Checkmywow.com shows you how many UT procs you used/missed.
    -Spakoinyi/Nakazanie-

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a way on warcraftlogs to find our how many Vivify were done under Uplifting Trance?

Or how many Uplifting Trance have been consumed.

Trying to figure out how so many people have so many Vivify in their top logs.. doesn't always make sense to me, I don't think I have as many UT procs they seem to have.. unless they cast it without UT.

I check the logs on Guarm Mythic and see 27 casts of Vivify and 18 UT procs.. did I miss the memo on Vivify being viable on his own?

Or that is cast of Vivify under TFT even if UT is not there.
    Are they using lifecycles? My log isn't a top log for this particular kill, only ~50%, but I had to take lifecycles and spam a ton of EnM (despite it overhealing for a lot) because our druid was getting slammed. This resulted in more vivify casts to take advantage of the lifecycles proc.

Deleted
    Guess the secondary nerf is gonna be a buff in the end for us as they will increase primary on thoes items instead..

Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Guess the secondary nerf is gonna be a buff in the end for us as they will increase primary on thoes items instead..
    Will they ? I only saw high end gear will have more secondary stats than right now to compensate the nerf

7+ Year Old Account
    I thought they were only increasing the secondary stats on neck/backs/rings... But nerfing the rate at which they inc % on ALL stats. Sounds like a big nerf with a small buff. Therefore overall a nerf

How is fistweaving? is it viable at all?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quick question. Given the scenario where the raid has just taken raid wide damage from say, Horn of Valor. If I was given Innervate what would be the best spell/s to use to do as much healing as possible.

Right now I start with EF and then spam vivify and a second before the buff expires I cast EF one more time. Is there a way to more efficient with innervate?

If you have Innervate, just spam Essence Font and be sure to clip it just before Innervate runs out.

What you are doing right now is what you should do with Mana Tea, but Innervate.. just go all out with Essence Font.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Awsumpossum View Post
    Are they using lifecycles? My log isn't a top log for this particular kill, only ~50%, but I had to take lifecycles and spam a ton of EnM (despite it overhealing for a lot) because our druid was getting slammed. This resulted in more vivify casts to take advantage of the lifecycles proc.
    No, they are using Mist Wrap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    How is fistweaving? is it viable at all?
    It was removed from the game in Legion, so no, it's not viable at all.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

7+ Year Old Account
    If you have Innervate, just spam Essence Font and be sure to clip it just before Innervate runs out.

What you are doing right now is what you should do with Mana Tea, but Innervate.. just go all out with Essence Font.
    EF costs mana on cast, not for every tick.Which is why I was using it before losing the buff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thra View Post
    I thought they were only increasing the secondary stats on neck/backs/rings... But nerfing the rate at which they inc % on ALL stats. Sounds like a big nerf with a small buff. Therefore overall a nerf
    Blue post said Increased amount to get % in secondaries but next build items will get more primary to not lower player power.

It was removed from the game in Legion, so no, it's not viable at all.
    No, it wasn't, it was just redesigned. Theres 2 talents for MW that focuses on melee abilities. Spirit of the Crane gives mana regen and Rising Thunder resets the cd on Thunder Focus Tea. Of course there is also Teachings of the Monastery.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2016-12-02 at 10:32 AM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it wasn't, it was just redesigned. Theres 2 talents for MW that focuses on melee abilities. Spirit of the Crane gives mana regen and Rising Thunder resets the cd on Thunder Focus Tea. Of course there is also Teachings of the Monastery.
    That doesn't change the fact both those talents are fucking terrible, and are designed to be awful for serious progression.

With that said, those talents are perfectly fine for 99% of players who don't care about min maxing their maximum potential hps, and just want to have a good time playing wow.

I always thought fistweaving meant healing by dpsing. That is very much gone. Throwing a damage spell here and there is what every healer do, but I don't see druids discussing "wrathing" or "moonfiring".
    SOTC and RT try to complement the "melee healer" fantasy, but we already have artifact traits that make us stand in melee or, at least, near clumped up ranged.
    -Spakoinyi/Nakazanie-

Quote Originally Posted by Mastashifu-khaz View Post
    EF costs mana on cast, not for every tick.Which is why I was using it before losing the buff.
    That's what I meant by clipping, recast it just before innervate fades so have more uptime.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't heal, that was the whole point of fistweaving. I know that we have some gimmicky version that regens mana of course.<

But to me, fistweaving means Eminence.. rest is just dps, something all healers can do, especially holy paladins.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2016-12-02 at 09:09 PM.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Arguing what you think is and isn't fistweaving is just semantics at this point. The developers themselves referred to these talents as "fistweaving" on twitter.

Something that has been bothering me about our current design is our lack of survivability/mitigation in the context of being a "melee healer" like our counterpart (paladins). Our mutual class design shares some semblance of designer intent with our "role", without forcing us into it; their mastery is based on proximity (although they can modify this with talents), while two of our golden traits assume we're in a clump that is often easier to achieve when in melee. Despite this similarity, presumably I don't need to go into detail the ways that our fellow melee healer is better suited to be there, but suffice it to say that between HP, armor and CD's, it's much safer for them to be in melee than it is for us.

So, my general question is: "Why is it so much easier for a paladin to survive being in melee range, when we're both considered melee healers?" I'm asking in the context of higher-end raiding (world top 200) and/or >10 M+. I'm curious if other MW are bothered by this, or if it's just a matter of "different class is different."

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it so much easier for a mistweaver monk to deal with mechanics that force you out of melee? I mean holy paladins are considered "melee healers", how come they aren't able to deal with movement as easily as mistweaver?

I understand that's the tradeoff, but I'm not convinced it's a net positive in our favor. In a raid environment, we have Transcendence and Roll/Torpedo and/or Tiger's Lust as our main movement enhancers; Paladins have Divine Steed (or 2 w/ Cavalier). We certainly win in the mobility game, but if you were to make a pro/con list of "Personal Survival CDs vs. Movement CDs", I don't think MW would win that argument.

The benefit of fistweaving is apparent, we can put out insane dps when focus only on DPSing, we are probably one of the best dps heal out there, only behind H-pally, disc priest and R-druid!

Quote Originally Posted by Mavvaren View Post
    I understand that's the tradeoff, but I'm not convinced it's a net positive in our favor. In a raid environment, we have Transcendence and Roll/Torpedo and/or Tiger's Lust as our main movement enhancers; Paladins have Divine Steed (or 2 w/ Cavalier). We certainly win in the mobility game, but if you were to make a pro/con list of "Personal Survival CDs vs. Movement CDs", I don't think MW would win that argument.
    This was my biggest fear of Legion. Every healer has a niche, and I was worried that the monk 'niche', because we're a jack of all trades just like a priest, would be having more mobility. Right now, it does seem like that - we all have similar HPS, and where a shaman or druid has some nice utility, we just have some extra movement buttons. It's a shame really.