Page 49 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Qilaahr View Post
    Hey ! First time here (reading all thread), I have some question, if you can answer it's really appreciate.

We use hand of gul'dan at 3 or 4 shard ? Why 3 or 4 ?

If we have can free cast dogs (t15), our priority is hand of gul'dan 3 shard or +> dogs or dogs > HoF 3s + ?

Thanks mate!
    General Rotation listed
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post

General Rotation

• Keep Doom up
    • Keep your Demons buffed with Demonic Empowerment
    • Call Dreadstalkers on cooldown
    • Summon Darkglare on cooldown
    • Cast Hand of Gul'dan when possible (4 Soul Shards)
    • Cast Thal'kiel's Consumption with at least 6 Wild Imps and 2 Dreadstalkers + Doomguard/Darkglare
    • Fill with Shadow Bolt or Demonwrath if 3+ targets

Hey guys. I'm looking for some pointers on doing better in M+ as Demonology.

For the most part I play Destruction in these dungeons, but I would like to gradually shift into playing Demo more for practice. I know about Not's methodology for using Implosion right after a Hand of Gul'dan cast, but is there anything else I could be doing here?

For talents, I usually go 3/3/3/1/x/3/2. I'm wondering if this still the bees' knees in terms of M+ dungeon farming. Darkglare seems tempting too, as my ST damage is more than alright, although I'd probably not take Implosion if I took him.

Quote Originally Posted by TummyBoy View Post
    Hey guys. I'm looking for some pointers on doing better in M+ as Demonology.

For the most part I play Destruction in these dungeons, but I would like to gradually shift into playing Demo more for practice. I know about Not's methodology for using Implosion right after a Hand of Gul'dan cast, but is there anything else I could be doing here?

For talents, I usually go 3/3/3/1/x/3/2. I'm wondering if this still the bees' knees in terms of M+ dungeon farming. Darkglare seems tempting too, as my ST damage is more than alright, although I'd probably not take Implosion if I took him.
    I personally prefer soul conduit with implosion, you can often make ~15 imps before you blow them up which can be quite useful as burst finish for some affixes like sanguine, raging, bolstering.

To anyone who can shed some insight. I'm kind of plateauing on dps. I need some constructive feedback here and thoughts. I'll keep it short. I jumped about 7-8 ilvl in 10 days while dropping about 2% haste overall unbuffed (36% to 34%). I didn't think it was ground breaking. I'm noticing that my dps is the same, to which my question is simple. I see a lot of different builds out there some heavy mastery, some heavy crit. For demonology to hit that next level, where should I focus? Do I need to push 40% haste? Has mastery proven itself a solid stat over crit? Constructive criticism here only please. I'm not looking to get trolled.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizer View Post
    To anyone who can shed some insight. I'm kind of plateauing on dps. I need some constructive feedback here and thoughts. I'll keep it short. I jumped about 7-8 ilvl in 10 days while dropping about 2% haste overall unbuffed (36% to 34%). I didn't think it was ground breaking. I'm noticing that my dps is the same, to which my question is simple. I see a lot of different builds out there some heavy mastery, some heavy crit. For demonology to hit that next level, where should I focus? Do I need to push 40% haste? Has mastery proven itself a solid stat over crit? Constructive criticism here only please. I'm not looking to get trolled.

Thanks.
    Just keep stacking haste, I haven't seen any noticeable changes or plateaus - I personally disfavor mastery quite a bit because crit is much better for multitarget and I have doom belt. I'm at 43% haste and see no reason to stop stacking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizer View Post

Thanks.
    There really is no 'next-level' for demonology. The real damage jump is once you get over 20% haste and that's about it.
    Like Rorixis said above me - keep stacking haste. More damage? More haste! More damage? More haste!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inder/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Also, the expansion is not Corgis Unleashed either.

Deleted
    @shizar Just want to add to the above posters to clarify, if you see on some people "staked mastery" (Which is not so staked as haste anyway) its only because of the items that are usually available. Generally you want all of your items to have heavy haste and just take whatever it goes with them with a preference on crit. Mastery is not bad, its just it only helps you for single target.

That said jumping 7-8 ilvls at the cost of 2% haste can easily be a dmg gain, its just not going to be as much dmg gain as if you were getting more haste with the +X ilvls too. The best way to figure such things is to sim your character, because not all the items have the same stat count/ intellect. For example head,leggs,chest have the most intellect, while neck/rings have none. So that means that getting 7-8 ilvl with head/leggs/chest items at the cost of some haste is not the same as getting them with rings/neck.

Its a matter of stat values and what/how much stats you gain at what cost, which is differend for any character, even if the general priorities are the same for all of us. An item that gives more ilvl along with more haste will be 99,9% of the time a dps gain

With the upcoming secondary stat changes is haste still the go to?

Critical Strike - Now requires 400 rating per 1% Critical Strike, up from 350.
    Haste - Now requires 375 rating per 1% Haste, up from 325.
    Mastery - Now requires 400 rating per 1% Mastery, up from 350.
    Versatility - Now requires 475 rating per 1% damage and healing increase, up from 400. Now requires 950 rating per 1% damage taken reduction, up from 800.

