Thread: Pugs man...

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Pugs man...

So last night I joined a Vortex Pinnacle Timewalker dungeon, straight away I notice the other 4 people are in the same guild on the same realm so I'm thinking "okay cool, a non-painful pug". I do that thing that most people don't want to admit to, randomly inspect people, and they're not badly geared... Mostly normal EN but it's Timewalker so who cares right?

We go for the first pull, no-one interrupts the mobs casting cyclone, nobody uses any CC or any dps cooldowns and I'm actually topping the damage as a Holy Paladin. I'm not gonna be a dick, it's a regular occurrence that some specs are over-tuned in Timewalkers. So we move on from that pack and the get to the bridge. We kill the bridge mob again with 2 of the 3 DPS doing under 1k - baring in mind you can melee swing for 800 damage in Timewalkers. For those that don't know there are a few mobs in this dungeon that hide when you come near and regain 5% of their health every 1 second. They don't keep you in combat or even do anything to you when you get close, however this group starts hitting it. After 10 seconds I politely say "You don't have to kill those mobs"... To be totally ignored whilst they spend the next minute, literally, killing it.

Okay, so based on Stonecore taking me like 9 minutes in a pug last time I'm thinking... Fuck, this is gonna take awhile.

We go through the next few trash packs with much of the same, no-one popping CDs, no-one using CC or interrupts and the tank getting cycloned outside of my HoJ/Blind interrupts all the while I'm topping damage with crusader strikes and judgement.

Before we even get to the 1st boss we kill EVERY single mob. This includes the 2 'hiding' mobs that regen so much health our of the lovely dps decides to use his CDs (and a pot???) on it so instead of wasting 60 seconds we waste like 45, good guy dps, AND the orbs you tap to stop doing a push back and run past even after I stated, politely again, you don't have to kill those mobs just run past.

One of the melee teleports to Dalaran for seemingly no reason, at this point I'm more than a little fucked off so I ask what he's doing and get no response. A full 2 minutes later he comes back and without a word we pull the first boss. 2 of the pugs are a melee and 1 is a range. The 2 melee stand INSIDE the tornados almost 30 yards out and the range stands outside of them so they're all taking 50% of their health every 2 seconds. We wipe with the boss at 95% having what I could only describe as an aneurysm over how badly this group fucked up, like Bernie Sanders campaign was more successful than this fucking group. I'm feeling slightly less polite but again it's a pug so I explain you can't stand in the tornados, melee need to be inside the zone and actually doing damage and the range needs to do the same... No reply, of course.

Next pull, range dies again to the exact same thing. Surprisingly the melee don't, however they're doing as much damage in 5 globals as one of my Holy Shocks so the boss takes literally just over 3 minutes.

The range asks "rez pls" in chat, to which I ignore and move to the next trash pull, it was probably petty to ignore him but the fuck you for not paying attention to me trying to help you.

As this is a lot longer than I intended I'll sum the next part up in one sentence. The fucking tank starts running to the start of the instance, literally to the start for no apparent reason whatsoever whilst the melee that left for dalaran is presumably setting up a fucking tent on the corpse of the first boss and the range that joins me is a male panda jumping up and down in front of me...

So I left. In 8 years of this game, to my knowledge I have left precisely 2 dungeons and the other one was during the early days of cata when people couldn't fathom the idea of casting fucking Polymorph.

tl;dr: being a twat isn't exclusive to 'elitists', either read the fucking journal if you have no idea what you're doing or take other players advice and don't play a male panda for fuck sake

FYI, you don't have to be near the hiding mobs, someone just has to face them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what you hope to gain from this thread.. Yes, people suck. No, you can't do anything about it.

Deleted
    not your fault man.

some people are toxic cunts nothing you can do about it.
    I never leave a dungeon due to poor performance but if people get toxic and start playing the blame game then I'm gonna leave without any regrets.

Some weeks ago I left a m+ because the key-owner and his friends thought it was fun to shit talk the random.
    It was HoV +12. (with tyranical) We wiped about 11 times on the first boss because his friends could not handle the mechanics.
    At this poit I told them to give me a mark and follow me. (I explained them many time that they have to turn their camera etc.)

