Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    With casttime is Showing for your SW in the castbar ?
    I see in a video how it should work with two SW between 2 starsurges
    But he has 0,9 sec casttime in my ui its shows me 1,2sec
    I thing that could be the reason why i can not fit 2 times SW.
    Looks like that Starlord is not work but it is used in the talants .

Quote Originally Posted by Gargy View Post
    With casttime is Showing for your SW in the castbar ?
    The tooltip doesn't necessarily matter, because it's going to get reduced by 20% from Starlord. My tooltip shows 1,13 sec, but with empowerment the actual cast is 0,908s. Make sure you always have both surges Empowered, or the starlord talent does nothing for you.

Thanks i tryed it yesterday again and now it works sometimes in case of an lag the buff gone but this could happen

Deleted
    For anybody that would like to know my thoughts on the 7.1.5 PTR changes so far, you can find them here: https://gebuz.wordpress.com/

My suggestion for WoE would be drop the charges(make it a toggle) and instant cast completely, and make it trade single target damage for increased cleave(radius and damage, that is), basically turning LS into an AoE spell while active. The row could use an AoE option anyway.

Gonna ask here also, because it gets lost in the main thread

I have enough haste to cast emp LS between SS with ED. Now I did some dummy testing and with my current haste, I have lik 0.4 sec left from ED. If I lose like 800 haste from a trinket and add 1000 versa and more intellect, I get like 0.2 sec left.
    Should I go for versa or stick to haste?

Simcraft says the vesatility trinket is an increase in most types of fight, but what's your opinion? I'll do some dummy testing also to see what's up.

If you have Ed the ls breakpoint doesn't do anything.

Get up to 31% to hit the solar wrath breakpoint. Don't focus on anything else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hello!

Thanks for the guide it's great but I have a question.

Wich build do you recommend for Mythic +'s (without legendary) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Saluun View Post
    Hello!

Thanks for the guide it's great but I have a question.

Wich build do you recommend for Mythic +'s (without legendary) ?
    Hi, 880 balance here, been clearing +10/12 and having consistent results.

T1 : Starlord unless your tank needs help, I.E. Skittish / Necrotic high mythic plus, in that case pick Treants.
    T2 : Displacer beast or Renewal, up to you
    T3 : Restoration affinity
    T4 : Typhoon is usually ahead of Bash
    T5 : Incarnation
    T6 : Shooting stars is ahead of BotA most of the times in high M+, mainly for AP generation.
    T7 : This one is really up to you. NB is a quality of life improvement, mostly useful on 2-3 target fights or single target.
    Fury of Elune is quite hard to be used correctly, and requires some training, but it will provide some sick AoE burst if used correctly. Pick it if you know what you're doing. Stellar Drift is okay, i'd suggest it most of the times if trash packs live longer than 30 sec (I.E. fortified or teeming debuffs), just be careful of the increased range.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoto View Post

T1 : Starlord unless your tank needs help, I.E. Skittish / Necrotic high mythic plus, in that case pick Treants.
    T6 : Shooting stars is ahead of BotA most of the times in high M+, mainly for AP generation.
    T7 : This one is really up to you. NB is a quality of life improvement, mostly useful on 2-3 target fights or single target.
    Fury of Elune is quite hard to be used correctly, and requires some training, but it will provide some sick AoE burst if used correctly. Pick it if you know what you're doing. Stellar Drift is okay, i'd suggest it most of the times if trash packs live longer than 30 sec (I.E. fortified or teeming debuffs), just be careful of the increased range.
    ^^^ Spot on ^^^

882 Boomkin here with over 200 mythics run including many 10-15 runs done. My additional comments:

T1: Starlord is great however FoN is very handy for dealing with Necrotic/Skittish/Bolstering/Raging - it helps mitigate the damage your tank/group takes. I run this for every week except for weeks with Sanguine.

T2: I prefer displacer beast - helps you get places faster and is handy when speed running mythics.

T3: Resto affinity for 2-9. Guardian for 10+.

T4: Typhoon. Single stun on a long CD isn't as handy as typhoon which can be useful against casters on sanguine weeks and is handy for a 2nd aoe interrupt.

T5: Incarnation (don't be afraid to use this on trash - especially big packs on weeks with teeming)

T6: Shooting Stars

T7: NB is great. It is handy for keeping your dots rolling longer for packs that live for a long time.

