Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Latest PTR 7.1.5 changes for Fury

For those wanting a list of just Fury Changes for PTR 7.1.5.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion

Warrior (Forums, Talent Calculator, PvP Talent Calculator, Artifact Calculator)

Talents
    • Anger Management (Fury, Protection) Every 10 Rage you spend reduces the remaining cooldown on Battle Cry, Last Stand, and Shield Wall by 1 sec. Shield Wall, and Demoralizing Shout by 1 sec.
    • Booming Voice Demoralizing Shout also generates 50 60 Rage, and increases damage you deal to affected targets by 20% 25%. Protection Warrior - Level 90 Talent.
    • Dragon Roar Roar explosively, dealing [ 162% of AP ] damage to all enemies within 8 yards and increasing all damage you deal by 20% 16% for 6 sec. Dragon Roar ignores all armor and always critically strikes. Fury Warrior - Level 100 Talent. Instant. 25 sec cooldown.
    • Fresh Meat Bloodthirst has a 40% 60% increased critical strike chance against targets above 80% health. Fury Warrior - Level 15 Talent.
    • Frothing Berserker When you reach 100 Rage, your damage is increased by 10% 15% and your movement speed by 30% for 6 sec. Fury Warrior - Level 75 Talent.
    • Outburst Berserker Rage now causes Enrage. Warrior - Level 45 Talent. and its cooldown is reduced by 15 sec. Warrior - Level 45 Talent.
    • Reckless Abandon Battle Cry lasts 2 sec longer and generates 100 Rage. Fury Warrior - Level 100 Talent.
    • Shockwave Sends a wave of force in a frontal cone, causing [ 47.5% of AP ] damage and stunning all enemies within 10 yards for 4 3 sec. Cooldown reduced by 20 sec if it strikes at least 3 targets. Fury Warrior - Level 30 Talent. Instant. 40 sec cooldown.
    • War Machine Killing a target grants you 30% Haste and 30% movement speed for 10 15 sec. Fury Warrior - Level 15 Talent.
    • Wrecking Ball Your attacks have a chance to make your next Whirlwind deal 200% 250% increased damage. Fury Warrior - Level 45 Talent. Approximately 3 procs per minute.

Really, is this it for Fury? A NERF to Dragon Roar and tweaking numbers here and there? What happened to actually changing talents or making them base lined talents? 7.1.5 is what, 2 weeks away?

Where did you get that 7.1.5 is 2 weeks away?

Someone in my guild said it will be released before the holidays. So their estimate was about 2 weeks or so.

Deleted
    Don't forget the Shockwave nerf, it does affect M+ a bit.
    also Reckless Abandon at least is a mechanical change, it never used to extend BC before but other than that, yea, not much to be excited about

The Wrecking Ball and War Machine buffs are amazing for mythic+ and will be very nice in Nighthold when we get into more fights with adds. Were already getting a taste of it with Helya, those are pretty drastic buffs.

My question is if fury is really getting anger management or is that just a tooltip thing?
    Last edited by f3llyn; 2016-12-01 at 12:19 AM.

maybe recklesness abandon + outburst will be a good option becouse berserker rage will align with dragon roar and battle cry, allowing a bigger bc window with a guarantee 2 RB inside, OF, Rampage and more 2 or 3 globas inside BC

Well the 7.1.5 charges are hugely disappointing. Let's break down the big problems.

TALENTS

Tier 15 - Fresh Meat. This is still a completely worthless talent. the two factors here are Rampage becoming the centerpiece for the spec/enrage and also the extremely limited window that this bonus is active. It needs to have a much larger window of usefulness say above 50% hp, at the very least. It's a non-option as it stands.

Tier 45 - Outburst. Still a completely worthless and garbage talent. It will never compete against Wrecking Ball and Avatar, and should still be a baseline function of the spec.

Tier 75 - Massacre. Needs to be baseline. How many times do we have to say it. You can't use your execute button without this talent, you just can't. It needs to be a baseline part of the spec.

Tier 90 - Bloodbath and Frenzy. These are hindered greatly by Inner Rage and current design of the spec. However, they could still be options with a few small tweaks. I'll address Inner Rage and a few baseline changes here in a moment.

