Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Forums were filled with rivers of tears same as any current expansion.

I still complain that flying mounts were implemented

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes the complaints in TBC were just as loud as they were today. Just alot of people have selective memory thinking the current expansion is always the worse & Blizzard never listens, but sometimes they have a good reason to not listen. But also sometimes you wonder why don't they do simple changes that do make sense.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Oh yes, and I remember running the first leg of undead waves of the Hyjal raid over and over and over again to get that rep on my JC. Made quite a lot of money for my guild at the time, as well - until IQD cratered that particular bubble in the market.
    *Giggles* Same here, when it comes to farming and learning the designs. I was, unfortunately, forced to relinquish all of my services and materials solely to my guild. Even people that I felt didn't deserve them, at all. I didn't get to see any profit from my dedication to my guild, the same guild that later took me off the raiding roster for incredibly stupid reasons. I easily missed out on 50-60k, which is a TON of gold then, worth of cut gems to that damned guild... It's frustrating to remember upon... >.<
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryttge View Post
    Every expansion has been perceived badly and then looked at with rose tinted gogles early/mid next expansion.
    Yea, I can not agree more, WoD was perfect, dont know why I did not like it back then.

Yes and the only example I need to show you is why attunements are pretty much out of the game. It was a pain in the ass to replace any raid spot especially tank due to attunement.

people also forget that if you were in a raiding guild but not in on the officer stuff you wouldnt get into the "melee group" or "caster group" with the shadow priest, enh, ele, boomkin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    IIRC, People were upset about how sloppy the storytelling was in BC. Lore was a total mess from Classic, and it just got worse in BC, the games storytelling only became good in WotLK.
    If by "a mess" you mean actually having to read quest text then maybe. BC was a clusterfuck in terms of the main story but both vanilla and BC did a MASTERFUL job of setting up the world and making each region/questing area feel meaningful and interwoven into one big massive quilt that was warcraft. Something we've definitely lost from Cata onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I haven't been on this forum much during TBC so I must've missed out any complaint that this expansion had. And so far every other expansion has had plenty of them. Thinking back I don't think it received a lot of criticism from my POV, the only thing being all the lore changes like the draenei retcon and how poorly they've written WC3 characters. But TBC improved over a lot of things like the gameplay and more fluid questing, and I don't remember people craving to go back to vanilla WoW so badly.

So what more did I more did i miss during this period?
    Yes, Some content was challenging. The amount of time it took to farm mats was long. Crafting gear took a while to do.

Probably the biggest complaints was how overpowered some classes were in pvp. Rogues in PVE gear could dominate pvp when cheat death was over powered.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I hate to break it to you. But the data we have from private servers in TBC are much more accurate then the data we have from the actual TBC.
    Not only you don't have clues about TBC, but you don't have clues about private servers either.
    Private servers attempt to emulate the working of TBC, and often fail (I remember one which had people in blue doing 2000 dps). Using their parse as proof is idiotic. If you want to have an actual argument, dig up hard numbers crunched by EJ at the time.
    Also "I don't need to "look up recent logs", because I remember the actual logs" LOL.

Please tell me how you fit a feral druid into the melee group.
    It entirely depends on your raid composition. That's when reality (people who actually played TBC and have a functionning memory) clashes with forum wanking (people who either didn't play TBC or were in the parrot population, who just repeated and applied mindlessly directives derived from perfect theorycrafting into their arguments about actual raids).
    A feral was actually a pretty good (if not optimal) part of a melee group, because of its +crit buff, and was nice to have as a rogue because of the bleeding debuff (obviously we preferred a fury warrior or a enh shaman, but as we were living in the real world and not theorycraftland, we wouldn't always had the ideal setup).
    Fun thing in fact, we actually had a regular bear tank, a semi-regular cat DPS and two rather regular retadin in my raid, and I was raid leader in TBC. So playing around with trying to find the optimal setup with people who were present for the raid was one of my responsabilities at the time, hence your supposedly trap-question was something I was doing routinely
    You can find some of your legacy logs in here:

