Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What are the FOTM in 7.1.5?

What are the flavors of the month in 7.1.5. I know that fire mages [thank god] have gotten nerfed and shadow priests apparently also i know that elemental is doing very good
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    Frost, Arcane, MM, Arms!!, Retri

not sure about : Enhancer, Feral, Rogues

Classes that will be brokenly bad : Warlocks

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    WOW. These are my favorite specs, MM is okay ig though, too bad I have a fire legendary tho. oh well, at least i have the bis ret cape
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Tuning isn't done, or anywhere near done. So no one knows.

After this big early life patch tends to be when they stop giving a fuck about class balance and letting things rot, so just wait and see.

Always go with a mage, doesnt matter the patch, doesnt matter the expansion, always.go.mage

Useless question to ask until we see a Release patch on the PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Always go with a mage, doesnt matter the patch, doesnt matter the expansion, always.go.mage
    I'd hit my dick with a hammer before I'd play Mage. It could be the living embodiment of power and I still wouldnt want to touch that clunky ass, retro MMO feeling piece of shit for another second.

If recent history is any indication, I would wait long and hard for tuning to finish before jumping on the next bandwagon. More so I would take into consideration likely nerfs after the patch hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post

not sure about : Enhancer, Feral, Rogues

Classes that will be brokenly bad : Warlocks
    how is warlock going to be broken?

Also, its Ret (for retribution pallies) and Enhance (for enhancement shamans)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moadebe View Post
    how is warlock going to be broken?

Also, its Ret (for retribution pallies) and Enhance (for enhancement shamans)
    well so far the patch notes are looking awful. Basically Destruction is getting some quite juicy nerfs and Affliction too. Demonology gets towned down a little bit too. But who nows where they are going with the PTR. Many classes receives nerf though.

Keep in mind that this is only my opinion and view. I could be totally wrong and the changes are actually positive in some weird way that I do not understand. ^^

This, I'd main one since Cataclysm if I found them more fun to play.

not if you ask mages, they like to claim they're already the biggest piles of shit theres ever been and that the sky's falling with the new patch

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    What are the flavors of the month in 7.1.5. I know that fire mages [thank god] have gotten nerfed and shadow priests apparently also i know that elemental is doing very good
    Retribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    not if you ask mages, they like to claim they're already the biggest piles of shit theres ever been and that the sky's falling with the new patch
    Arcane looks to be getting a boost, and while people are crying about fire, it probably won't be that bad.

The problem is people have dumped a ton of AP into fire, and it seems fire is getting nerfed. Hopefully people are taking time to lvl up aluneth, and acquire some mastery gear.

Mages will be fine. They always are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet a lot of people currently playing Enhance will switch over to Ele

Arcane, imo. It's already solid damage wise and they're ironing out the gimmicky gameplay that it currently relies on. The changes are looking fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Deleted
    Everything Elemental had to look forward to has been reverted or nerfed - so im not sure why you would want to play elemental?

The FOTM is whichever class you choose to pretend it is.

Quote Originally Posted by shaft4783 View Post
    Arcane looks to be getting a boost, and while people are crying about fire, it probably won't be that bad.

The problem is people have dumped a ton of AP into fire, and it seems fire is getting nerfed. Hopefully people are taking time to lvl up aluneth, and acquire some mastery gear.

Mages will be fine. They always are.
    Unless you overlook the fact that most of that boost has already been nerfed back down ( they nerfed Overpower). Of the mages though they are probably still the best off simply because they haven't been hit as hard with the nerf stick at this point. Fire is in pretty rough shape at this point ( seems to be roughly 100k drop in single target which we were middle of the pack on to begin with). Last I saw for Fire, Flamestrike was almost as much damage ST as casting Pyro.