Bloodbath - Needs to be a shorter duration and shorter DoT. It's extremely difficult to utilize the full effectiveness of this buff. My suggestion would be a 6 second duration and 3 second DoT. It also needs to be a 25 second cooldown. Having it not line up with all your other cooldowns is extremely annoying and hurts the usefulness of this talent a lot.

Frenzy - So haste is our best stat. It's also our most fun stat. So why is Frenzy bad? Because it forces us to use Furious Slash A LOT and always at times when we wouldn't want to otherwise use it. However, there is an extremely simple way to fix this talent and make it a competitive option. It's also applied and refreshed by Rampage. Boom. Done.

Tier 100 - The Reckless Abandon change is pretty nice, and a good QoL change. You just have to get over the fact that it's going to make you waste rage. The extension on Battle Cry really makes the rotation feel a lot smoother to me. The Dragon Roar nerf is unfortunate but it will still be a strong option on cleave and AoE.

Bladestorm - Oh Bladestorm....poor, poor Bladestorm. This has been a completely dead talent since the later parts of beta and is a dead talent in the live game. There's no situation where Bladestorm is superior numerically to it's competing options. However, this is also pretty easy to fix. You simply need to let Bladestorm always deal damage as if enraged, it also needs a shorter cooldown to be utilized more effectively. It's competitors align with our big cooldowns, which is a huge portion of Fury damage, it also needs to line up with those cooldowns. Reduce it to a 50 second cooldown.

GENERAL ROTATION ISSUES

Inner Rage - The spec just simply doesn't work without this talent currently. But I believe that is fairly easy to address as well, and combined with the changes to Bloodbath and Frenzy I mentioned above should open this tier to a playstyle choice rather than being forced into Inner Rage due to the clunky design of the spec. So how do we fix this and make Inner Rage not mandatory? The Nighthold tier bonuses address some huge issues with Enrage functionality with the latest changes. The 2pc solves the issues of having to hit FS way too much to get a crit, and the 4pc extends our enrage duration. The two combined will make Inner Rage far less mandatory, but Bloodbath and Frenzy will still never compete unless some changes are made.

1) Reduce Inner Rage increased damage and buff baseline Raging Blow to compensate. This just flat reduces the strength of the talent, but it should be the same overall effect as current Inner Rage.

2) Bloodthirst needs to refresh the duration of Taste for Blood when it doesn't crit. The Nighthold 2pc bonuses addresses a lot of issues with this mechanic, but the duration remains the elephant in the room. I don't want Bloodthirst to grant an additional stack when it doesn't crit, simply refresh the debuff. We've beat this to death, but Furious Slash is our lowest priority ability. It is never anything but our lowest priority ability even when not enraged if you have any other button to hit at all, you will hit it instead of Furious Slash. This is a fine place for the ability to be...except that you've tied this short duration BT crit handicap to it. Let Bloodthirst refresh the duration when it doesn't crit, the handicap remains in place when you talent into things like Wrecking Ball, or have good procs in execute phase, etc.

This ties into Inner Rage, because when you go multiple Bloodthirst cycles without enrage, you obviously aren't hitting Raging Blow without Inner Rage and your damage absolutely plummets.

Meat Cleaver

The current mechanics with Bloodthirst and Rampage cleaving causes a huge amount of clutter to the AoE rotation. The additional problem is you lose all your enrage handicap mechanics when you start to hit Whirlwind There are two really simple fixes here to help the rotation and also general Fury sustained AoE (something it's not very good at)

1) Bloodthirst no longer cleaves, but Rampage will cleave for 100% damage. This would remove the clutter in the rotation.
    2) When whirlwind hits 2+ targets it will generate 5 rage. This would give an enrage handicap for AoE.

Execute

I touched on this in the talent section slightly with Massacre. Fury's execute is a shit show. It's either grossly overpowered (mythic progression raid boss kills), or useless (M+ Dungeon content). Why is this the case?

