Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Was there ever a set value? It's supply and demand from both sides. Right now you have a lot of players playing a lot, so there's a demand for game time that exceeds the need for gold. There's more gold floating around than there is stuff to spend it on, unless you're in a high end guild buying all the expensive raid buffs. Even with runes and pre-pots I find myself with a surplus of gold and I really don't put much time or effort into making gold. So I'm sure the players who do have even more.

If we get to a point where more players need extra gold than want free (in real life money) game time, relatively speaking, the market will drive prices down. Right now we're just the opposite.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Little extreme. I know quite a lot of people have 1m+ gold but I struggle to get over the 50k mark LOL. Ah the life of a casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    you have it backwards, the token costs real money too and it costs MORE than if you pay monthly sub, so blizz wuold definitely like to see more tokens bought, therefor its in their interest to keep cost lower, so its affordable
    Exactly every token bought is 5 bucks more than paying a sub at regular cost(if not more if people do 3 month or 6 month sub).
    Prices are going up because less people are buying the token with real money than those that want to buy it with gold really that simple. I wouldn't spend 20 bucks on a token unless I at least got 100k gold. 30k to 40k for 20 bucks is a joke

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Little extreme. I know quite a lot of people have 1m+ gold but I struggle to get over the 50k mark LOL. Ah the life of a casual.
    And yet you ain't buying tokens for gold to boost your gold and thus why the tokens are going up in price. More people have around this persons gold total and yet they still don't buy tokens and that is why the price is rising

Thats not casual, that is lazy. Spend a couple of hours herbing, and you can double it. Just put on a good movie/show and it is rather easy to spend an hour or so each day to farm some herbs. No need to make anything out of them, just sell them raw on AH, and they go in seconds (Well minutes).
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Well, people don't need gold, but they need playtime. So there is more people who buy the tokens for gold, than there is people who buy them for money and sell for gold. It is kinda basic economics.
    The way economics works is that it adjusts to a point of equilibrium at which the number of people who buy the tokens for gold equals the number of people who buy them for money and sell them for gold.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    herbalism + alchemy level 3 recipes - yes its boring like f... but extremly effective
    Must be nice, on our AH the Pot/Flask market is so bad (Alchs here seems to want to undercut each other into oblivion) that even with hella lucky procs you still make more selling the raw mats than you do using them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka29 View Post
    Lol, 60k pricy xD

NA so qt
    So much lol. 60k is nothing. Right now I have 200k profit each month, just by playing - doing M+ , WQ, pvp and stuff. And yes I am a casual player FYI.

Here is the thing, world quests, class hall champions quests, and mythic+ are giving way too much gold. You can simply send your followers and they will get you 1k for free
    So... too much gold in the server we have an inflation of gold, so the prices rise.
    We have more people willing to buy the game time for gold because of the easy money, so the price naturally rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Thats not casual, that is lazy. Spend a couple of hours herbing, and you can double it. Just put on a good movie/show and it is rather easy to spend an hour or so each day to farm some herbs. No need to make anything out of them, just sell them raw on AH, and they go in seconds (Well minutes).
    Nah it's very casual I play 1-5 hours a week

If tokens were 60k on EU servers, I would've been sooo happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Blizzard probably didn't like that nobody bought it for gold. Then they also mention they might wanna make it so you can buy character services for them
    Wouldn't it be a net loss for Blizzard by doing this? If I pay per month, I'm only giving Blizzard $15 for that month. However, tokens costs $20, so if I pay for a month using a token, I'll be giving Blizzard $20...

If anything they should want tokens to be cheaper so we buy them and pay with them instead of via monthly sub.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

You have zero empathy from me - EU player. Even more, I hope your token rises up to 100+k, because that's fair.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

tokens high, first of the month, time to buy one or 2 to get some in game gold woot!
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    tokens high, first of the month, time to buy one or 2 to get some in game gold woot!
    I'm looking forward to tokens being $100k+ so I can buy 4 and finally have enough to get that pet! <3
    "He tasks me! He tasks me, and I shall have him!"--Khan Noonien Singh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caanrial View Post
    I'm looking forward to tokens being $100k+ so I can buy 4 and finally have enough to get that pet! <3
    Yah with 100k, I might be able to buy a TCG mount or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    60k was as cheap as you can get them on Europe, and it was still worth it, since you only needed 2-3 hours of farming for (garrisons made the rest). Stop crying.
    I'd rather pay $15/mo than 60kg.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Nah it's very casual I play 1-5 hours a week
    Yeah, ok, that is rather casual. Almost so casual it isn't worth the cost of game time :P
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Caanrial View Post
    yep!!! maybe even spider mount >.>
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    yep!!! maybe even spider mount >.>
    What a waste, to pay €400 for a mount.... meanwhile kids in Africa are starving.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    You have zero empathy from me - EU player. Even more, I hope your token rises up to 100+k, because that's fair.
    I don't really understand this I suffer so you have to suffer too mentality.