Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

How to snapshot Chaos Blades!

What you wanna do is to equip as much mastery gear as u have. After this, is that on pull what u wanna do exactly is -
    Pre-pot>Chaos Blades>Equip your normal gear>Meta>And then go fucking ham!
    I have 42% increased damage from CB with my Mastery gear.
    Been pulling burst numbers close to 3M in single target encounters with this.

Been searching some for this and i have noticed that this is not a known thing it seems like so im giving all my DH brothers out there this tip while it still works, this is not obviously intended to work since the snapshot system is removed, so why this is working is beyond me.
    They fixed rogues slice and dice but it seems like this is not known to Blizzard atm.
    It might be threads about this already here, but didnt cba to search for it so i just made this thread

So be sure to use it while it works, big fun!
    Last edited by mmoca33aefecc7; 2016-12-02 at 03:20 PM.

Deleted
    Sure post this for all to know, then it ll be nerfed . GG

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OlorinOrigin View Post
    Sure post this for all to know, then it ll be nerfed . GG
    Hhahah, u know there are a very big streamer that does this all the time for people to see right? Im not gonna mention a name, but im guessing u'll figure it out. So you can count on that Blizz already know about this, and it's just a matter of time before it gets removed anyway.

Deleted
    thanks, ill report this

Quote Originally Posted by Frantixx View Post
    What you wanna do is to equip as much mastery gear as u have. After this, is that on pull what u wanna do exactly is -
    Pre-pot>Chaos Blades>Equip your normal gear>Meta>And then go fucking ham!
    I have 42% increased damage from CB with my Mastery gear.
    Been pulling burst numbers close to 3M in single target encounters with this.

Been searching some for this and i have noticed that this is not a known thing it seems like so im giving all my DH brothers out there this tip while it still works, this is not obviously intended to work since the snapshot system is removed, so why this is working is beyond me.
    They fixed rogues slice and dice but it seems like this is not known to Blizzard atm.
    It might be threads about this already here, but didnt cba to search for it so i just made this thread

So be sure to use it while it works, big fun!
    Run this by me again?

Why does equiping the gear affect the chaos blades? (Only just started properly playing a DH this week)

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Run this by me again?

Why does equiping the gear affect the chaos blades? (Only just started properly playing a DH this week)
    chaos blades scales with mastery

Deleted
    Run this by me again?

The bonus from Chaos Blades scales off mastery, so you equip full mastery gear, gems, enchants etc. Cast Chaos Blades at a far higher bonus damage %, then revert to your original gear. All 1-2 seconds before the pull.

Pre-pull snapshotting is a cancer, and I hope it's removed from the game.

Run this by me again?

Chaos Blades' damage increase scales with mastery, and is based on the mastery you had at the time you used Chaos Blades. That means if you equip a high mastery set, use Chaos Blades, switch to your normal gear, your Chaos Blades still has the power as if you were wearing mastery gear.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by MiLLeR View Post
    chaos blades scales with mastery
    Ohh, I see, sorry missed his first line there about wearing all mastery, I thought he was doing it via wearing nothing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Chaos Blades' damage increase scales with mastery, and is based on the mastery you had at the time you used Chaos Blades. That means if you equip a high mastery set, use Chaos Blades, switch to your normal gear, your Chaos Blades still has the power as if you were wearing mastery gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    The bonus from Chaos Blades scales off mastery, so you equip full mastery gear, gems, enchants etc. Cast Chaos Blades at a far higher bonus damage %, then revert to your original gear. All 1-2 seconds before the pull.

Got it, cheers

It's always been there, and it's not cancer, just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it should go away.
    If you don't want to put the effort into it, don't complain when we, who do, benefit from it.

https://puu.sh/syTeA/96cd767093.jpg

Replace potion pre-pull with this macro and become a god.

Code:
    /use 13
    /use Chaos Blades
    /equipset DPS
    /cast [@player] or [@cursor] Metamorphosis
    /use Potion of the Old War
    /use 13 = first trinket slot.

You have 4 days left to farm Grim Batol timewalking trinket from the first boss, good luck.

Edit: No! it's not an exploit, Yes! it's been around since Beta and reported by multiple people on feedback, Yes! someone fucked up a log and now everyone knows.
    Last edited by Kib; 2016-12-02 at 04:41 PM.

let's post a thread with info everybody knows lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nurden View Post
    let's post a thread with info everybody knows lol
    Hey lets post an answer to that thread because im a low life and have nothing else to do on a friday evening.

fuckin fool.....

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Stacie; 2016-12-05 at 10:05 AM. Reason: INFRACTION

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kib View Post
    https://puu.sh/syTeA/96cd767093.jpg

Replace potion pre-pull with this macro and become a god.

Code:
    /use 13
    /use Chaos Blades
    /equipset DPS
    /cast [@player] or [@cursor] Metamorphosis
    /use Potion of the Old War
    /use 13 = first trinket slot.

You have 4 days left to farm Grim Batol timewalking trinket from the first boss, good luck.

Edit: No! it's not an exploit, Yes! it's been around since Beta and reported by multiple people on feedback, Yes! someone fucked up a log and now everyone knows.
    How can you have 69% Mastery? o.O I got 57% with full mastery gear + trinket from Grim Batol?

i have 57% before using the trinket...

1. go to Auction House
    2. search for cloth/leather "of the savant"
    3. buy obliterum
    4. enjoy it before it gets nerfed because the more this spreads, the more some people will complain and force blizzard to react.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    It's always been there, and it's not cancer, just because you don't like something, doesn't mean it should go away.
    If you don't want to put the effort into it, don't complain when we, who do, benefit from it.
    Sorry but I disagree, they made an effort to stop Warlocks/Warriors who were doing it in Dragon Soul/Firelands. It is clear it is unintended, even if it is not an exploit.

It's gimpy, feels gimpy, and if someone pulls at 2 seconds, gg.

Hell, they changed the entire game not to use in-combat snapshotting anymore, if you can't see this goes against Blizzard's current design goals you're biased asf.
    Last edited by mmoc89ec62a408; 2016-12-02 at 07:11 PM.

The worst thing is it's taken in statistics so as to judge DH DPS which is a bias / lie.
    Not everyone can see the big picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    The worst thing is it's taken in statistics so as to judge DH DPS which is a bias / lie.
    Not everyone can see the big picture.
    It really doesn't have much of an affect unless you're looking at the very top logs, which isn't usually the case given everyone's penchant to link 75% percentile.

As someone that has been using CB snapshot for a while now, I agree with Zyalo though. I'd be very surprised if it was still a thing come 7.1.5. They even fixed a similar issue with Boomkins mastery snapshotting their empowerment buffs at the start of the expansion.

Sorry but I disagree, they made an effort to stop Warlocks/Warriors who were doing it in Dragon Soul/Firelands. It is clear it is unintended, even if it is not an exploit.

It's gimpy, feels gimpy, and if someone pulls at 2 seconds, gg.

Hell, they changed the entire game not to use in-combat snapshotting anymore, if you can't see this goes against Blizzard's current design goals you're biased asf.
    Fair enough, we're all allowed to have our opinions, I myself see it as extra work for extra benefit, which I like, albeit gimpy, as you said.
    But the part about it being in the game since forever still stands true; I used to put my 4set Resto, use Spiritwalker, then put my Enha set pre combat for that haste buff from the 4p Resto.
    So it's not new.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's the same as abusing old set bonuses pre pull, warrior and mage used to do this all the time. just use and abuse until blizzard decides to fix.