Page 60 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitomi View Post
    Armory Link: -snip-
    WarcraftLogs Link: -snip-
    Questions, concerns, expectations: I'm definitely doing something wrong in my rotation, I canHold really well with my burst up but then i just totally fall off the meters I don't really watch them during a fight so it's not a matter of being distracted, I'm wondering If I need to change my gear at all though i think i have relatively good stats. Just looking for advice of what i should be doing more of
    Your itemisation looks pretty good. Maybe could do with more Vers but overall reasonable, your helmet's the only place you've picked up optional Mastery, there are options from Mythic+ if you wanted to replace it.
    I looked at your most recent Ursoc kill, as that's probably the easiest fight for Rets in the current tier (sans maybe Guarm?)
    First thing I can see from the logs is a lack of WoA casts, you had 6 in a 4:32 fight (almost ideal fight length for Ret), you should be having a lot more. One during your first Crusade, and then nearly every 30s after that you should be casting WoA. I can also see SoV not being used offensively. Ursoc is pretty easy to get the full use out of SoV's offensive capabilities, throw it on before the first Roaring Cacophony and it'll definitely break and do its full damage. It looks like you remembered it 2 minutes into the fight, then again during your final Crusade.
    I'm at work so can't spend much more time on this, but that's just a few pointers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
    Haste is only your best stat until you reach a break point(20-22% in most cases).

Vers >= Crit > Haste > Mastery will likely be your stat priority once you're at a break point.
    I see a lot of mythic raiders stack crit instead of mastery after like 28% mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    I see a lot of mythic raiders stack crit instead of mastery after like 28% mastery.
    28% mastery is extremely high.

Mythic raiders will be stacking crit/vers, only looking for haste to a certain point and avoiding mastery.

Armory Link:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Irenaa/simple

Worldoflogs Link:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=1

Questions, concerns, expectations:
    How do I improve from here? I got started by I feel im doing bad DPS. I want advice and insights, dont be afraid to tell me where im wrong and that kind of stuff Im here to learn.

Description of Playstyle:
    I really don't know what I should put here. Sorry.

Deleted
    Whats wrong rotaion or stats?

armory:
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Lcfr/simple

logs:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/GMLA8r97yqXKCkah#

here's the disapointment:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/yxWDwZqkLP2ahp7H#type=damage-done&fight=1

i think i fucked up shit the hole ride..

PS: you have copy/pate i cant psot links, yet.

Deleted

dps check

Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/drakthul/Pustekq/simple
    Log: warcraftlogs.com/reports/TgpkqL1cVwP8nHWN#fight=8&type=damage-done
    Questions: I feel like I should do more dps with my ilvl is my rotation bad or is it bad gear? I am open to all suggestions.
    Thx for help

Quote Originally Posted by Pustek View Post
    Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/drakthul/Pustekq/simple
    Log: warcraftlogs.com/reports/TgpkqL1cVwP8nHWN#fight=8&type=damage-done
    Questions: I feel like I should do more dps with my ilvl is my rotation bad or is it bad gear? I am open to all suggestions.
    Thx for help
    Uh yea for starters... you don't use any potions at all in that fight? Or did you use prolonged power twice?

Deleted
    Armory : eu.battle.net/wow/ en/character/dalaran/Tarondor/advanced
    Log : warcraftlogs.com /reports/7XjnwgzqY8K6yV4L#type=damage-done&fight=16
    Questions : I dont understand why my dps and my perf% is so low, perhaps am i doing something wrong, i'd be tanksfull to everyone who could help me to improve my dps and my skill !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Uh yea for starters... you don't use any potions at all in that fight? Or did you use prolonged power twice?
    Yes I used prolonged twice

Going to be honest, I know people will say other wise, but I've found that double old war pot is still better because the way our class is designed.

Our DPS really only comes in 30 second spikes.

I still pre-pot old war when I can and then second old war pot about 5 seconds into my second crusade.

Its nice that prolonged lasts 60 seconds and while classes that use sustained dps in their design probably benefit better, not so much in our case.

Our sustained DPS is just meh, so adding extra strength onto it doesn't do much, least it feels that way from my own meters.

Amory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Frah/simple

Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/NjbL4zwGFQaWyq6Y (Elerethe to Il'gynoth)
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/yBCxkLRFJG3wjH6K (Cenarius and Xavius)
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/zpj3DaP97fHvJ4Cb#fight=8 (HC ToV, Guarm)

Questions: I feel like I am doing a lot less damage than I should, which is a problem since our melee team is very competitive and it is hard to gain a spot. Especially my bracket dps is very low. Zeal sims higher for me but TFoJ appears to be higher in reality. I am mostly worried about my single target damage as we have a lot of other dps that mainly take care of adds (Hyrja/Il'gynoth). I would really appreciate some help since I'm not sure at what I should look at from logs to figure out what I'm doing wrong (I know that I sometimes use TV outside of Judgement window).

Deleted
    Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/neptulon/Faallen/advanced

Logs: warcraftlogs.com/reports/RkGNvt4QCKP2cqBz#fight=5&type=damage-done
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/v2xcWJQb9k7pg4A8#type=damage-done
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/zHZgjFf7CYvaRdmN#fight=11&type=damage-done

Question 1: What's wrong with my damage. every log i check out ret paladins do way more damage than what i'm able to pull out, both dps and average hit damage. i suspect that my low weapon is an issue. Would like if someone experienced can confirm or deny this. Any other reasons for falling behind are appreciated.

Question 2: What trinkets are best to use? Faulty Countermeasure(855) is outperforming anything else i have. For second trinket i have a lot of options. So far Memento of Angerboda(855) feels stronger than Swarming Plaguehive(870) despite what guides say. Also just got Spiked Counterweight(880) and Ursoc's Rending Paw(895), haven't tried them yet but both are ranked pretty low in guides. Should i go for Ilvl or the effects of what i have are better in this case?

Thanks for reading and for helping me figure this out.

hi guys today i got "Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus" but idk... if that neck its better than a "Pendant of the Watchful Eye" ilvl 870 and if i put prydaz i lost 4% of haste and stay in 21% i need help thx

Quote Originally Posted by jesuspapa5 View Post
    hi guys today i got "Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus" but idk... if that neck its better than a "Pendant of the Watchful Eye" ilvl 870 and if i put prydaz i lost 4% of haste and stay in 21% i need help thx
    Prydaz is pretty brutal for ret.

Terrible stats and no strength to at least make up for it.

We barely benefit at all from the added survivability too considering it's pretty much impossible to die on a ret in PvE right now.

Deleted
    Hello everyone,

rolled retri for legion and since launch I have the feeling that I'm definitely not performing as I could giving the content and my ilvl bracket.
    I've read a lot of posts/guides/etc watched some videos and spend quite some time comparing logs but still cannot figure out what might be wrong.
    And the final drop was yesterdays Nythendra M when we got an outsider ret and he totally wrecked the dps meters while I was near the bottom and not even matching the other melees.
    Yesterday I know I got fucked up by rng when I had to run with Rot just after I popped my wings the second time. But despite that I still think I should do much more dmg.

So if you could have a look and give some tips or ideas what I could improve it would be much appreciated.

List of logs is here:
    Code:
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/4njrG3zLfQJxAwpZ#fight=15&type=damage-done
    warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/19078999/10/#
    and armory here:
    Code:
    battle.net/wow/en/character/grim-batol/Bublifuk/simple
    thanks in advance for any advice you can give me

from logs first things that come up to my mind are
    - dont use justicar vengence
    - not using shield of vengence of CD for dps - it can crit for over a milion
    - hes using pot of old war which is OP with crusade and BL combined
    - besides that you dont have a on use trinket to use with crusade
    Last edited by urw; 2016-12-01 at 11:04 AM.

Hiya,

Currently I'm simming around 370-380k but in raids I'm doing 360 ish (see log below). In addition to that, I'm ranking pretty damn low in both my ilvl bracket and for paladins in general.

Here is my latest mythic EN log (see ursoc specially):
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...yPGkc#fight=11

What am I doing wrong?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saffi View Post
    Hiya,

Currently I'm simming around 370-380k but in raids I'm doing 360 ish (see log below). In addition to that, I'm ranking pretty damn low in both my ilvl bracket and for paladins in general.

Here is my latest mythic EN log (see ursoc specially):
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...yPGkc#fight=11

What am I doing wrong?
    Not logging with advanced combat logging (in WoW, System -> Network).
    Means GBoM isnt assigned to you in logs.
    Also means we cant go into detail on what you're doing, as the logs don't tell us anything.

Also, people tend to cleave onto the add on mythic ursoc (with DS, and WoA). You focussed on ST only.
    Another also: You do pot, but no flask?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyphenz View Post
    Also means we cant go into detail on what you're doing, as the logs don't tell us anything.

Also, people tend to cleave onto the add on mythic ursoc (with DS, and WoA). You focussed on ST only.
    Hm. I thought with only 2 targets templars verdict would be > DS. I definitely thought that I wasn't hitting it with WoA though, so you have a good point there.

I had flasks up I think. I'll try and another log in LFR or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyphenz View Post

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Here is one with advanced combat logging