Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    Yes, and once primary stats have any impact on how the class actually PLAYS (skill triggers, rotations, GCD, etc), then that will matter. Until then, people will keep needing to prioritize secondary stats in order to make their class actually function.

Blizzard should stop referring to them as Primary/Secondary/Tertiary and call them what they really are:

- (Primary) Boring Raw Attributes that increase health, mana, atk/spell power, etc.
    - (Secondary) Stats that actually define how your spec plays and how skills interact with one another.
    - (Tertiary) Interesting stats that you will never accumulate in high enough numbers to actually make a difference.

I'm beginning to think Blizzard doesn't make the game simpler for the players, I think it's more because it makes it simpler forthem. Next expansion, stats will be totally removed and your character sheet will just reflect iLvl and everything will just work as a function of that.

Fireball - You cast a ball of flame at the target, dealing (450*iLvl) fire damage.

Killing Machine - Your auto-attacks have (iLvl/30) % chance of making your next Obliterate automagically critically strike.
    Yeah thats the thing, alot of classes actually need very specific secondary stats in order to function correctly like Frost/UH DKs, without high haste the rune regen is shit, and without high crit most of the abilities do not proc often

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elash View Post
    You mean they're using Atlantic Ocean to TEST atomic bomb?! How dare they! You are stupid as fuck! When they test something they test it to implement it
    Wat? NO. A lot of builds get changed. They test it to know if it works. Wth are on you on about.

Wait... are you being sarcastic? If so... Kudos!
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    That's what they wanted though, isn't it? Haven't they been saying for a long time that they want the difference in power for secondary stats between a fresh max level and a raider to be much smaller than it has been in the past? I think they even mentioned they wanted to do this because some specs don't function well if they don't have enough crit or haste or something like that.
    yes, but then we get the realization that new gear from new raids will give tiny increases to player power and people will be angry at that. they are trying to make it so new gear is actual noticible upgrades instead of just tiny incremental ones.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    but... this literally doesnt change anything in regards to jewelry, if crit outscales other stats 2:1, it will still outscale them even if all secondaries give 15% less...

the only reason this makes sense if they anticipate some heavy inflation of ilevels in higher tiers due to people gearing really quickly to high levels, so for raids to stay relevant, they will boost the rewards, but dont want the overall scalling get out of hand too quickly. And lets be honest, some specs, like firemages with 70% crit, were getting out of hand way too soon, we are only halfway through first tier and fire was already chaincasting pyros (yes, yes, its (slightly) exxagerated), the spec wouldnt progress gameplay-wise anywhere for the next year and half and it would make stuff like fireball and scorch worthless spells
    The best way to fix the problem would be to add primary stats to neck/rings. That would compensate the loss of dps resulting from lowering the secondary stats.

Mind you, that may make those slots imbalanced.

Deleted
    And meanwhile Ilv is buffed so when i get Ilv 880 ring that will mean that will be beter than my Ilv 855
    Considering how easy is these days to get near 860 i dont think that sec starts are nerfed (or impact will be so low that you barely notice it)
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-12-01 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Nad meanwhile Ilv is buffed so when i get Ilv 880 ring that will mean that will be beter than my Ilv 855
    Yeah, I just realized that Jewelry gives far more for its stats now depending on its iLevel.

This can definitely offset the decrease on all other pieces of gear. More-so, it solves the existing problems with Jewelry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

How are guilds gonna kill or even rekill helya m with these changes?

Melee DPSers will wake up with something liek 10% less crit, since the passive 10% crit also got nerfed to 5%. Raidwide DPS will go down by like 1 mil with this change, I hope they nerf ToV mythic after balacing it only for the top 1% guilds and then gutting every class afterwards. Also hope they consider classes are now shit when balacing Nighthold.

They increased the value of secondary stats and how much does an avarage piece of gear give at the low ilev cause many specs rely on some % of the stat. Since we are more geared now and the avarage ilev of the player increases, this is no longer a problem so they nerf that so that we wont end with 50% haste / 70% crit in 7.2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    It's actually sad because this xp is good, but all the rng and grind is a constant frustration.
    But this xp is all rng and grind so how can it be good?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Yeah, I just realized that Jewelry gives far more for its stats now depending on its iLevel.

