Elemental Guide???

Hello, anybody know where can i find a good guide about elemental???

I have looked on icy veins and its good but there is a lot of things that i am confused.

For example how many critic stat should i have stack or things like that.

Anybody know where can i find update information about that....

plz

discord

https://discord.me/earthshrine

check pinned messages, so you dont have to scroll months worth of chatter

Or you can just type a question there about anything elemental and get instantly answered
    Last edited by Yizu; 2016-11-29 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzunade View Post
    Hello, anybody know where can i find a good guide about elemental???

I have looked on icy veins and its good but there is a lot of things that i am confused.

Anybody know where can i find update information about that....

plz
    Stormearthandlava.com

Do not use stormearthandlava.com, it is still being developed, and it is intended for use in 7.1.5.

Look forward to using it, and it will be a great resource, but it is not a good guide for elemental at the moment.

For 7.1, use the wowhead guide (http://www.wowhead.com/elemental-shaman-guide) - which is linked right at the top on Earthshrine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzunade View Post

Depends, are you raiding? Mythic+ ing? Casual-ing?

Lots of stuff changing on 7.1.5 as well, but currently on live for a general build you want to try to get around ~30% crit ~30% haste.

Do not follow any guides for ANYTHING other than rotation. Always sim your own stat weights with simulationcraft and use the addon PAWN with your simulationcraft results to tell you EXACTLY which gear is an upgrade or not.

Once you import your character to simulation craft, edit the settings under SCALING.

Ensure the following boxes are checked:
    ENABLE SCALING
    Center scale delta (NO)
    Scale Over (DEFAULT)
    INTELLECT
    CRIT RATING
    HASTE RATING
    MASTERY RATING
    VERSATILITY

Then simulate. This will take around 30 seconds-1 min. When it is done simulating near the top of the page you will see "PAWN STRING: (.............)
    Copy the entire contents of pawn string - the parenthesis included.

Open the pawn addon in-game by typing /pawn.

Go to the SCALE tab at the bottom.

Click on Shaman:Elemental on the side.

Click COPY under CREATE A NEW SCALE and enter a name for it, whatever you name it doesn't matter.

Under the newly copied scale click IMPORT paste the entire pawn string and hit enter.
    This will now save the stat weights that you simmed to pawn under whatever you named it. Mouse over gear in your bag and if it is an upgrade you will see a % value of upgrade it is.
    For example: If you named the pawn scale ABCDEFG, and you moused over a gear that was calculated to be an upgrade, at the bottom you will see ABCDEFG: 3%, meaning that this peice is a 3% upgrade.

MOST IMPORTANT PART:
    Do not equip every single upgrade, EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU EQUIP A NEW PIECE OF GEAR YOUR STAT WEIGHTS CHANGE!
    Equip an upgrade, then logout and log in of wow.
    Import your character again into simulation craft and resim, the setting will save.
    This will give you a new pawn string you can IMPORT into your already created scale.

This is time consuming at first but in the end you will always find your best in slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazey View Post
    SNIP
    That seems way too much effort for most but the hardest of hardcore raiders/min maxxers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazey View Post
    Equip an upgrade, then logout and log in of wow.
    Import your character again into simulation craft and resim, the setting will save.
    Just use the simc addon and generate your gear list so you don't have to relog.

>help me find elemental guide
    >HELP YOURSELF, SIM YOURSELF
    my oh my, what a community
    but yeah, it's roughly 7 weeks until 7.1.5 changes and I'd say if your gear lets you m+ or raid just pick the talents from warcraft logs and maintain it yourself.
    Last edited by Minoan; 2016-11-29 at 11:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Minoan View Post
    >help me find elemental guide
    >HELP YOURSELF, SIM YOURSELF
    my oh my, what a community
    Has to do with it being individual and dynamic with stat changes. But hey, keep on channeling the 4chan trole xd.

The point, in case you missed it, is that there is no one-size-fits-all answer to your question. That is why people are asking you to sim yourself. "Use Simulationcraft" is the only thorough and complete answer to your quesiton.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Has to do with it being individual and dynamic with stat changes. But hey, keep on channeling the 4chan trole xd.
    Has to do NOTHING with sims if person looks for a guide with rotation and talent explanation. So in the end you are the helpless spammer who suggested nothing.
    Before teaching fishing to a guy so he could feed himself, you should give him fish so he would know what he's studying it for. So go away, redditor
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Minoan View Post
    Has to do NOTHING with sims if person looks for a guide with rotation and talent explanation. So in the end you are the helpless spammer who suggested nothing.
    Before teaching fishing to a guy so he could feed himself, you should give him fish so he would know what he's studying it for. So go away, redditor
    Been to reddit less than 10 times in my life.

It's definitely helpful for stat weights, albeit high level. Up until that point guides (as suggested earlier in the thread) will help with rotation and talents just fine.

Deleted
    I would love to post one more Guide:

l2pDOTguide/elemental/

i dont know if he is involved in any of the other pages already posted.

you have remove the DOT and insert . of course

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    That seems way too much effort for most but the hardest of hardcore raiders/min maxxers.
    It literally takes 10 minutes on my toaster laptop. Set it running and go take a dump.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    The initial setup takes a little bit (probably about 10 minutes or so), but once you have it set up it's stupidly easy to run sims and takes only a few minutes each time you want to check it. (I spend maybe 10 minutes a week on it at most and am pretty much constantly hooked up with the best current stat weights)

It is a lot less time than you would spend asking people if you should use trinket "A" or trinket "B" or trying to run it on the test dummy forever to get any kind of reliable understanding of the differences.