Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 48 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Yeah it feels like it was designed for new players to the franchise, good old sqenix being the Activision of the west and shooting for a bigger catchment and not caring if it alienates and drives away existing customers and all that, only then you hit these moments where its clearly the old school players that will have done everything and maxed shit like fishing early on that will coast and the 'newbies' even playing on easy are going to get their shit pushed in.
    Don't get me wrong its a good game so far, might be my rpg of the year if it doesnt get inconsistent and can then compete with cyber sleuth but it feels very much like there were differing opinions about the leveling curve on the design team.
    Couldn't agree more.

I am enjoying the world so ill be doing the side shit a lot. But early'er I was like fuck it lets go do some story, I'm level 10 and the mobs in that area are 15+. Its at the top of the starting area where the main hunt guy is (after the first time u see him).

I was like wtf lol. The leveling curve IMO is way way off lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Just did the first tomb in that scary underground area... I hate spooky shit in games because for some reason I can watch (and LOVE) scary Japanese movies but cant handle it in games for whatever reason. I do hope the game has more of this type of content though because it was a nice break from exploring an open world and doing something more linear which I enjoy more.

Man, if you are not a completionist and at level for the main story quest do not head down to the south west of Duscae, i'm 25 hours in at chapter 3 and lvl.27 across the board and out of the woods came a lvl.35 cloaked couerl that nocked me down to staggered and 0hp in one hit, i warp striked the shit out of there but i imagine if you are around lvl. 9 and speeding through the main plot this shit would wreck you.
    Yeah the game has a lot of that. I'm personally 16 and I just finished the first chapter and I've been loving it. It was somewhat challenging and fun doing level 12-15 hunts when I was level five but the reward was great. The real problem though is if you do end up doing these side quests below your level is that you start getting ones that lead you into areas you cant reach yet which I found weird.

This game is dual audio right? I don't feel like ordering from Japan.
    Yeah it lets you pick when you first boot up the game.

How many people really enjoyed 13's franchise? How many people talk positively about it?
    I personally enjoyed it a lot. 13-2 also but I've never played 13-3. 13 had a really fun combat system with some quirks that 13-2 fixed for the most part. Personally I also enjoyed the music in that game a lot as it was a nice departure from what older FF games did which tended to sound samey.

You are supposed to use xp spells to level in this game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

I am enjoying the world so ill be doing the side shit a lot. But early'er I was like fuck it lets go do some story, I'm level 10 and the mobs in that area are 15+. Its at the top of the starting area where the main hunt guy is (after the first time u see him).

I was like wtf lol. The leveling curve IMO is way way off lol.
    What do you mean the "leveling curve is way off"? Final fantasy games have always had difficult or even impossible enemies inhabiting different places during the game. For example, the dragons outside lindblum in final fantasy 9, midgar zolom in 7, the creature that casts aqualung outside gold saucer and many many more extremely difficult creatures. Part of Final Fantasy charm is the fact that it doesn't shove pushover creatures and bland 0-difficulty in your face. Especially when you are outside during the night, which the game warns you of by the way and is completely avoidable.

More examples: Marlboro creature on FF7 mountains, the green dragon in nibbleheim mountains, pirate ship in the underwater reactor hallway and the list goes on. Unpredictabilty and content you can later come and visit is a hallmark of final fantasies.

At least this time it shows the enemy levels to warn you way in advance.
    Last edited by mmocf0c1a2ac32; 2016-12-01 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    What do you mean the "leveling curve is way off"? Final fantasy games have always had difficult or even impossible enemies inhabiting different places during the game. For example, the dragons outside lindblum in final fantasy 9, midgar zolom in 7, the creature that casts aqualung outside gold saucer and many many more extremely difficult creatures. Part of Final Fantasy charm is the fact that it doesn't shove pushover creatures and bland 0-difficulty in your face. Especially when you are outside during the night, which the game warns you of by the way and is completely avoidable.

More examples: Marlboro creature on FF7 mountains, the green dragon in nibbleheim mountains, pirate ship in the underwater reactor hallway and the list goes on. Unpredictabilty and content you can later come and visit is a hallmark of final fantasies.

At least this time it shows the enemy levels to warn you way in advance.
    By the time you got Marlboros and the Ship to be fair you could easily take them on. Only annoying thing the ship had was the removal ability. Also same with Dragons just stick the party in the back row.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    By the time you got Marlboros and the Ship to be fair you could easily take them on. Only annoying thing the ship had was the removal ability. Also same with Dragons just stick the party in the back row.