Quote Originally Posted by pyroadi View Post
    With the upcoming secondary stat changes is haste still the go to?

Critical Strike - Now requires 400 rating per 1% Critical Strike, up from 350.
    Haste - Now requires 375 rating per 1% Haste, up from 325.
    Mastery - Now requires 400 rating per 1% Mastery, up from 350.
    Versatility - Now requires 475 rating per 1% damage and healing increase, up from 400. Now requires 950 rating per 1% damage taken reduction, up from 800.
    Generally speaking I don't promote my own site or anything here but I did a slight overview of all that on there if you want to read it over.

Cool, will go take a look.

Deleted
    Do we get a buff to Int to balance the 39% down to 34% nerf on haste?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx174 View Post
    Do we get a buff to Int to balance the 39% down to 34% nerf on haste?
    we know as much as you do mate. No idea if Blizzard plans to compensate Demonology(or warlocks in general) with future changes of 7.1.5

Can someone here give me some tips on how to demo for Mythic Nythendra (still progression) we got her to 20%

My talent build is 3-2-3-1-1-3-2, at some pulls I tried to switch improved dreadstalkers to implosions to help with the infested minds. The hardest part is when I'm getting rot, I have to completely stop dps the boss to move out to the edge of the room to drop the rot and start dpsing again (while waiting for my rot to drop)

And during Phase 2 (dream state) I'm also having issue on how to dps the boss while avoiding those bugs. I basically just demonic empowerment and demonwrath. Let me know if I'm doing it wrong or there's a better trick. Thanks.

idk if it's a good idea to just destro lol

@Number1

You're probably trying too hard with the mechanics -- maybe the whole raid is. Its a great big room and you should make use of all of it.

Rot doesn't need to be at a wall, it just needs to not be in melee. In my raid, the guideline is "near another patch of rot, vertically toward the boss if possible." I also frequently get through bug phases without ever moving. Try to avoid being around other players -- they bring the bugs. Just find a random safeish spot and turret. Try to make use of your portal and gateway as precautions against breath/mind control.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuux View Post
    @Number1

You're probably trying too hard with the mechanics -- maybe the whole raid is. Its a great big room and you should make use of all of it.

Rot doesn't need to be at a wall, it just needs to not be in melee. In my raid, the guideline is "near another patch of rot, vertically toward the boss if possible." I also frequently get through bug phases without ever moving. Try to avoid being around other players -- they bring the bugs. Just find a random safeish spot and turret. Try to make use of your portal and gateway as precautions against breath/mind control.
    Thanks for the tips. So ppl with rot (specially range) doesnt really need to move to the edge of the room if there's no other ppl around him? just drop the rot there? And the next person who will get rot; drop it near the first rot.

Btw what about the rot stacks? is it true that I should push it to 10 after I get 6 stacks of rot? Or just wait til the next rot (hoping that I wont get it) so I'll just get MCed in the next round

Thal'kiel's Lingering Power - got this last night, is it a straight 5% as tooltip says? And what DPS increase is it on subsequent levels?

Quote Originally Posted by pyroadi View Post
    Thal'kiel's Lingering Power - got this last night, is it a straight 5% as tooltip says? And what DPS increase is it on subsequent levels?
    5%.

Every step after is .5.

Quote Originally Posted by Number1gentleman View Post
    Thanks for the tips. So ppl with rot (specially range) doesnt really need to move to the edge of the room if there's no other ppl around him? just drop the rot there? And the next person who will get rot; drop it near the first rot.

Btw what about the rot stacks? is it true that I should push it to 10 after I get 6 stacks of rot? Or just wait til the next rot (hoping that I wont get it) so I'll just get MCed in the next round
    dropping rot in the corner only makes the encounter harder (as you will stay safely at the corner in phase 2), I normally drop rot where I stand (avoid dropping it near portals/gateway) and move out a little bit

don't push it to 10, even at 8, to avoid everything if possible is the best way to maximize dps and to help your healers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishy View Post
    dropping rot in the corner only makes the encounter harder (as you will stay safely at the corner in phase 2), I normally drop rot where I stand (avoid dropping it near portals/gateway) and move out a little bit

don't push it to 10, even at 8, to avoid everything if possible is the best way to maximize dps and to help your healers
    I would only recommend to get stacks intentionally, if there are a lot of ppl at 8/9 stacks. In this case a few should get to 10 stacks to split the amount of peoplpe getting mc'ed on two phases.

Quote Originally Posted by Number1gentleman View Post

Personally I stay near to the edge and I barely have to move for rot. For breath I use my gateway and just turret. You also have your circle if you need to move (and/or perhaps go to melee). One of our tanks co-ordinates the stack getting. They will ask some to push but not too many (as in all 6+ or you will end up with a wipe sometimes.) Is Implosion really needed? Our melee tend to melt the MC people. A warrior or shaman also stuns every time as well.