Thread: Your first CD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Only joking, it was Pantera - Cowboys from Hell. But I do own Enya - Watermark these days

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I actually do not remember my first CD, as it was a transitional thing. I grew up with actual records and my first record (single) was Suzanne by Leonard Cohen
    same (transitional), I remember initially they tried to make the album-height cd box to try to include more of the artwork. younger folks may not appreciate just how important album art was then to sales.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Might be an Oasis CD cause i was a 90s kid but thanks to too much beer and vicodins i seriously cant remember!

Funny though i remember my parents first CDs it was a Dire Straits Album back in the very late 80s and the reason i still remember that it was because it was the first shit they bought when they got a CD player and boy was that fucking thing huge!!1
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2016-12-02 at 03:06 AM.

7+ Year Old Account

Manowar still rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    Only joking, it was Pantera - Cowboys from Hell. But I do own Enya - Watermark these days
    I listen to Enya now as well. I don't even take the cd "the very best of Enya" out of my computer unless it's to install a new game.

got it off a friend in 7th or 8th grade i think. liked them a long time before that because of the broly movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I was born in 1986 and my first CD was:

Doubt many even know this band
    Why? Its not some obscure band. I heard them plenty back in the day.

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    The first CD I bought myself was Linkin Park Hybrid Theory
    I don't remember my first CD to be honest...I do remember the CD that began to mold my tastes into the music I'm into today...and that was this beaut ^

Don't judge me. Or do because I don't care.

TOGETHER FOREVER, NO MATTER HOW LONG!

Bunch of young punks! Why isn't the question you first 8 Track??!!!?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Bunch of young punks! Why isn't the question you first 8 Track??!!!?
    Yeah that was my problem with remembering my first cd, I had cassettes for way longer than a lot of people.

Hit Me Baby One More Time. My shitty Aunt an Uncle had a Columbian House account and after buying me Melancholy of Infinite Sadness the year before AND then taking it back because it said Ode to No One (Fuck you), they figured BSPears to be a bit more tame. I can say as a 13yo boy, that CD leaflet that opened into a poster of her sitting in a backwards chair, was the first time I tried to fuck paper. The results were.. well..
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2016-12-02 at 03:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some kind of compilation album of best hits of that year, 1988. There were actually 2 of them for that year and they came as seperate CD's and not a double CD for some reason.

Still remember this song that was on there:

Good times.

I found this inside the original Mario 64 game box back when the console had just been released. It should have been an English CD...

10+ Year Old Account

Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by omfgreally View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Weird, my first Manson album was inbetween you two, with the obvious Antichrist Superstar. I did buy Portrait shortly after.

I'm also old enough to have bought cassettes before CDs.........if we want to talk cassettes, it's probably MJ's Thriller.

10+ Year Old Account
    My first CD I had was...

Was my first transition from cassette
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

There was a typo in the printed lyrics for one of the songs, in the insert that came with the CD. I wound up (and still to this day) pronounce the word incorrectly when the song comes to that part.
    Last edited by Anastacy; 2016-12-02 at 11:25 PM.