Somehow they felt offended by me and started talkign shit. (eventho I had by far the most experience, dps and ilvl)
    They told me that I should shut up and I should play better before I even dare to talk back to them. (I did not die once to the horn/tornados while they died many times ue to being greedy and not canceling their casts to dodge those 2 abilities)

At this point I old them to fuck off and that I'm not the one failing all the time.
    They kept talking shit. (now the obvious haha look at your gear, you have no life, hahaha mythic raider nolifer LUL)
    I left the group abd obviously they asked me why I woul leave since I ruined their key now.

People are pathetic.

There isnt much you can do, this is the problem of this community.

Someone will probably appear on these forums and be like "ITS YOUR FAULT, THEY PROBABLY WANTED TO DO THEIR THING, YOU RUINED IT FOR THEM BY BEING ELITIST"

When you did nothing wrong.

Using more than basic math in WoW is now considered Elitist.

Not wanting to waste time is Elitist.

Pressing your 4 buttons in proper order and your 3 cooldowns in proper burst phases is Elitist.

Being a complete fucking mongoloid, is acceptable, because HEY, HE PAYS 13E TOO, HE HAS AN OPINION.

Being completely useless to everyone is acceptable, BECAUSE THAT WAY YOU ARE HAVING FUN AND YOU ARENT ALLOWED TO NOT HAVE FUN YOURSELF, IRRELEVANT IF THE OTHER 4 IN THE GROUP WANT TO GOUGE THEIR EYES OUT.

Its times like this and posts like yours where i agree with all the retards calling for "LFG" to be removed, not because there is a problem with it, but i prefer the days where i could simply ignore the whole server apart from 4-5 guilds which i know i wouldnt get cancer playing with.
    Last edited by potis; 2016-12-02 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nogahn View Post
    not your fault man.

People are pathetic.
    They were many things but I don't think they were toxic. They were bad / ignorant / inconsiderate. But we get it, you learnt a new buzzword and feel compelled to throw it out there, no matter how wrong the context.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    so I'm thinking "okay cool, a non-painful pug"
    There's your first mistake.

Whenever I see that the majority of the group is from the same guild I prepare myself for major bullshit. Being unable to kick douchebags/bads, being immediately kicked for not skipping every pack possible and having to deal with "hilarious" tomfoolery are but the start of why I consider leaving as soon as I see the majority of the group is in the same guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    don't play a male panda for fuck sake
    There's your second mistake.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    A wall of text for something everyone experiences from one time to another in-game, which you can really do nothing about? Just move on, we've all been there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Threads like this make coming to MMO-C such an enjoyable experience, thank you sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    There's nothing left to do but take our own lives.
    DH / Shaman / Warrior / Druid / Mage / Rogue / Warlock

Some people find the most amazing retards WoW has to offer.

And yet, they had EN Gear? And I don't .. but I bet you I'm a hell of alot better.
    But hey, inspect me and go "He's shit," right? Heh ..

(855 item level for ref', so nothing amazing but it aint 802 or something.)

It's incredible that having gear, doesn't seem to make people immune to stupidity.

I don't understand why people are asking for more queueable content. Pugs are horrible.

Cool story dude.

No seriously. That's a whole lot of text describing a rather uninteresting, uneventful episode.

May I observe: to me, you were the most unlikeable person of the bunch. Right from the get-go, you're judgemental, uptight, immediately and constantly evaluating and judging every single thing everyone else does - starting from inspecting their gear right away (in a timewalking dungeon ... LOL), over staring at damage meters to tracking who pops which CDs etc. (in a timewalking dungeon ... LOL)

From the get-go, you've been setting yourself up to get annoyed with people, obsessively-compulsively looking for flaws and mistakes and something your fragile little ego could get pissed about.

In short, you're one of those paranoid, uptight, know-it-all naggers that make it instantly unpleasant or awkward for everyone involved, and a lot of times when people come to forums and whine about "toxic" experiences in PUGs, they're not aware how much they're being the catalyst for it.