And? You can beat these creatures just the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    From chapter 3 and beyond once you're in the car open up the shop menu from within the Regalia and purchase the music player key item. It allows you to play music outside of the car too - though the core game's music is pretty great already so I'll likely be using that feature on subsequent save games.

You might know that already though.
    Oh I didn't know that actually I've only had time to put a few hours into it so far sadly. I did pick-up the advice to buy the extra AP from traveling in the car and then the extra AP from riding chocobos tips though. The car one certainly has been helpful already. Also I haven't been too worried about doing all the things yet because I was told after the supposed point of no return you can still use the Umbra dog who will "port you back in time" which allows you to finish up things from earlier in the game. It's a ton of fun so far though

Quote Originally Posted by SquallLionheart View Post
    FF8 Easily has one of the best sound tracks. Mines getting some good use while chilling in the car. 9 has some good ones too.
    Honestly I think the soundtrack from FF8 is one of the main reasons that game grabbed me so completely. Love Love Love it Been looking for it in game but I haven't found the right vendor yet.

Monsters 5-10 levels above you are totally doable if you know how to watch out for telegraphs. Of course some are harder like ones that have a crap ton of mobs at once which make it more annoying to dodge stuff. The only time I had real trouble during encounters like these is when a pesky imperial ship decided it would greet me with its presence.

I have to say though that some of these side quests... can literally fuck the right off. The frog quests in particular and other quests that use the same structure. If you have poor vision then good luck lol. Other than that most of the side quests have been fun, especially the hunts. You can tell they took the hunt system straight out of FFXII as some require certain weather conditions and similar stuff like that.

http://gematsu.com/2016/12/final-fan...g-title-series

Oh wow.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2016-12-01 at 04:04 PM.

Whoever designed Chapter 13 can go right to fucking hell. Not sure which part of the directing/design teams signed off on that shit fest :|

And regarding the leveling, I don't think there's ever a moment I had where I was overleveled. Everything that you encounter seems to have a great chance at being like +15 levels over you :P

--

My general thoughts after 25 hours or so (no spoilers)

I am actually disappointed in the story after giving it a chance despite the reviews. It goes from boring nothing for awhile, to suddenly gigantic huge random plot points out of no where. Still can't care about any antagonist. Brothers are the only redeeming factor in the story/character area.

Money is stupid hard to get, especially towards the last third of the game. They want 10k gill per weapon or item, and I'm trying to scrap up pennies for some more potions. Max HP depletion mechanic is just awful. I haven't died yet, not saying the game is easy, but there are so many ways to just dance around bosses/enemies while you do chip damage, eventually anything will die.

Magic... ugh. I didn't think I'd ever come across another FF game that had a worse magic system than VIII, and here we are. Can we just get a damn menu spell list again? Please.

Lastly, I am not sold on this modern day FF they went with. The way people talk is really off putting to me, it seems too casual. Going to the 7/11 to buy chips or w/e. Selfies. FF hasn't had a ye ol dragons n magic game in a long time, but even the settings for FF 6 or 7 would be a nice compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    You are supposed to use xp spells to level in this game.
    Can you elaborate a little on this? I've just been doing every sidequest I can and then camping in a "hotel" for the xp boost once it gets dark.

Money is super easy to get. I get 7k per hunt at the moment and I'm only in chapter 3... unless hunts become rare in the later parts of the game.

Can you elaborate a little on this? I've just been doing every sidequest I can and then camping in a "hotel" for the xp boost once it gets dark
    There's certain food too that can grant upwards of 50% more exp gained from sources which adds up a lot on top of the bonus you get from sleeping at places. Granted that food costs a lot but yeah its there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Monsters 5-10 levels above you are totally doable if you know how to watch out for telegraphs. Of course some are harder like ones that have a crap ton of mobs at once which make it more annoying to dodge stuff. The only time I had real trouble during encounters like these is when a pesky imperial ship decided it would greet me with its presence.

I have to say though that some of these side quests... can literally fuck the right off. The frog quests in particular and other quests that use the same structure. If you have poor vision then good luck lol. Other than that most of the side quests have been fun, especially the hunts. You can tell they took the hunt system straight out of FFXII as some require certain weather conditions and similar stuff like that.

http://gematsu.com/2016/12/final-fan...g-title-series

Oh wow.
    Pretty amazing to say it's been out what 2 days?

