Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    Total War: Warhammer needs to go on sale. I assume there will still be a Christmas-ish sale, despite the Autumn sale being so late. Anyone think it may make that sale? I have a discount code for it that expires in early January which I'm hoping stacks with the actual Steam sale.
    I believe the Steam Winter Sale starts on December 22nd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    dont tell me that....i want to get gta5....and that's a reasonable price for a game ive already bought for last gen.....
    That is exactly the spot I was in. I own it on PS3 already but wanted it for PC anyways.

After many, many years being behind, this summer I finally had enough extra cash to build a top of the line PC and catch up to current gen. This was my first time with black friday/steam sale and I may have gone a little overboard beefing up my library. All told I bought The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Shadow of Mordor, GTA V, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, and Rise of the Tomb Raider. Also picked up a couple of bundles like all the Saints Row PC games and a number of Double Fine games (Psychonauts, Grim Fandango, Broken Age, Day of the Tentacle) as well as a few smaller games on the cheap like Guacamelee, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Titan Souls, Oxenfree, and SteamWorld Dig. Spent a fair bit more than I had intended but it should keep me busy for quite a while and I did get pretty solid deals on all of them. Thankfully since I pretty much got every game out that I want, my wallet should be safe when the winter sale rolls around.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    That is exactly the spot I was in. I own it on PS3 already but wanted it for PC anyways.

After many, many years being behind, this summer I finally had enough extra cash to build a top of the line PC and catch up to current gen. This was my first time with black friday/steam sale and I may have gone a little overboard beefing up my library. All told I bought The Witcher 3, Fallout 4, Shadow of Mordor, GTA V, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, and Rise of the Tomb Raider. Also picked up a couple of bundles like all the Saints Row PC games and a number of Double Fine games (Psychonauts, Grim Fandango, Broken Age, Day of the Tentacle) as well as a few smaller games on the cheap like Guacamelee, Dust: An Elysian Tail, Titan Souls, Oxenfree, and SteamWorld Dig. Spent a fair bit more than I had intended but it should keep me busy for quite a while and I did get pretty solid deals on all of them. Thankfully since I pretty much got every game out that I want, my wallet should be safe when the winter sale rolls around.
    Wait til the winter sale now.....your library will get yuge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post

I am little bit in same position. I haven't gotten new games in few years because of my old, well current computer (new parts hasn't arrived yet). So many good games in sale .

Deleted
    It's already in the bundles thread, but to make it more visible here: The gog wintersale has started, it lasts for another 10 days and a few hours.

Neverwinter Nights 1 is free if you get it within the next ~43 hours, which I can only recommend. It has the OC and both addons (especially HotU is really good). When you don't mind the lack of voice-acting, there are thousands of hours of free usermade content available, many of them in terms of story much better than what you can find in other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is gonna sound petty, but I hate how on GoG's site, you don't know the name of a game unless you look at the url when you highlight it.

Dust: An Elysian Tale is 80% off there though. Great deal, good game, totally worth it.

Just saw this on gog's site: https://www.gog.com/my_promo_status

Looks like when you purchase games you get XP, using gog wallet gives a 10% XP boost, and then there's a "badge" type thing where you can get 3700 XP total and first game unlock is 5000 XP. Might be interesting for those who purchase from the sale.

Deleted
    Perhaps a glitch, but I'm already on 4200xp.
    Maybe adding Neverwinter Nights gave some xp?

*shrugs*

By end of the weeks of "check in" I'll be at 4900 hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    This is gonna sound petty, but I hate how on GoG's site, you don't know the name of a game unless you look at the url when you highlight it.

Dust: An Elysian Tale is 80% off there though. Great deal, good game, totally worth it.
    I can see the games on the front page, I don't see a problem? Browser or plug-in related maybe? Or I just don't understand your issue (which is very likely!)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post

*shrugs*

It also gives a few exp retroactively from the fall sale, so maybe it's from there. Directly above the 3 games in the same box there's the text "You've earned a x exp boost during the Monstrous Fall Sale!" I also have gotten 500 of it, even though I haven't bought anything back then and just did a few checkins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsta View Post
    It also gives a few exp retroactively from the fall sale, so maybe it's from there. Directly above the 3 games in the same box there's the text "You've earned a x exp boost during the Monstrous Fall Sale!" I also have gotten 500 of it, even though I haven't bought anything back then and just did a few checkins.
    Ah, well spotted.
    I didn't notice the huge text telling me "You've earned a 1000 XP boost during the Monstrous Fall Sale!" lol
    *old age*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    I can see the games on the front page, I don't see a problem? Browser or plug-in related maybe? Or I just don't understand your issue (which is very likely!)
    You can see the games, but if you don't recognize the game by its image or whatever, you have to mouse over it to see the url.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    You can see the games, but if you don't recognize the game by its image or whatever, you have to mouse over it to see the url.
    ? All the images of the games I see on the front page have their name prominently displayed.

Sorry, this is getting off-topic - on topic, thinking about Grim Dawn maybe, or Age of Wonders III

Edit: Screenshot of what I see on the front page - http://imgur.com/a/zSWSt
    Last edited by Davemetalhead; 2016-12-02 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post

*shrugs*

Neverwinter Nights doesn't give XP (I added it and nothing). You get 1000 XP just for having an account / signing up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Neverwinter Nights doesn't give XP (I added it and nothing). You get 1000 XP just for having an account / signing up.
    It was my old age. Someone pointed out that anything bought during the Autumn sale, also gained us xp

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Just saw this on gog's site: https://www.gog.com/my_promo_status

Looks like when you purchase games you get XP, using gog wallet gives a 10% XP boost, and then there's a "badge" type thing where you can get 3700 XP total and first game unlock is 5000 XP. Might be interesting for those who purchase from the sale.
    I got 2 free games from them during the previous sale through the XP system.

https://www.gog.com/game/dex
    https://www.gog.com/game/expeditions_conquistador

I am spending more at GOG these days and almost nothing at Steam. I still get bundles and the odd game from GMG.

you do need to spend money to get anything worthwhile at any rate,.
    if you just do the quests, you wont even get enough xp for the first 5000 game, shadow warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAssBoy View Post
    I believe the Steam Winter Sale starts on December 22nd.
    What? I thought last year, it started right after Thanksgiving. Are you sure it's the 22nd?

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    What? I thought last year, it started right after Thanksgiving. Are you sure it's the 22nd?
    Nah, last year it started the 22nd.
    http://store.steampowered.com/news/19813/

10+ Year Old Account
    Steam is doing some kind of midweek madness sale. Just Cause 3 if $14.99, among other deals. So tempted even though I wasn't the biggest fan of Just Cause 2.