Quote Originally Posted by lunarstra View Post
    Anyone else worried that these secondary stat changes make it incredibly difficult to meet the 2x EmpSW cap (31% ish) for ED?
    No, I logged in PTR and I have MAYBE 2% less haste. But that is with low ilvl neck and ring

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of SimC for ED, I just edited below the Sunfire line and replaced with the following:

Code:
    actions.ed+=/solar_wrath,if=buff.solar_empowerment.stack>=2&buff.the_emerald_dreamcatcher.remains>execute_time*2
    actions.ed+=/lunar_strike,if=buff.lunar_empowerment.up&buff.the_emerald_dreamcatcher.remains>execute_time
    actions.ed+=/solar_wrath,if=buff.solar_empowerment.up&buff.the_emerald_dreamcatcher.remains>execute_time
    actions.ed+=/new_moon,if=astral_power<=90
    actions.ed+=/half_moon,if=astral_power<=80&!buff.the_emerald_dreamcatcher.up
    actions.ed+=/full_moon,if=astral_power<=60&!buff.the_emerald_dreamcatcher.up
    Works fine, I haven't edited the Incarnation priority list but it will be a very similar edit.

Stfl+Stellar drift build in 7.1.5 still weak shit ?

Quote Originally Posted by Madus View Post
    Stfl+Stellar drift build in 7.1.5 still weak shit ?
    For aoe? Id still go Inc, SS, and Sdrift

Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    So they're nerfing scaling while simultaneously buffing the amount of stats on current gear. I think this means that, overall, scaling will be slower going forward but there shouldn't be much of a change with Nighthold.
    Actually, it shouldn't make much of a difference. The increased contribution from gear should about compensate the reduced scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    For aoe? Id still go Inc, SS, and Sdrift
    For ST, since cleave fights doesnt exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Madus View Post
    For ST, since cleave fights doesnt exists.
    ST id still use the default inc, BotA and whatever the last one is called

So its still shit.

Deleted
    I'm getting this error when using your apl block Adramelch :

Slippykin's is working fine though, and shows an increase in SW casts. I'm still simming lower than with the set that doesn't pass the haste threshold, but it's closer (416K to 420K). Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    Force of Nature got a buff. 30-40% ish. Dem bursty splinters.
    Nice! Non-datamined change you noted on the PTR?

For an AoE build (SS+Stellar Drift), do you think SotF would be viable when using IFE, or does Incarnation remain the best choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Nimiks View Post
    I'm getting this error when using your apl block Adramelch :

Slippykin's is working fine though, and shows an increase in SW casts. I'm still simming lower than with the set that doesn't pass the haste threshold, but it's closer (416K to 420K). Thanks!
    There are random spaces in the code block above, like "buff. incarnation.up" and "buff.incarnation.u p". They should be "buff.incarnation.up" .

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    In terms of SimC for ED, I just edited below the Sunfire line and replaced with the following:

Code:
    actions.ed+=/solar_wrath,if=buff.solar_empowerment.stack>=2&buff.the_emerald_dreamcatcher.remains>execute_time*2
    actions.ed+=/lunar_strike,if=buff.lunar_empowerment.up&buff.the_emerald_dreamcatcher.remains>execute_time
    actions.ed+=/solar_wrath,if=buff.solar_empowerment.up&buff.the_emerald_dreamcatcher.remains>execute_time
    actions.ed+=/new_moon,if=astral_power<=90
    actions.ed+=/half_moon,if=astral_power<=80&!buff.the_emerald_dreamcatcher.up
    actions.ed+=/full_moon,if=astral_power<=60&!buff.the_emerald_dreamcatcher.up
    Works fine, I haven't edited the Incarnation priority list but it will be a very similar edit.
    Have you actually checked the sample sequence to see if it does indeed do 2xSW outside Inc though. Cause what I was doing was similar to yours, but checking the sample sequence it was doing SS>SW>SS and I found the culprit in this line:

actions.ed+=/starsurge,if=(buff.the_emerald_dreamcatcher.up&buff.the_emerald_dreamcatcher.remains<gcd.max*0.8)|astral_power>90|((buff.celestial_alignment.up|buff.incarnation.up)&astral_power>=8 5)|(buff.the_emerald_dreamcatcher.up&astral_power>=77.5&(buff.celestial_alignment.up|buff. incarnation.up))

In the default APL, the bolded part is just "<gcd.max" which means that if there's lower than a gcd left, it'll cast Starsurge. The thing is though, that an empSW is lower than our overall gcd.

@Nimiks: Ye, I copy-pasted straight from my Simc, dunno why it added the random spaces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Have you actually checked the sample sequence to see if it does indeed do 2xSW outside Inc though. Cause what I was doing was similar to yours, but checking the sample sequence it was doing SS>SW>SS and I found the culprit in this line:

actions.ed+=/starsurge,if=(buff.the_emerald_dreamcatcher.up&buff.the_emerald_dreamcatcher.remains<gcd.max*0.8)|astral_power>90|((buff.celestial_alignment.up|buff.incarnation.up)&astral_power>=8 5)|(buff.the_emerald_dreamcatcher.up&astral_power>=77.5&(buff.celestial_alignment.up|buff. incarnation.up))

In the default APL, the bolded part is just "<gcd.max" which means that if there's lower than a gcd left, it'll cast Starsurge. The thing is though, that an empSW is lower than our overall gcd.

@Nimiks: Ye, I copy-pasted straight from my Simc, dunno why it added the random spaces.
    Yeah I noticed that too. I did a few sims varing "gcd.max" with "gcd" and "gcd.max*some percentage" but ultimately all the sims were within 0.1% dps of each other, so I didn't feel it was necessary to alter.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    Yeah I noticed that too. I did a few sims varing "gcd.max" with "gcd" and "gcd.max*some percentage" but ultimately all the sims were within 0.1% dps of each other, so I didn't feel it was necessary to alter.
    Yeah the DPS doesn't vary much. But what I personally want is a Simcraft that actually performs a similar rotation to what people (and I) actually do in a real encounter.

I know there's still tweaks coming, but does the change in haste concern ED booms? The threshold for 2x SW will go to 11.3k, which even with changes to rings/necks is going to mean less choice in gear, not more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squarebear View Post
    I know there's still tweaks coming, but does the change in haste concern ED booms? The threshold for 2x SW will go to 11.3k, which even with changes to rings/necks is going to mean less choice in gear, not more.
    Actual it's not that big deal, if you are holding some "changing" Gear in your bags.
    BUT

Have you ever looked at Set?
    1/6 Setparts has an Haste Stat....

Maybe i missed 1. Okay. Chest with ~400 haste. GG

So. If you are going for four set, with ED (which also has no haste) you wont be able to get your 11.300 haste breakpoint for 2x SW in between 2 SS.
    Even with higher rings and necks. Onlything i could imagine is 2 Statsticks / full haste neck... something like that... and then even though with 920+ Ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by Quinteras View Post
    Actual it's not that big deal, if you are holding some "changing" Gear in your bags.
    BUT

Have you ever looked at Set?
    1/6 Setparts has an Haste Stat....

Maybe i missed 1. Okay. Chest with ~400 haste. GG

So. If you are going for four set, with ED (which also has no haste) you wont be able to get your 11.300 haste breakpoint for 2x SW in between 2 SS.
    Even with higher rings and necks. Onlything i could imagine is 2 Statsticks / full haste neck... something like that... and then even though with 920+ Ilvl
    Yea this is a problem for sure. I hold 20 items ish in my bag already, sim variations etc every time a new piece drops. I HOPE blizz give us an extra 2-4% haste as base. would provide a minor class buff & fix this issue.

EDIT: Or even better yet. Put haste on ED as it's the one legendary that creates these hard-caps

Changes aren't done, you will have more secondary stats on gear

Looks like they want to bring down the effectiveness of some legendary effects. ED would be in that "overpowered" category. (IFE as well.)
    The Boomkings(WIP) :: YouTube Project

Quote Originally Posted by Cyous View Post
    Looks like they want to bring down the effectiveness of some legendary effects. ED would be in that "overpowered" category. (IFE as well.)
    We'll we are in the shitter if they nerf those leges without properly buffing us to compensate.

Currently we need atleast one of them, prefeably both, to compete with other classes. Even when they have shit for legendaries.