Yeah those guys sucked. But you're no better.

It's just a timewalking dungeon for fuck's sake. I never have any problems with them, because I just roll with the good and bad of it all. And we always come out on top, because I'm both COOL and GOOD. That's alpha shit for you right there.

Leave bad groups early and often. It's the only advice that will work. You just have to be okay with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Cool story dude.

No seriously. That's a whole lot of text describing a rather uninteresting, uneventful episode.

May I observe: to me, you were the most unlikeable person of the bunch. Right from the get-go, you're judgemental, uptight, immediately and constantly evaluating and judging every single thing everyone else does - starting from inspecting their gear right away (in a timewalking dungeon ... LOL), over staring at damage meters to tracking who pops which CDs etc. (in a timewalking dungeon ... LOL)

From the get-go, you've been setting yourself up to get annoyed with people, obsessively-compulsively looking for flaws and mistakes and something your fragile little ego could get pissed about.

In short, you're one of those paranoid, uptight, know-it-all naggers that make it instantly unpleasant or awkward for everyone involved, and a lot of times when people come to forums and whine about "toxic" experiences in PUGs, they're not aware how much they're being the catalyst for it.

It's just a timewalking dungeon for fuck's sake. I never have any problems with them, because I just roll with the good and bad of it all. And we always come out on top, because I'm both COOL and GOOD. That's alpha shit for you right there.
    This basically is the bottom line.

Cool story dude.

Not sure why you decided to resort to attacking him personally by saying he has a fragile ego or that he's a paranoid know-it-all nagger. Your behavior in this post alone makes you worse than both parties involved.

Timewalking dungeons are hilariously easy. To wipe on them implies he had either bots, or people who were intentionally trolling. I'm leaning towards bots given no communication. Wiping on bosses in there should be a mount rewarding meta achievement, because that's precisely how much effort those require to wipe on.

You can bet that if I join a dungeon and see a DPS doing approx 1/5 my damage I'm going to investigate. There's very little reason for someone to be that far behind if they're trying. You can be bad all you want, but fucking try. Push a button every second, even if its the wrong one, but you're not sitting afk while I do the work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    Not sure why you decided to resort to attacking him personally
    Because I'm referring to his personality. I'm not talking about his shoes or his last biology exam. Not sure if I'm "attacking" him though.

Your behavior in this post alone makes you worse than both parties involved.
    No. I'm just being straight-up and open, which you've been conditioned to condemn vehemently, in our sissified and hypocritical society. Be real and think for yourself, everything's gonna be alright.

Deleted
    Cool story dude.

You were the Warrior trying to melee from 30 yards away right?

U should have played during cata. A bad group could take u over an hour to clear a dungeon. U had to let bad dps die to have any hope in healing the group.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogahn View Post
    not your fault man.

I never leave a dungeon due to poor performance but if people get toxic and start playing the blame game then I'm gonna leave without any regrets.

Some weeks ago I left a m+ because the key-owner and his friends thought it was fun to shit talk the random.
    It was HoV +12. (with tyranical) We wiped about 11 times on the first boss because his friends could not handle the mechanics.
    At this poit I told them to give me a mark and follow me. (I explained them many time that they have to turn their camera etc.)

Somehow they felt offended by me and started talkign shit. (eventho I had by far the most experience, dps and ilvl)
    They told me that I should shut up and I should play better before I even dare to talk back to them. (I did not die once to the horn/tornados while they died many times ue to being greedy and not canceling their casts to dodge those 2 abilities)

At this point I old them to fuck off and that I'm not the one failing all the time.
    They kept talking shit. (now the obvious haha look at your gear, you have no life, hahaha mythic raider nolifer LUL)
    I left the group abd obviously they asked me why I woul leave since I ruined their key now.

People are pathetic.
    Shit, I would have just sat down inside and laughed as their key depletwd
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

pugs are pugs man. They are irrational. Timewalking makes it more dumb because of stat squish.

Got kicked for Misdirecting mobs to tank cuz he was slow as a fat cat.

Whatever.