1) You can't use your execute button without the massacre talent. It's an epic dps loss to press the button without that talent in a vast majority of all situations. MASSACRE NEEDS TO BE BASELINE.
    2) Juggernaut is too difficult to maintain stacks. They need to last at least 10 seconds.
    3) Juggernaut needs to apply more damage per stack, and put some kind of cap on the damned ability already.

Deleted
    I am confused, aren't we already having this discussion in the fury dedicated thread?

Also, when you say fury only changes and start with anger management and booming voice it doesn't make a good impression.

Secondary stats have seen an across the board nerf on the ptr as well. That's probably going to hurt fury a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by f3llyn View Post
    Secondary stats have seen an across the board nerf on the ptr as well. That's probably going to hurt fury a lot.
    Why nerf? they just scale different on higher ilvl necks/rings, for example my prydaz has 1.9k mastery on ptr while 1.5k on live. Seems like a buff to me, except you are running aroung with 840 rings, their stats might actually be lower.

Quote Originally Posted by orgonutil View Post
    maybe recklesness abandon + outburst will be a good option becouse berserker rage will align with dragon roar and battle cry, allowing a bigger bc window with a guarantee 2 RB inside, OF, Rampage and more 2 or 3 globas inside BC
    You can already guarantee 2 RB's in a BC window without this "buff"
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Quote Originally Posted by Drtydeeds View Post
    You can already guarantee 2 RB's in a BC window without this "buff"
    you cant if you dont delay BC window to use RP before and open BC window with BT playing with 200ms with 32% haste

you cant if you dont delay BC window to use RP before and open BC window with BT playing with 200ms with 32% haste
    You should look at some logs, you can do this easily without 32% haste...
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

DR > Avatar + BC + BT > RB > OF > BT > RB

You can easily get 2 RBs in a BC window with only ~25% haste tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Drtydeeds View Post
    You should look at some logs, you can do this easily without 32% haste...
    yes, i am not arguing that we cant, but most good logs isnot with 200ms latency =/

Quote Originally Posted by Lorkin View Post
    DR > Avatar + BC + BT > RB > OF > BT > RB

You can easily get 2 RBs in a BC window with only ~25% haste tops.
    Lol Cecil and I have had discussions on this very forum about this exact topic

- - - Updated - - -

yes, i am not arguing that we cant, but most good logs isnot with 200ms latency =/
    When did 200ms come into the discussion?

Get a little more than 25% haste (very easily done) and you're golden. Not sure what the issue is here.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Tier 100 - The Reckless Abandon change is pretty nice, and a good QoL change. You just have to get over the fact that it's going to make you waste rage. The extension on Battle Cry really makes the rotation feel a lot smoother to me. The Dragon Roar nerf is unfortunate but it will still be a strong option on cleave and AoE.

Bladestorm - Oh Bladestorm....poor, poor Bladestorm. This has been a completely dead talent since the later parts of beta and is a dead talent in the live game. There's no situation where Bladestorm is superior numerically to it's competing options. However, this is also pretty easy to fix. You simply need to let Bladestorm always deal damage as if enraged, it also needs a shorter cooldown to be utilized more effectively. It's competitors align with our big cooldowns, which is a huge portion of Fury damage, it also needs to line up with those cooldowns. Reduce it to a 50 second cooldown.
    I would love it if they replaced Bladestorm with Reckless Abandon but folks on PTR are saying it was a datamined tooltip issue. That Fury is not getting Reckless Abandon as a last tier talent. To get it, we would have to lose something and that would be Bladestorm. Unfortunately, Bladestorm is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorkin View Post
    I would love it if they replaced Bladestorm with Reckless Abandon but folks on PTR are saying it was a datamined tooltip issue. That Fury is not getting Reckless Abandon as a last tier talent. To get it, we would have to lose something and that would be Bladestorm. Unfortunately, Bladestorm is still there.
    What? Reckless Abandon and Bladestorm are both on the level 100 tier on the PTR. And Reckless Abandon did receive the buff we've been talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    What? Reckless Abandon and Bladestorm are both on the level 100 tier on the PTR. And Reckless Abandon did receive the buff we've been talking about.
    Bah, sorry I was talking about Anger Management not Reckless Abandon. Must have read your post wrong, sorry about that.