Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

Would you have a baby if you were in your 50's?

My co-worker did just that. He is 52. I want to be happy but i'm still confused. Who the hell has unprotected sex this day and age?

Fuck no.
    Wouldn't even have one in my 20s, 30s, or 40s.
    Fuck that shit.

How old is his wife?
    Last edited by NED funded; 2016-12-01 at 11:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    How old is her wife?
    not much younger from what I heard. This is her first baby in 18 years..so i'm not good at math.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/06/yo...lies-late.html

It's becoming more common, men (and women) who were focused on their careers deciding that they missed out by not having a family. Some 50-something men are dating younger women, I'm sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/06/yo...lies-late.html

It's becoming more common, men (and women) who were focused on their careers deciding that they missed out by not having a family. Some 50-something men are dating younger women, I'm sure.
    she already has a 19 year old daughter.

Deleted
    No, I despise the idea of having kids.

Well, generally I wouldn't have any baby at all.
    But as a man I don't really see a problem having a baby in my 50s today if I still was in good health. Life expectancy is quite fine, and you can expect to work until your late 60s anyhow, so why not be a father?
    As a woman that would be little different, as the complications of a pregnancy and giving birth singnificantly increase with age. So I would not want to have it, for my sake and for the baby's, especially if I already had a child.

10+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing is we both work paycheque to paycheque and moaning about money problems. Seems bizarre to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    she already has a 19 year old daughter.
    My comment was just in general not towards the situation you described in the OP. In any case, who cares if people are popping out rugrats in their 50s. Their life, none of my business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    My comment was just in general not towards the situation you described in the OP. In any case, who cares if people are popping out rugrats in their 50s. Their life, none of my business.

exactly. Close this thread mods plz.

Deleted
    Sure, but not with a 50 year old woman.

The entire point of raising a kid is to have a mini money-making slave that will secure you an ez retirement. By the time you are 50 that window is sort of gone.

25-30 is my window. If I miss it then it wasn't meant to be.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine being even more tired than usual. ugh

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't actively try to have one but it would be a happy accident.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

No that's a bit old to start a family. Would suck when your just getting out of high school and your parents are almost 70

Quote Originally Posted by Neyze View Post
    25-30 is my window. If I miss it then it wasn't meant to be.
    May I ask if you are male or female? Because that's a very limited window.

At least I see little difference between a 30 year old becoming pregnant and a 35-40 year old. Only after that it's starting to become legitimately risky to give birth. And as for the age gap, I assume your kids will consider you old no matter what, nvm the 10 years +-

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Sure, but not with a 50 year old woman.
    I echo the sentiment.

Deleted
    Ill have 5 kids, regardless of what age ill be in. Sooner rather than later though.

And from these kids i demand atleast 3 kids of their own when they come of age. WHITE all of them.