Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    My fucking lord, by 'ease regulations' this guy better not be talking about undoing the ban on CFC's.
    Very doubtful, maybe less HFC restrictions (since they are only greenhouse gases, not ozone-killers) - but I don't think so.

And the workers that weren't kicked are making gas furnaces; so heating - not cooling.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    So yeah, Carrier is getting a ton of tax dollars from the coffers of Indianapolis. Basically, the taxpayers are now paying more to keep the company in the country than the combined wages of the workers are getting. The government could have directly employed/contracted people to improve infrastructure in Indiana and seen more money in the hands of the people, but now Carrier gets to boost its yearly earnings for the shareholders with tax dollar money.

This isn't sticking it to big corporations, this is stuffing their pockets with money for political victory points.
    I mean fuckin ironic huh? The taxpayers again are giving welfare to corporations. Yet lets bitch about the people who need assistance just to make a living. Especially when almost 1/2 are employed.

Hey! Fuck people trying to live and more welfare to businesses.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

So yeah, Carrier is getting a ton of tax dollars from the coffers of Indianapolis. Basically, the taxpayers are now paying more to keep the company in the country than the combined wages of the workers are getting. The government could have directly employed/contracted people to improve infrastructure in Indiana and seen more money in the hands of the people, but now Carrier gets to boost its yearly earnings for the shareholders with tax dollar money.

This isn't sticking it to big corporations, this is stuffing their pockets with money for political victory points.
    I thought the figure was $700k per year in state tax breaks? Well, if you save 1,000 jobs, the cost of that would be $700 per job. I'm reasonably certain the state taxes paid by those workers exceeds $700 per year. In fact, it may so exceed that figure, that the mere difference in pay (over a lesser paying job post-mexico), covers the cost of this alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

@zenkai are you finally ready to admit you are a Trump supporter or is this still trying to keep Hillary from being president? The media wasn't lying about Hillary's poll results, people like you were just too embarrassed to admit you were a Trump supporter. I know others still cling to 'Hillary would do it too'. But, are you finally ready to admit it?
    Well being I didn't vote for Trump I really am a terrible supporter. LOL The media wasn't lying about polls, the polls where way off because they way they poling is archaic, I have said this several times. If you're going to call me out at least know what you are talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

This is one of those loaded questions that conveniently ignores the cost of keeping those jobs here.

"What's worse, keeping your arm or not keeping your arm?"
    "Btw I forgot to mention that keeping your arm means losing your liver LULZ"

Shitty strawman based on no logic. got it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    I mean fuckin ironic huh? The taxpayers again are giving welfare to corporations. Yet lets bitch about the people who need assistance just to make a living. Especially when almost 1/2 are employed.

Hey! Fuck people trying to live and more welfare to businesses.
    Want to stop it? Repeal NAFTA, if it wasn't for it they wouldn't have had to make a deal to begin with. Thank a Clinton for that.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Want to stop it? Repeal NAFTA, if it wasn't for it they wouldn't have had to make a deal to begin with. Thank a Clinton for that.
    Typical deflection by you. Once again while you want to throw shit on the Clintons (Bad taste in my mouth defending the Clintons). This is not the argument of NAFTA, which of course we all know from you no bias, both parties agreed with.

I could go down so many roads here. First is that I really want to see Trump to get rid of NAFTA. If he can make changes to keep jobs, then that would be great. Second and more to Trump is that he and Pence is giving tax breaks to a company and giving them corporate welfare in which it may cost more money to taxpayers than the jobs.

But hey! Great marketing. The people at Carrier will cheer Trump since they will keep their jobs and voters will say "he kept jobs here". Will the people as a whole in Indiana get fucked from losing revenue.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2016-12-01 at 07:11 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

15+ Year Old Account
    Shitty strawman based on no logic. got it.
    No logic you recognize at least. If you think Trump convinced Carrier to stay with 65 million in potential earnings with only words and 700k in tax breaks, I have a bridge to sell you.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

It's still like watching dogs get excited over a tiny scrap of meat on a small bone.

Never realizing the dog fighting ring in the next building.

No logic you recognize at least. If you think Trump convinced Carrier to stay with 65 million in potential earnings with only words and 700k in tax breaks, I have a bridge to sell you.
    I can imagine some words that could have done it better than the tax cut: "The media reports on everything I say, and I'm going to use the bully pulpit DAILY to talk about how shitty your company is, and you will sell no units as a result."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well being I didn't vote for Trump I really am a terrible supporter. LOL The media wasn't lying about polls, the polls where way off because they way they poling is archaic, I have said this several times. If you're going to call me out at least know what you are talking about.
    No, I know what I am talking about and will continue to call you out on it. Notice how you didn't counter a single thing I said, but focused on the one thing it is impossible for me to verify. No, I am sorry, the fact that you still cannot admit, even something as simple as as saying 'I support Trump in this regard' to instead fall back on election, goes a long way in proving my point.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I can imagine some words that could have done it better than the tax cut: "The media reports on everything I say, and I'm going to use the bully pulpit DAILY to talk about how shitty your company is, and you will sell no units as a result."
    He used them as a punching bag throughout the campaign not to mention the twitter bashing I doubt they are scared of that at this point. The people who listen to Trump already know about this and those that don't won't care if he says it as president, they will probably buy them just to spite him.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's a possibility.

But let's not kid ourselves that he actually strong-armed them. Trump is soft and doughy and will roll over, beg and bark for any kind of positive points with the public.