Deleted
    Thank you so much for this guide, it really helped me a lot getting started on enjoying balance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Is arans relaxing ruby nearly as good as it sims? I have an 860 one and although its great for mythic+ I just don't see it proccing enough in raid to use it over spiked tongue/chrono shard in fights where there aren't a lot of adds. I know the chest buffs it by 30% but if it still doesn't proc much than 30% damage doesn't mean anything. Also I've been using plaguehive/spiked tongue for odyn but I have an 870 chrono shard, was wondering if people prefer chrono shard over spiked tongue for mythic Odyn.
    Last edited by LolretKJ; 2016-12-02 at 04:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Thanks a lot Gebuz for your detailed guide!

And thanks to Hoto and PowerGamez for your infos, i also only run M+ (not a single raid at all) and appreciate your help!

Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    Thanks a lot Gebuz for your detailed guide!

And thanks to Hoto and PowerGamez for your infos, i also only run M+ (not a single raid at all) and appreciate your help!
    Shouldn't you be playing Overwatch?

Hurr? I am not that famous Overwatch player!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoto View Post

Thanks alot!

You too PowerGamez!

Where does Aran's Relaxing Ruby place on single target with the Nightbane chest piece?

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Where does Aran's Relaxing Ruby place on single target with the Nightbane chest piece?
    Aran's with chest sims even higher than my 880 Shock baton or 870 Spiked Tongue, showing around 5-6% overall damage. After using it for a while, I have found that on multiple target fights, it is unmatched. I've seen 10%+ damage just from ARR. Single target has varied wildly between bad and phenomenal, or from 1% to 8%+. I have a better chest and 880 shock baton, so I have preferred to use it over ARR+chest for its reliability.

TLDR: ARR+chest on any fight where it has a good chance to hit multiple targets (M Ursoc, Cenarius, Xavius, Odyn, Helya, any dungeon), Spiked Tongue or shock baton single target HOWEVER ARR+chest can be similar or better in damage depending on luck. Your mileage may vary.

Canapa-Kel'Thuzad

Deleted
    Very well written guide! Keep up the good work and good attitude!

One Question - just saw new PTR build where Dreamcatcher is nerfed to 2 second buff instead of 3 seconds. If this holds for live 7.1.5 i can imagine that starsurge weaving is history and we simply have to dump all astral power at once instead, perhaps using Astral communion to enhance that even further - how much of a nerf are we talking about here?

Question to use until the ED change is applied:

I ran out of AsP to weave SS and I need to build it up. I have 3 EmpSW and 3 EmpLS(let's assume no moons). I cast the 3 SW and after I continue to build AsP with regular SW or use the 3 EmpLS + regular SW if needed?

I have 26 traits and a relic for LS crit chance.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutastic View Post
    Very well written guide! Keep up the good work and good attitude!

One Question - just saw new PTR build where Dreamcatcher is nerfed to 2 second buff instead of 3 seconds. If this holds for live 7.1.5 i can imagine that starsurge weaving is history and we simply have to dump all astral power at once instead, perhaps using Astral communion to enhance that even further - how much of a nerf are we talking about here?
    Well you can fit 3 SS from 100 AsP with ED. After that you have to build it again.
    Assuming we start from 100 AsP and using LS+BotA(15 AsP) only as builder.
    noED - 2 SS and 20 AsP left...build up 60 AsP...2 SS and 0 AsP left...build up 90 AsP...2 SS and 10 AsP left etc. - 10 LS
    ED - 3 SS and 10 AsP left...build up 90 AsP...3 SS and 10 AsP left...build up 90 AsP...3 SS and 10 AsP left - 12 LS

with 150 AsP build up we get 6 SS compared to 180 AsP and 9 SS.

If we start at 100 AsP with current ED and use only LS+BotA(15 AsP) as builder.
    SS(60AsP) - LS(75) - SS(45) - LS(60) - SS(40) - LS(55) - SS(35) - LS(50) - SS(30) - LS(45) - SS(25) - LS(40) - SS(20) - LS(35) - SS(15) - LS(30) - SS(10) - LS(25) - SS(5) - LS(20) - SS

11 SS for 10 LS and 150 AsP build.

Conclusion:
    noED 6 SS for 10 LS
    7.1.5 ED 9 SS for 12 LS
    current ED 11 SS for 10 LS
    Last edited by Hellshout; 2016-12-06 at 03:40 PM.