Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 49 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    What is the combat like in this game, the last FF game I played was FF7 on PS when I was in college.
    Kingdom hearts combat would be the closest comparison I can think of. Its real time with dodging and attacking, nothing like the turned based style of FF7

Quote Originally Posted by SquallLionheart View Post
    You know the places you buy potions that look like shops that sell petrol station food and power tools. They have the albums for sale. I got 8 near hammerhead. May have even been hammerhead or that was FF7. Either way it's a store near or around hammerhead in the opening areas. Now some other questions I've seen.
    Hmm, I'll have to double check then. I know I picked up the FFVII soundtrack from one of them but I don't recall seeing FFVIII, but I could have just missed it.

Welp, roommate got the game, which was a bit of a surprise. So now I'll be able to play it!...when he's not around playing it. Which I'm totally fine with.

I'm excite.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Welp, roommate got the game, which was a bit of a surprise. So now I'll be able to play it!...when he's not around playing it. Which I'm totally fine with.

I'm excite.
    So far I am enjoying it.

But there is one thing I can not stress enough, Watch the Anime and the Movie. Seems there was a anime as well that revealed the back story to the main characters and how they met.

The movie takes place before and during the first part of the game. If u want the full story watch both.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So far I am enjoying it.

But there is one thing I can not stress enough, Watch the Anime and the Movie. Seems there was a anime as well that revealed the back story to the main characters and how they met.

The movie takes place before and during the first part of the game. If u want the full story watch both.
    Maybe eventually, but if that's "required" to understand the games story then fuck that shit. I'm fine not paying too much attention to it like I did with XIII/XIII-2 anyways.

All I care about is pretty graphics, fun combat (looked fun, but we'll see!), grinding ALL THE MOBS AND SIDE QUESTS, and broing the fuck out of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Just to quote this again. 5 million people in 2 days do it seems
    Well then, the PCMasterRace is going to need a PS4 emulator for this game.

Just to quote this again. 5 million people in 2 days do it seems
    5 million units shipped to retailers, that's not sell through.

5 million units shipped to retailers, that's not sell through.
    http://gematsu.com/2016/12/final-fan...g-title-series

Says sold so yeah. That is pretty impressive for 2 days.

http://gematsu.com/2016/12/final-fan...g-title-series

Says sold so yeah. That is pretty impressive for 2 days.
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fin.../1100-6445876/

They're shipped, not sold. Media are just fucking terrible at differentiating between sold to retailers (shipped) and sell through (sold).

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fin.../1100-6445876/

They're shipped, not sold. Media are just fucking terrible at differentiating between sold to retailers (shipped) and sell through (sold).
    Eh I think it'll sell well. Reviews so far are good and there is no reason not to. PC version if it happens will boost that as well. Steam version of FF13 sold 600k which to say it came way after isn't so bad.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-01 at 06:15 PM.

Maybe eventually, but if that's "required" to understand the games story then fuck that shit. I'm fine not paying too much attention to it like I did with XIII/XIII-2 anyways.

All I care about is pretty graphics, fun combat (looked fun, but we'll see!), grinding ALL THE MOBS AND SIDE QUESTS, and broing the fuck out of the game.
    I didn't watch the movie (though I plan to) and I don't really have any issue understanding whats going on. There's probably some intricate details I'm missing but to just understand whats happening you should be fine without watching it.

Shameless bump of my old question that got lost in the "was FF13 a bad game or no" debate cause I'd really like to know. Now lvl 12, still not sure how to properly use magic.
    Basically you just have to be careful. Magic is incredibly useful though... for example those imperial drop ships? A high potency Thunder can wipe out that entire thing in a single shot if you aim it properly. You can also mix and match. For example you can mix different elements to get different spells or you can mix fire and an item such as an antidote to add a poison effect to the spell. I'd imagine there's something more single target there if you experiment around.

On another topic though I cannot wait to see more details about this Co-Op mode they've announced that will come as a DLC. I hope its a full fledged Co-Op mode were you can play the entire game with your friend controlling one of the other characters... and not like something along the lines of say what the Far Cry series does because lets be honest Co-Op rpgs are a rare thing outside of MMOs.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2016-12-01 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    On another topic though I cannot wait to see more details about this Co-Op mode they've announced that will come as a DLC. I hope its a full fledged Co-Op mode were you can play the entire game with your friend controlling one of the other characters... and not like something along the lines of say what the Far Cry series does because lets be honest Co-Op rpgs are a rare thing outside of MMOs.
    Yea, ummm. You got your hopes up way too high.

It's just going to be a poor man's monster hunter like the coop in XCX, that is where they got the idea from in the first place. Expect there to be somewhere between 5-20 monster fights you do as a coop unit. Nothing more, nothing less.

Found a gas station out in the mountains with FIVE FFXI soundtrack playlists for the Regalia, goddamn five of em!

Does anyone know where to get the Type-0 soundtrack in-game? As far as I can tell it's the only one I'm missing.

Is there anywhere to get them other than gas stations?

and man i wish we could use these outside the car like MGS4 let you with the ipod system. Listening to the FFXI combat music and not being able to fight to it is a shame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Does anyone know where to get the Type-0 soundtrack in-game? As far as I can tell it's the only one I'm missing.
    It's in Altissia for 1000 gil.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Is there anywhere to get them other than gas stations?

and man i wish we could use these outside the car like MGS4 let you with the ipod system. Listening to the FFXI combat music and not being able to fight to it is a shame.
    There is an mp3 player you can buy to be able to listen to the music when not in the car. It costs 100 gil and is available from the shop menu inside the car. Have Ignis drive and open the nav menu to get to the shop.

Sadly the music fades out when you get in battle though.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    There is an mp3 player you can buy to be able to listen to the music when not in the car. It costs 100 gil and is available from the shop menu inside the car. Have Ignis drive and open the nav menu to get to the shop.

Sadly the music fades out when you get in battle though.
    As long as i can wander about listening to windurst or gridania music GOOD ENOUGH.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like a complete idiot but where is the Armiger bar? i just got the 4th royal weapon and the AP grid for Armiger but i dont not see a bar in battle. What am i missing? do i need a royal weapon equipped?

Anyone else find the lack of armor in the early area annoying. I am only on chap 2 and still running around doing stuff.

Just annoy's me there is no decent gear vendor unless I missed it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I found chapter 3 is when you really start to find lots of min maxing choices instead of straight upgrades. Elemental weapons and armour and stuff like that.

-also i found the armitiger limit break, its a circle filling up around the weapon icons on the bottom left, just have a Kings weapon out and press the shoulder buttons to go full devil trigger.

And still chapter 3 but i've done 50 sidequests and the last trophy is for 80, is that the total in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I found chapter 3 is when you really start to find lots of min maxing choices instead of straight upgrades. Elemental weapons and armour and stuff like that.

-also i found the armitiger limit break, its a circle filling up around the weapon icons on the bottom left, just have a Kings weapon out and press the shoulder buttons to go full devil trigger.

And still chapter 3 but i've done 50 sidequests and the last trophy is for 80, is that the total in the game?
    I would love some straight up upgrades to be honest. I do need to play more but the lack of early gear does annoy me.