https://legacy-logs.com/TBC/Raids/

That being said you most likely wont find what you are looking for, because most guilds in there dont use these "viable" specs that you talk about
    Bleeding edge guilds don't use "viable", they use "optimal". They also have alt farms, they stack classes, they use every consummable under the sun and they have crunch raid times. Today, some of them even reroll whole characters just to get the best legendary.
    All these things are completely above what the overwhelming majority of people do, even most mythic guilds. That's the entire difference between "viable" (i.e. which can be used to clear content) and "optimal" (i.e. which is the absolute best) and that's something I already pointed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rasako View Post
    If by "a mess" you mean actually having to read quest text then maybe. BC was a clusterfuck in terms of the main story but both vanilla and BC did a MASTERFUL job of setting up the world and making each region/questing area feel meaningful and interwoven into one big massive quilt that was warcraft. Something we've definitely lost from Cata onwards.
    Couldn't agree more.
    Despite all the retarded "nostalgia" claim, I still MASSIVELY prefers Vanilla/TBC questing to Cata onward (save for MoP, which I loved). I found Legion and WoD especially to be absolutely terrible as leveling experience - too much dumb Hollywood cinematic, not an ounce of actual immersion.

(I still agree that TBC story was far too Sci-Fi and that fighting Illidan was just stupid, though ; but I still love leveling there)
    Last edited by Akka; 2016-12-01 at 07:16 PM.

most complaints was about unbalance in 2v2 arena.
    Some were about attunements.
    Some were about the 13month long black temple teir.

hmm cant rly recall what else ppl whined about tbh.

ah ye. Ppl wined bout pvpers getting gear to easily compared to pvpers during the old honorsystem
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2016-12-01 at 07:35 PM.

You don't really believe the collective retroactive beatification on this forum? Most people around here who harp on about the past don't have a clue what they're talking about, and remembering "the good old times" is just a lame-ass attempt so somehow validate the bullshit whine of the week.

During TBC, forums were as same as always: a bloodied battlefield of crying, complaining, "I quit" threads and doomsaying.

Deleted
    Vanilla elitits used to call TBC "the expansion for casuals"
    You also had the horde players hating on blood elves,arenas were a mess,specs were a mess,heroics you needed certain class (no way to do shadow labyrinth without lock) and i bet the more im thinking about it the more i will write. But it was a great expansion after all,cause it kept playerbase engaged through the whole expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... no one is going to mention the switch from 40-25 and how it 'killed guilds forever'?

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    You're exaggerating most if not all of these.
    Negativity is insanely loud in pretty much every game you play.

Its fairly obvious why, too - happy customers are playing. People that don't care aren't playing or typing complains either. Its the angry people with nothing better to do and a lot of investment that yell a lot.

uhm, nothing to do?
    after i finish the farming for flying mount (killing the same elites for hours in shadowmoon valley' demon camps) i simply dont know how to do
    i can decide to wait hours to find a group for heroic with my so "viable" rog assa, or start to do battleground and arenas (to farm pvp weapon clearly XD)
    it ended with my quit from pvp thanks so balanced dudu resto+mace or the delicious restoboomkin+lock slsl
    and people complain now about imbalances XDXD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I haven't been on this forum much during TBC so I must've missed out any complaint that this expansion had. And so far every other expansion has had plenty of them. Thinking back I don't think it received a lot of criticism from my POV, the only thing being all the lore changes like the draenei retcon and how poorly they've written WC3 characters. But TBC improved over a lot of things like the gameplay and more fluid questing, and I don't remember people craving to go back to vanilla WoW so badly.

So what more did I more did i miss during this period?
    Yes. We had the great flood of 2008 when the tears of Ret Paladins destroyed Blizzard HQ. There were many complaints back then as well. This forum tends to attract negativity because they all get banned from the official forums.

Attunements were pretty bad back in TBC. Gear was the primary method for gating content versus skill in todays game.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Attunements were pretty bad back in TBC. Gear was the primary method for gating content versus skill in todays game.
    Funny, that's pretty much the exact opposite of reality.
    Considering the absolutely insane ilvl gap, today's content is much more gated by gear than before - TBC gear went from ilvl 115 in T4 to 146 in BT. That's less than half the gap we have in the very first tier now. So yeah, gear gating is about six times higher now than then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, don't forget all the claims that rogues were OP because Kalgan's girlfriend played one and it was just another "class balance" scandal at the time.
    Rogue bow.

Any complaints TBC had were by the player base that shouldn't even be playing MMO's in the first place, and they listened to them and have thus ruined the game since then.