Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

Wow that's a lot of votes for a game someone as ignorant as me has never heard of. I don't think....it got as much hate as you guys think it does?
    I'm actualy impressed that you never heard of Dragon age 2. (which is what DA2 stands for) like... how?

trust me it got a LOT of undeserved hate in part becasue it was a sequel, with a very different tone and execution to Dragon Age origins with Dragon age origins being the last game bioware did prior to being acquired by EA and often seen as spiritual successor to Baldur's gate (the origins, not the DA2). so part of the hate is a spill over from EA. I mean the game WAS rushed and its very likely EA's fault, but.. its still a very decent game.

Honestly the only thing I dislike about DA2 is that you almost never leave the city.

The combat, the leveling, the story, and the characters, I really like all of the rest of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    FFX-2.

People cannot seem to get past what the game was trying to be. It was meant to be lighter in tone at the beginning, but it becomes nearly as serious as FFX was with machina about to destroy the entire world.

The dressphere system was PHENOMENAL and leveling up and getting new skills in X-2 was one of the best out of any FF games, far surpassing the Junction or Materia systems imo.

But all people saw was the intro where Yuna was dancing (And its not even Yuna) and they just dismissed the entire game. Yes, the transformations are straight out of Sailor Moon or the Magical Girl trope, but who cares? Being tropey doesn't inherently make something good or bad. Yuna is still Yuna in X-2, and if people spent even 30 minutes playing that game they'd see it.
    Nope. The game was terrible because the story progression was stupid. You had to go to a specific place to advance the plot, but you can't because you have to go to other areas to level up, or you're screwed. But you don't know where side plot things are going on, so you have to guess. You pick a place, and end up getting your ass handed to you by monsters ten levels higher than you. The game was completely impossible without a walkthrough, and completely insignificant things that you would never find out casually contributed to your "completion percentage". had nothing to do with dancing girls and dressspheres.

Nope. The game was terrible because the story progression was stupid. You had to go to a specific place to advance the plot, but you can't because you have to go to other areas to level up, or you're screwed.
    The very first time I played X-2 I mostly ignored the side quests and did fine. It wasn't until I got to the mega-dungeon that I realized I needed to farm to do it, which is wholly optional. Vegnagun is really not a hard final boss if you just played the story. The game was perfectly fine to play unless you wanted to 100% it. Which then, of course, you probably would need help. Like almost every FF game if you want to 100% it.

You pick a place, and end up getting your ass handed to you by monsters ten levels higher than you.
    Then you go somewhere else? You know, with your fast travel that could take you anywhere and let you return to your ship instantly? You were only locked into a place and couldn't leave if you went to the next story area, which the game blatantly tells you is the next story area.

Have you played Final Fantasy before? Have you never accidentally wandered into an area with stuff far higher than you and get killed? You could easily do that in 7, 8, or 9. 10 made it a bit harder, but I vividly remember in 9 accidentally stumbling across a Grand Dragon RIGHT NEAR the next part of the story and getting team wiped. Or, oops, I opened the magic lamp right after Cid gave it to me in 8 and Diablos wtfpwned my entire party. Or how about going to the jungle area in 12 early on in the game and getting wiped by level 20-25 mobs as a level 5?

Accidentally finding a far harder area or stumbling upon an enemy that is far harder than you could tackle is not new or unique to X-2.

The game was completely impossible without a walkthrough, and completely insignificant things that you would never find out casually contributed to your "completion percentage".
    Completion percentage had nothing to do with actually finishing the game. It was about getting the absolute "perfect" ending, which you can't even get in your first playthrough.

I'm not sure why you're pretending things that exist in other FF games is suddenly a new feature of X-2. At best the only real legitimate thing brought up was the completion percentage, which, once again, isn't mandatory (or even possible) to complete the first time through. That's really the only issue I have with X-2, is that you couldn't get the 100% perfect ending in a single playthrough. At least that's how it was in the original version, I have no idea if the HD Remake fixed that to let you. If making a 100% convoluted the worst part of X-2, that's rather insignificant.

But at least you played the game, almost everybody I know who hates it saw the opening cutscene and said it was bad.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-12-01 at 06:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Metroid: Other M

Duke Nukem Forever

the Skylanders series (ignoring the figure requirements (which isnt too bad unless you are going for 100%) the games are very enjoyable little Diablo-lite adventures and the characters and setting actually feels right for a reboot of Spyro that it started out as)

Shadow Hearts: From the New World

The Flinstones: The Treasure of Sierra Madrock (a solid SNES platformer by Taito that I only recently discovered back in the day it got very mediocre reviews)

I recently got Super Monkey Ball Adventure and I wanted to see if I could disprove the hate it gets, but no...so far its pretty terrible.
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2016-12-01 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    Most MMOGs that came out after WoW and initially were forced to release before they were ready and then over the next year or two fixed all their problems but could never get all the launch players to come back because first impressions are important. Age of Conan, SWTOR, etc., etc., etc.
    One of these things is not like the other. SWTOR made some incredibly boneheaded mistakes, but those stem mostly from poor choice of game engine and Post-50/Dailies woes. The 1-50 presentation of the game was actually really fucking good.

Age of Conan however, was launched half finished and deserved the bad rep it got. Stuff missing at launch included: Mailboxes weren't working and most baffling: stats on equipment didn't work. Dark Age of Camelot didn't itemize dungeons beyond the starter ones until 3-6 months after release, but that was still the early days of MMOs so people let it slide. (And you could still craft gear) Shit like that doesn't fly by the time AoC was launched.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Dragon Age 2.
    Yep. I quite enjoyed DA2. It was a departure from DA1, and a lot of people disliked that. It was nowhere near as bad as some people made it out to be, though.
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

You over-hype your mediocre game, you'll get shit on.

Can't really get how people can claim that DA2 got more hate than it deserved, it was a letdown in about every sense...

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Honestly the only thing I dislike about DA2 is that you almost never leave the city.

The combat, the leveling, the story, and the characters, I really like all of the rest of it.
    I hate how it reminds you on every corner that it was rushed. Lets copy paste the one cavern template we have, block exits 2 and 4 with stone that looks as it was inserted using Microsoft Paint, add 30 identical looking NPCs in waves and lets call it a dungeon. The characters are pretty good but this game just constantly throws you into the face how cheap it was made. Plus it was one of the pinnacles of EAs DLC whoreing. And I didn't like the story either. It felt like bunch of adventures aimlessly wandering around stumbling from one unrelated desaster to the next.

- - - Updated - - -

To add a game myself: Tokyo Mirage Sessions

The game got shit on quite alot for its theme and style, especially after being initially announced a SMT Fire emblem crossover. And while I do think I would have liked their first approach better, the final result is definitely not as bad as people make it to be. If you can look over the cringeworthy theme its an awesome JRPG with deep mechanics.
    Last edited by Faldric; 2016-12-01 at 09:37 AM.

WoW. 'Nuff said ...

Diablo III. Bunch of idiots ...

Hellgate London.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Diablo III. Bunch of idiots ...
    My biggest issue with this game was the RMAH. This NEVER should have been a feature. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by mehow2g View Post
    Hellgate London.
    This game could have been good. If I recall though it launched broken.

Broken Broken Broken Broken

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    My biggest issue with this game was the RMAH. This NEVER should have been a feature. Ever.

This game could have been good. If I recall though it launched broken.

Broken Broken Broken Broken
    It was incomplete and broken but I had one of the best times in gaming in that game.

Me and my two friends were playing like 8-16 hours a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    DA2, Hellgate London, and Dark Souls 2.

oh man, Hellgate... "remember the dead, but fight for the living" I'm still sad that I cannot play that game in some form at least nowadays :/

Knight Online

Sure it has a lot of cheaters, it aged badly graphics wise, the systems are too similar to any other MMORPG of the early 2000s... The RvR in that game was epic, there were invasions of enemy territories, wars going in pretty big battlefields, it was fluid and captivating. And now it got only a 45% score on Steam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mass Effect 3. I loved it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3 are the two that come to mind. Oh also Dark Souls 2.
    Yeah, was thinking about those exact ones myself.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Deleted
    to jump the dragon age bandwagon I feel like I saw quite a bit of hate towards DA:I as well, which is bonkers since it's a super fun game imo