Poll: Which trinket pair should I equip?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

ARMS trinket: 870 STR/MAST or 860 Arcanocrystal?

Currently i have ~870 itemlevel arms set with +105% from CS. Am using 870 WQ STR/MAST and 860 arcanocrystal.

nightbane dropped 875 STR/MAST trinket last night.

I can switch the new STR/MAST for old one and get a minor 5 itemlevel boost. But if the old 870 is better than 860 Arcanocrystal, I can switch the arcanocrystal out instead and keep both high level STR/MAST stat sticks. But everyone keeps saying arcanocrystal is godly or something.

Honestly, each of my STR/MAST trinkets has like 1500 strength so I am really tempted to keep both.

Can somebody please help me out?

I have no means by which to simulate it, but here are my character statistics. Can somebody please help me?

Stats with arcanocrystal and one STR/MAST trinket:

iLevel 869 equipped
    895 Strom'Kar with 3 gold dragons, 2xPS relic, 1xUR relic
    25000 STR
    90% MASTERY (+105% dmg during CS)
    11% CRITICAL
    10% VERSATILITY
    09% HASTE

thanks!
    Last edited by mrchee; 2016-12-01 at 09:05 PM.

Why don't you simulate it and find out?
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Deleted
    The reason Arcanocrystal is good is because it's over budgeted for it's ilvl. So even though it's lower ilvl it might overall still be better. Though I agree with the guy above me, just sim it.

Arcanocrystal is getting nerfed by 15% give or take soonishly though, whereas the nerf to the strength/mastery one will be much lower, so while it's possibly better right now it almos probably won't be post 7.1.5 :>

(but yeah, simming id the answer)

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have no means by which to simulate it, but here are my character statistics. Can somebody please help me?

iLevel 869 equipped
    25000 STR
    11% CRITICAL
    10% VERSATILITY
    09% HASTE

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mrchee View Post

iLevel 869 equipped
    25000 STR
    11% CRITICAL
    10% VERSATILITY
    09% HASTE

thanks!
    You have a computer with an internet connection that is good enough to play wow at a high level (considering you're claiming to have killed Nightbane) - so you have plenty of means to Sim.

Download the Simulationcraft client on their site, then get the SimC addon (Via curse or whatever you use).

Then it's a matter of getting your weights via the SimC addon and plugging them into something like Pawn or just looking at the simmed dps output.

You just have to first be willing to help yourself is all...
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

As someone already mentioned, secondary stat nerf bat will hit arcanocrystal pretty hard next patch. But until then it's the best choice atm

To address the comparison specifically you're getting

WQT @870 = 1486 STR + 1005 mastery (2491 total).
    Arcano @ 860 = 807 x4 (Mas/Verse/Haste/Crit) for 3228 total.

Higher mastery on WQT gives it more sway, but then both Verse and Haste are more valuable to you than STR and you get way more stat points overall, especially in the case where Arcano can make it easy to make the Haste breakpoint (making it overwhelmingly better).

So yes you should sim it, but it's fairly clear to see that the Arcano is by far the stronger trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Uthan View Post
    Arcanocrystal is getting nerfed by 15% give or take soonishly though, whereas the nerf to the strength/mastery one will be much lower, so while it's possibly better right now it almos probably won't be post 7.1.5 :>

(but yeah, simming id the answer)
    It's not getting nerfed, they are increasing how much you need of each stat per % but following that they are then planning to buff the amount of stats you have on all items, and we haven't yet seen how that buff will affect different items. It will be weaker than it is currently relative to primary stat trinkets, but currently it's much much stronger than primary stat trinkets because secondary stats take up way less of the item budget than primary stats do, so you get a lot more of them.

Example

Arcano 860 = 3228 stats - all secondaries.
    Ettin Finger 860 = 2319 stats - primary + 3x secondaries split
    World Quest Stat Stick 860 - 2321 stats - Primary + 1 Secondary.

So you're looking at a difference of 900 stat points in favour of Arcano when comparing at same ilvl, because Primary stats are so expensive in item budget. So when you also have the current situation where the primary stat is also very weak or even the weakest stat then that further increases the gap. Yes Primary will be better when compared relative to secondaries in the future, but Arcano is miles ahead currently in terms of how much bang for buck you get.

However things pan out on the PTR, unless Arcano gets specifically targetted and nerfed it's still going to be very sought after.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-12-02 at 04:31 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

^

Indeed, posted that before they said they were increasing the amount of stats on items (and calling it a nerf is the simply lazy version ^^). Was hoping I could stop being jelly of everyone lucky enough to get that trinket, should only be a month roughly until he shows again hopefully.