I kind of forgot about the ascension grid lol. Probably got a nice amount of AP to spend in that

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Can you elaborate a little on this? I've just been doing every sidequest I can and then camping in a "hotel" for the xp boost once it gets dark.
    Theres a cheese mechanic where you eat xp boost food, make a full inventory of xp quintcast spells using coins and find a place like the duscae meteor craters that can bug out and infintely spawn magitek soldiers -something that gave me my first hard crash on the way to the 2nd frog hunt- and you spam spells till you are out, go rest, eat, make more and repeat and get hundreds of thousands of xp by pressing O once per fight.
    Personally i dont see the point since i'm lvl.30 and getting lvl 11-16 quests still, i know theres a post game lvl.99 content series of quests but aside from that it feels like folks are ashamed to pick the easy dfficulty but want to steamroll anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Money is super easy to get. I get 7k per hunt at the moment and I'm only in chapter 3... unless hunts become rare in the later parts of the game.

There's certain food too that can grant upwards of 50% more exp gained from sources which adds up a lot on top of the bonus you get from sleeping at places. Granted that food costs a lot but yeah its there.

There's a large segment of the game where you aren't doing hunts, and 7k doesn't get very far when you're buying elixirs/etc and weapons are at least 5k a piece :P

Well yeah that 7k is what I get from a hunt from a chapter 3 hunt not 13 rofl. That sucks though if there's a part of the game were it isn't really a thing as I really enjoy them.

Pretty amazing to say it's been out what 2 days?
    Yeah two days. Hopefully a PC version comes soon enough as I'd easily double dip this game to play it at 60FPS and with better graphics.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2016-12-01 at 04:31 PM.

Shameless bump of my old question that got lost in the "was FF13 a bad game or no" debate cause I'd really like to know. Now lvl 12, still not sure how to properly use magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Question for those who play: do you use magic? I feel like im always ending up hurting my party since they are always in the way. If you do, how you manage? Are the spell later in the game more target specific than AoE like the fire/blizzard you can make at the start? I'm just lvl 8 still doing stuff in the initial zone, just wondering how you play with that aspect of the game

Theres a cheese mechanic where you eat xp boost food, make a full inventory of xp quintcast spells using coins and find a place like the duscae meteor craters that can bug out and infintely spawn magitek soldiers -something that gave me my first hard crash on the way to the 2nd frog hunt- and you spam spells till you are out, go rest, eat, make more and repeat and get hundreds of thousands of xp by pressing O once per fight.
    Personally i dont see the point since i'm lvl.30 and getting lvl 11-16 quests still, i know theres a post game lvl.99 content series of quests but aside from that it feels like folks are ashamed to pick the easy dfficulty but want to steamroll anyway
    Ya I ran into a spot where magitek soliders just kept spawning.

Killed a few waves and also learned if I cast lighting bolt at them when they land, It will also hit us and fucken hurt LOL.

Personally I am trying to beat it without doing any cheeses. Shit spawning in a lot I don't consider as a cheese but if its Infinite then it is.

Like I said early'er I do feel the level curve is off, not going to cheese to try to fix it tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Shameless bump of my old question that got lost in the "was FF13 a bad game or no" debate cause I'd really like to know. Now lvl 12, still not sure how to properly use magic.
    Only thing I can say since I am a bit new at it is this........

Try not to friendly fire. It takes some getting use to.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Oh I didn't know that actually I've only had time to put a few hours into it so far sadly. I did pick-up the advice to buy the extra AP from traveling in the car and then the extra AP from riding chocobos tips though. The car one certainly has been helpful already. Also I haven't been too worried about doing all the things yet because I was told after the supposed point of no return you can still use the Umbra dog who will "port you back in time" which allows you to finish up things from earlier in the game. It's a ton of fun so far though

Honestly I think the soundtrack from FF8 is one of the main reasons that game grabbed me so completely. Love Love Love it Been looking for it in game but I haven't found the right vendor yet.
    You know the places you buy potions that look like shops that sell petrol station food and power tools. They have the albums for sale. I got 8 near hammerhead. May have even been hammerhead or that was FF7. Either way it's a store near or around hammerhead in the opening areas. Now some other questions I've seen.

Also someone complained about no option to wait for night time. There is if you pick up a hunt that is only active at night time. When you pick up the quest it gives you the option to wait till night time.

Also yes there's high level shit early. You just run away. The only annoying part of this was clearing the dungeon near hammerhead killing level 7 goblins. Then at the end there's a fuck you level 53 vampire thing that one shot my whole party lol. So yeah avoid that dungeon.

Selling treasure should give you enough Gil. Don't spam elixirs in combat and should be fine
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2016-12-01 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Is there a PC version? Cause if not, who cares?
    Just to quote this again. 5 million people in 2 days do it seems

10+ Year Old Account
    What is the combat like in this game, the last FF game I played was FF7 on PS when I was in college.