ac7b970; 2016-12-01 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    We are already doing this, OPEC controlling prices is only due to the stock speculation. The OPEC nations no longer control enough of the world's production to set prices therefore this is all artificial. Also oil demand has been stagnating and is not expected to pick up anytime soon.

This environment has also been good in a way oil producers are preparing for a world of $20 - $30 oil by increasing efficiency.
    oil demand stagnating? ever heard of china? they have en ENORMOUS thirst for oil as more and more of them become middle class and buy cars, and it's only speeding up.

Deleted
    Petrol prices are high mostly because of taxes. In most EU countries petrol actually costs only about 1/3 of its price, the rest are taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Don't care my Tesla is on the way and everyone else should hop on the bandwagon.
    Nice! But its not really usable for long distance travel and I heard its breaking too often. Though I'd love to have one anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    oil demand stagnating? ever heard of china? they have en ENORMOUS thirst for oil as more and more of them become middle class and buy cars, and it's only speeding up.
    Hence cities are close to trafic infarct and drown in smog, that cools the need for the middle class to buy more cars. The number of cars will increase but growth slows down.