This can definitely offset the decrease on all other pieces of gear. More-so, it solves the existing problems with Jewelry.
    ^This bolded text is real. Currently non jewelry gear has the same amount of secondary stats on ptr(according to wowdb.com) meaning that gear is nerfed.

Can be solved in general by buffing primary stats but still a real issue for Demo, Fire and other secondary stat dependant classes.
    Will be curious how they figure this part out.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Gonna be fun to get break points for Moonkins using The Emerald Dreamcatcher legendary. Fun times.
    However I do agree that secondaries are scaling a bit out of control already and we havent even finished the first tier

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    How are guilds gonna kill or even rekill helya m with these changes?
    Jewelry give a TON more stats than before.. easy fix for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Jewelry give a TON more stats than before.. easy fix for that.
    so this will make secondary stats on Jewelry even more important, so having the correct stats on them is even more important.

while on the other side secondary stats are less important on gear with primary.

mah, what a mess

Cool. Nice change. My demo lock was starting to feel good with all that haste. Lol. Typical blizz fun fix. I ain't even mad. 12 years does that to you.

actually I am..but just a little.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    As a Boomkin with Emerald Dreamcatcher, already having a hard time to reach haste breakpoints without sacrificing much of the other stats\int\ilvl, this worries the shit out of me.

Not really excited of going back to shitty haste levels after struggling to reach a decent 34% haste value.
    Decent based on what though? If the other stats are brought up then they will have more benefit than previously. You can min max but the goal is to make everything equal rather than pushing for 34% here, then 10% here, shooting for 0% in another stat, etc.

Most people just want to equip something that is higher ilevel and have it be an upgrade. Or with a socket, etc.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    ^This bolded text is real. Currently non jewelry gear has the same amount of secondary stats on ptr(according to wowdb.com) meaning that gear is nerfed.

Can be solved in general by buffing primary stats but still a real issue for Demo, Fire and other secondary stat dependant classes.
    Will be curious how they figure this part out.
    I sincerely hope it fixes the existing scaling issues with certain classes COUGHCOUGHDEATHKNIGHTSCOUGHCOUGH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Most people just want to equip something that is higher ilevel and have it be an upgrade. Or with a socket, etc.
    The fact that you and couple of your friends want to equip something that is a higher ilvl and is an upgrade does not make you and your friends most people, you know.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    Nerfing all the stats at once across all specs doesn't change the fact that, for example if you are a warrior then mastery is like twice as good as the other secondaries.

A 20% nerfed haste, crit, versi and mastery still obey the same arbitary stat priority in regards to each-other and some specs will still refuse 10ilvl upgrades on main pieces and 30+ on jewelery because the stats need to be brought in line with eachother so that they're all within 5-10% of each rather then just being nerfed so they are all borderline useless since we get so little of any of them.

lol
    This is only step 1. They haven't done any number tuning to our abilities yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    The fact that you and couple of your friends want to equip something that is a higher ilvl and is an upgrade does not make you and your friends most people, you know.
    If you enjoy using an item 40 ilevels lower from a world quest instead of a mythic piece then be my guest. That's terrible design. Your own post 6 pages back said we want to increase our power through progression. Stepping into an instance and disenchanting the new gear because secondary stats aren't equal and primary stats are worse isn't fun.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    If you enjoy using an item 40 ilevels lower from a world quest instead of a mythic piece then be my guest. That's terrible design. Your own post 6 pages back said we want to increase our power through progression. Stepping into an instance and disenchanting the new gear because secondary stats aren't equal and primary stats are worse isn't fun.
    That's not what I was talking about. I was talking about the excessive use of "most" word, while in reality true _most_ players of world of warcraft don't even reach cap - according to devs.

As for me personally, yes, I dislike having 890 ilvl gear in bags while using 875 because I am a shadow priest and I need crit and haste. But I do realise that nerfing stat income doesn't change anything other than me having to get even more crit and even more haste at the very moment 7.1.5 goes live, which sucks. I don't understand why is it so hard to just give people their reforge back, instead of nerfs nerfs nerfs just because "fuck you that's why".
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though