One thing that I did/do when considering the actions of my local representatives and the president, yes Obama included, is to not just look at the results but the cost as well. Apparently @zenkai doesn't care about the whole package as long as one can gloat about one of the outcomes of a deal. But a lot of us like to look at the whole picture and the whole cost/benefit of everything. But I can't hold everyone else to the same standards of being impressed. After all, some people are easily impressed if they hear "1000 JOBS SAVED, PLEASE GLOAT AND PRAISE TRUMP"

I'll reserve final judgment for when we look at what kind of government contracts Carrier gets, but Trump's nature and poor business acumen should be a good indication of what to expect.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    No, repealing NAFTA would negate trade deals with our two largest exporters. It would cost Americans jobs, without any infrastructure to shift the workers into another field. Because our focus as a country is to conserve our horse buggy infrastructure, while bitching about cars made all over the world.

Also, NFTA had a signing ceremony with Canada and Mexico, where Bush signed NAFTA along with those countries presidents. Not only would reneging on the ceremony would hinder country relations, it would be fairly moot, as Congress had the power and would have used it to overturn a president's veto. So, not only would it be slap in the face to countries that already had a signing ceremony, but all it would do is serve for Clinton's grandstanding.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

That's a possibility.

But let's not kid ourselves that he actually strong-armed them. Trump is soft and doughy and will roll over, beg and bark for any kind of positive points with the public.

One thing that I did/do when considering the actions of my local representatives and the president, yes Obama included, is to not just look at the results but the cost as well. Apparently @zenkai doesn't care about the whole package as long as one can gloat about one of the outcomes of a deal. But a lot of us like to look at the whole picture and the whole cost/benefit of everything. But I can't hold everyone else to the same standards of being impressed. After all, some people are easily impressed if they hear "1000 JOBS SAVED, PLEASE GLOAT AND PRAISE TRUMP"

I'll reserve final judgment for when we look at what kind of government contracts Carrier gets, but Trump's nature and poor business acumen should be a good indication of what to expect.
    What am I exactly gloating about? I don't know the details of the deal I can't say if it's good or bad, but to say it's a bad deal to keep jobs in America because you're anti-Trump is just retarded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, I know what I am talking about and will continue to call you out on it. Notice how you didn't counter a single thing I said, but focused on the one thing it is impossible for me to verify. No, I am sorry, the fact that you still cannot admit, even something as simple as as saying 'I support Trump in this regard' to instead fall back on election, goes a long way in proving my point.
    Most of the things you say are ramblings, you don't even discuss you just rant and you're not worthy my time.

- - - Updated - - -

And keeping jobs means people are not on welfare and paying taxes when they make money and buy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    He used them as a punching bag throughout the campaign not to mention the twitter bashing I doubt they are scared of that at this point. The people who listen to Trump already know about this and those that don't won't care if he says it as president, they will probably buy them just to spite him.
    I mean, anyone who buys a Carrier instead of a Lennox just doesn't get it anyway. Just sayin...

Are you arguing that Carrier has not been harmed by Trump's campaign? I can pretty much assure you no working class person would buy a Carrier right about now. Well, right about yesterday anyway. This deal lets the harm done to them by Trump be negated.

10+ Year Old Account
    But hey! Great marketing. The people at Carrier will cheer Trump since they will keep their jobs and voters will say "he kept jobs here". Will the people as a whole in Indiana get fucked from losing revenue.
    Trump has numerous times implied he wants to default on the national debt. Might as well boost the national debt as high as possible, before he destroys the economy. What do you think the standard currency for the world will be, the yuan or Euro?

Typical deflection by you. Once again while you want to throw shit on the Clintons (Bad taste in my mouth defending the Clintons). This is not the argument of NAFTA, which of course we all know from you no bias, both parties agreed with.

I could go down so many roads here. First is that I really want to see Trump to get rid of NAFTA. If he can make changes to keep jobs, then that would be great. Second and more to Trump is that he and Pence is giving tax breaks to a company and giving them corporate welfare in which it may cost more money to taxpayers than the jobs.

It's simple. NAFTA enticed factories to save money and move to Mexico, what incentive do companies have to stay in America if they will save millions? You either repeal NAFTA or you give them Tax breaks. And who signed NAFTA into law? Bill Clinton, he could have stopped it but instead he let the Republican Congress have their way.

What am I exactly gloating about? I don't know the details of the deal I can't say if it's good or bad, but to say it's a bad deal to keep jobs in America because you're anti-Trump is just retarded.

And keeping jobs means people are not on welfare and paying taxes when they make money and buy shit.
    More irony here in these two quotes. You don't know the details but you confidently report that keeping these people off welfare, while the corporate welfare may cost more to the taxpayers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the things you say are ramblings, you don't even discuss you just rant and you're not worthy my time.
    Point out the rambling, I am more than happy to explain... by the way, replying to me to tell me I'm not worth your time, also proves you are a hypocrite. Here is an example of how I reply to those not worth my time:

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Keep 1,000 jobs? Carrier never intended to leave, they just held 1,000 jobs hostage to get subsidies. They didn't decide to stay for 700k when leaving = 65 million. They never intended to leave, they just wanted 700k in subsidies and were willing to threaten 1,000 American jobs to get it.

That's what batman was alluding too but you are incapable of connecting the dots so I spelled it out for you.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

I mean, anyone who buys a Carrier instead of a Lennox just doesn't get it anyway. Just sayin...

Are you arguing that Carrier has not been harmed by Trump's campaign? I can pretty much assure you no working class person would buy a Carrier right about now. Well, right about yesterday anyway. This deal lets the harm done to them by Trump be negated.
    Trump's track record when it comes to boycotting has been pretty abysmal, they don't solely rely on the US for sales so far he has not had any significant effect on them. Their stock price actually went up when he started attacking them, they are saving a tremendous amount of money by cutting jobs and moving to Mexico which also boost their bottom line in the short and long term.