Thread: Frost rotation

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Frost rotation

Greetings
    Could someone please explain the rotation and what to watch out for ??? Just simply to Pull and during the encounter thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering most online class guides are either out of date, or just bad, it's actually better to ask on forums. Be helpful instead of being a prick

10+ Year Old Account
    he probably wanted something more in depth than icyveins...

OT: check for a class discord, and spend some time in there
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Great. Now I'm a prick. Technically you're not wrong. Actually I'm helping them. Today kids can't even do their own search in this day and age and you want to help by assisting them full time ? Be my guest.

The original question doesn't even specify anything beside "rotation" which if you look @ the first 5 top google searches, you'll see they're still mostly accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    Great. Now I'm a prick. Technically you're not wrong. Actually I'm helping them. Today kids can't even do their own search in this day and age and you want to help by assisting them full time ? Be my guest.

The original question doesn't even specify anything beside "rotation" which if you look @ the first 5 top google searches, you'll see they're still mostly accurate.
    You do realize that your first comment came off as incredibly rude and asshatish, and most of the guides that you'll find in the top 5 searches on the internet are flawed in some way. Honestly those types of comments where it's just that site of how to google seriously need to be banned, it's unhelpful and just plain rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    You do realize that your first comment came off as incredibly rude and asshatish, and most of the guides that you'll find in the top 5 searches on the internet are flawed in some way. Honestly those types of comments where it's just that site of how to google seriously need to be banned, it's unhelpful and just plain rude.
    I love you for this. You win the Internet for my day.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/death-...wns-abilities/

Only thing Id change is prioritise Frostscythe in AOE (3+) with Killing Machine procs.
    Last edited by Nerrf; 2016-11-30 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerrf View Post
    noxxic

Is this actually hard at all? keep Icy talons up, Consume rime/runes on obliterate/RW, don't overcap RP if you can avoid it. Use cooldowns on cd, together as much as possible.

Frost's easy as shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaeron View Post
    Is this actually hard at all? keep Icy talons up, Consume rime/runes on obliterate/RW, don't overcap RP if you can avoid it. Use cooldowns on cd, together as much as possible.

Frost's easy as shit.

Easy? Probably not. Simple is a better word. Mechanics can screw with icy talons uptime and depending on the procs you're getting you will have to make some fast and snap decisions to not waste resources.

Keep up icy talons /10 char

Get a IT wa and make sure that shit never falls off. Frost is simple but it's actually pretty fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felstone View Post
    Meh. Its a basic down'n'dirty general gist. As helpful as your contribution was...

Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    Get a IT wa and make sure that shit never falls off. Frost is simple but it's actually pretty fun.
    Don't even need a WA for it, just make sure every third or fourth gcd is a frost strike and you're gucci. Frost is really fun even though it's simple. It allows me to focus more on proper boss mechanics instead of tracking a thousand buffs/debuffs/cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerrf View Post
    Meh. Its a basic down'n'dirty general gist. As helpful as your contribution was...
    If it kept one person trying to up their game away from that nausea inducing grab-bag of forum posts i'd consider it a very helpful contribution to the community, but you are free to disagree mate.

If you're looking for in-depth accurate information i'd suggest the following:
    Icy Veins Frost Death Knight guide
    Babyjace's Frost guide @ #Acherus

your rotation depends a lot on your build, and your build depends a lot on your secondaries and legendaries imo.

OP, if you wanna post your stats and prefered build we could take a look at it

Just Frost Strike and stuff

Deleted
    rime
    obliterate
    frost strike

in that exact order
    enjoy your orange parses

Quote Originally Posted by Felstone View Post
    If it kept one person trying to up their game away from that nausea inducing grab-bag of forum posts i'd consider it a very helpful contribution to the community, but you are free to disagree mate.

If you're looking for in-depth accurate information i'd suggest the following:
    Icy Veins Frost Death Knight guide
    Babyjace's Frost guide @ #Acherus
    This is the most up to date Frost guide from #Acherus:

Frost DK FAQ: Last updated: 9/11/2016 patch 7.1

Edit: If you don't want to clicky click and since I'm looking at it.

Single-target (With Runic Attenuation/Obliteration)
    1. Frost Strike if Icy Talons is off or about to fall off
    2. Howling Blast if Frost Fever is off or about to fall off
    3. Howling Blast if Rime is up and Obliteration is not active
    4. Obliteration if >= 2 runes and 25 Runic Power
    5. Frost Strike (Obliteration active)
    6. Obliterate (Killing Machine)
    7. Obliterate
    8. Remorseless Winter
    9.Frost Strike if >= 40 Runic Power
    Last edited by Cirayne24; 2016-12-02 at 03:04 PM.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere