Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Human memory isn't infallible

We misremember things all the time
    some of these others, i can accept as misremembering. but i vividly remember berenstein bears. i remember the intro to the tv show saying it properly, i remember it being spelled properly.

there's something wrong with this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Long time reader first time poster...

Not sure if it's a result of all the acid of done but this shit bugged me out

In a way this reminds me of Plato's allegory of the cave

Also this guy knows what's up...

Quote Originally Posted by Semune View Post
    I have been researching this stuff for years, and can tell you with absolute fact that something is going on.

What is going on, is the question, not if.

My research started after turning on the TV one day and seeing "Looney Toons" became "Looney Tunes", then I looked it up, and apparently "Bearenstein Bears" is now "Bearenstain Bears".

Among many...many other things.

I actually think it's cool, just proves that you shouldn't take anything too seriously, not even life, because it's likely just a simulation or something of that sort.

Ignore the people who talk about false memory and all that, but at the same time don't get too wrapped up in it, it's really not all that interesting down in the rabbit hole, and the concept/meaning of life remains the same regardless of what you find down there, live life, help others, be happy.

"Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change" - Hawking.

There are a lot of people here that will fight tooth and nail to tell you that you're wrong in what you believe, ignore them and go your own path. Hell, if I went the path that everyone wanted me to take in life I'd likely be making 1/4th of my salary at an almost minimum wage job like the rest of my family.

Would anyone care to explain this video where the literal actor who played Darth Motherfucking Vader recalls it wrong not once but twice, years apart

Any theory that revolves around *you* being unique and special ("The time line has changed and I am aware of it") or that requires the existence of unverifiable entities ("I saw a ghost") or metaphysical realities ("It came from a parallel universe") and which has no basis in physical and observable reality are wrong almost 100% of the time. Why should your particular brand of farfetchism be more true than another crackpot's? It takes a distinct lack of logic to not realize how ridiculous your conspiracy theory is. Even if you happen to be right that one time in a trillion, it doesn't justify the other 999,999,999,999 times you were abjectly and inexcusably wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Joobulon View Post
    Would anyone care to explain this video where the literal actor who played Darth Motherfucking Vader recalls it wrong not once but twice, years apart
    Easy: He remembers it wrong for the same reason everyone else remembers it wrong: he remembers the popular culture reference, not the actual script.

You think he remembers every line of the script word-for-word?

We used to say the lords prayer every day in school in the morning, at that age I didn't even know what the word "debt" was or meant, yet I have a vivid memory of all those stupid songs and the prayer from constant everyday repitition in early 1990s schooling as a young child.

Trespasses not debt's.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Why would he repeat his name like this twice in the entire scene. Dialogue has to work in context with the rest of it, not be a line for a trailer. Luke repeats obiwans lie. So he answers with "No, i am your father."
    I have the original laser disk, and he says, "No, I am your father."

Seth Macfarlane remembers what I remember

Not this shit

and notice how detailed R2D2 is, he got all of that right, but not this bullshit silver leg ''

hmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    some of these others, i can accept as misremembering. but i vividly remember berenstein bears. i remember the intro to the tv show saying it properly, i remember it being spelled properly.

Name confusion

Many people incorrectly remember the name of the series as the "Berenstein Bears". This confusion has generated multiple humorous theories to explain the memories, including an unannounced name change, time travel, or parallel universes and has been described as an instance of the Mandela effect.[84][85][86][87] According to Stan Berenstain's son, confusion over the name has existed since his father's childhood, when a teacher insisted that the name was spelled "Berenstein" due to the prevalence of names ending in "stein".[88] At least a few examples of official merchandise spelled "Berenstein" have been found,[89] and cartoons for the series used an ambiguous pronunciation which may contribute to the false-memory.[90]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berenstain_Bears

They were always Berenstain. The books were written by Stan and Jan Berenstain.

You're not even trying to be subtle anymore OP.

Yeah but this many people about this many things? Cmon
    Because when a lie(false memory) is told enough it become truth(real(but still false) memory).

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So your proof is your lack of geography knowledge? Sounds legit...
    Well I made straight A's in school and have been told my IQ is 143+ which is top 1% genius level so I like to think I have some credibility you know?

Hmm, I wonder if my genital used to be bigger

- - - Updated - - -

Well I made straight A's in school and have been told my IQ is 143+ which is top 1% genius level so I like to think I have some credibility you know?
    You wouldn't brag about it.

me so smart oh look smart very smart

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And after many pages you keep trying to convince everyone it is more than just you...

- - - Updated - - -

Not really. If you were really a genius you would understand how imperfect memory is.
    If you were a genius you would realize I'm mentally ill -_-

Wait Trump is POTUS? In my timeline burnie won and ruined everything.

Somethings not quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am 100% sure that anakin ghoust was changed in Ep3.

Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I am 100% sure that anakin ghoust was changed in Ep3.

It literally was. This isn't false memory or Mandella effect. This is a re-release.

I mean I believe I am labeled as a nut just to discredit everything I say

But its all cool

Deleted
    If you were a genius you would realize I'm mentally ill -_-
    Hardly. Even the very best professionals need a longitudinal volume of behavioural observation and/or self or coreporting of such. Rather than some rant in isolation. People can be wrong about stuff without being unwell.

For instance, the dude narrating the first video you linked: Observe the overly exact tempo of his delivery and lack of intonation. Very few people talk like that. Even fewer do so with a developed vocabulary and practised pronunciation.They may still do so and be perfectly fine. However, the subject matter along with the delivery would likely set off some concerns with some. Even the smartest most experienced practitioner wouldn't be able to say with certainty "that kid needs some help if he is not already getting it".

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

You can find great power in exploring the possibilities of an inconsistent reality... that is, if you can avoid the part where you go mad.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean I believe I am labeled as a nut just to discredit everything I say

But its all cool
    Tell me what you see when you gaze into the abyss.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn