Poll: Do you think FFXV will sell 10 million copys.

Page 51 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This game is like, incredible.. It's the only game where I actually seem to enjoy fishing xD, I have to say though....manual driving is horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    They dissolve Kingsguard the movie into that 30 second clip where they show the Imperial squad attacking the King. That scene doesn't really make much sense, or rather, doesn't have any context behind it without the movie.

Though, the characters in the movie, outside of Luna, don't really have any affect on the game, so it's 50/50 on being important to watch before the game.
    Well in game you do see that after you find out about the attack so you have context there to know that's what those clips are showing. But it is true you won't understand everything that is going on there without watching Kingsglaive.

Kingsglaive spoiler:
    I do have to admit I missed a chunck of the dialogue with King Regis and Noct on the front steps in the beginning of the game because I noticed the Captain of the Kingslglaive standing there and all I could think of was "that god damned fucker, somebody stab him now" lol

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    This game is like, incredible.. It's the only game where I actually seem to enjoy fishing xD, I have to say though....manual driving is horrendous.
    I simultaneously love that you have to actually do things to fish and hate it >< I'm just apparently impossible to please when it comes to fishing in games

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I simultaneously love that you have to actually do things to fish and hate it >< I'm just apparently impossible to please when it comes to fishing in games
    Usually I stay away from anything related to fishing in games, but in this..it's not too bad xD

Up to chapter 6 and i'm starting to run into hunts that say "anytime night/day" are just not spawning and apparently its a bug, hope you can reset them to spawn them because that shit would kill my completionist fun.

I wish I had more control of the muppets. Probably my biggest gripe with the game. Except for chapter 13.

God i hate the birds, i hate them so much.

I heard the recommended level for the final boss is 45 and people are already hitting near that at the early stages of the game cause of side content. Wouldn't you over level and make the final boss trivial?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I heard the recommended level for the final boss is 45 and people are already hitting near that at the early stages of the game cause of side content. Wouldn't you over level and make the final boss trivial?
    Yes. This happens in every FF except for VIII if you do side content before the main story. The only difference with this one is that side content is at the start of the game compared to towards the end. More people seem to do side content because of that.

Every FF is balanced around you just playing the main story. If you do other stuff you will get items that are stronger than intended and you will be overleved for the story. The difficult content has always been the side content.

So wait if you skip the side content at the start you can't do it at all?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So wait if you skip the side content at the start you can't do it at all?
    You can do it after you have finished the game. The game is open world for the first half of the game then turns into a very linear experience. After you beat the game you get returned to an earlier state like in FFXIII and can roam the world again with plenty more side missions available.

The fight between Noctis and Leviathan....I could not contain myself. That was such a fun fight, it was like something out of advent children...but only 1000x better.

Noctis Lucis Caelum, King of Kings, King of Light, The Ascended King.

Cloud Strife eat your heart out.

Well after 50 hours played and still finding fun new things to do i ended up buying the season pass, first time i have ever bought one in fact, but the new stuff being added in it sounds like more of what i am already enjoying without being cut content. Definitely a rarity for me but it sold me on it purely because looking back i cannot remember another open world game i have played with combat where i can suddenly be 30 feet in the air juggling a giant bird with a spear and then striking down to the ground switching to a great sword to combo link swing with a party member to break a monster in two then back in the air again. Its far from perfect but its really making stuff like dragon age seem slow as molasses right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ran into a certain dungeon in a low level area full of low level mobs. Turned a corner to meet the biggest troll in the game, threw down an entire floor level to my death on some Dark Souls shit.

10/10, will explore again.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Thats kind of what makes me like a game that in many respects feels like a next gen FFVIII, right near Cids garage is a level 45 dungeon you can just wander into right from minute 1. You arent told about it, nothing stops you entering. Its just there for anyone willing to explore.

I am going blind but i really hope theres an 'island closest to hell' place, in fact i think i already stumbled onto it in Duscae.

I know I'll never get a proper answer unless I play it myself, but...is this game better than FF13? I've been playing Final Fantasy since the mid 90s and have been use to wacky, needlessly convoluted plots for awhile but I just could not get into FF13 at all. Is the gameplay really fun at least? From what I've read...I cautiously want to buy this game but FF13 burned me so hard and I'm someone who loved FF8 and FF12.

It is 8 meets type zero meets dragon age origins. you control one party member the others are ai. you zip around and using lock on but drawing spells from draw points and so lets you do stuff like jump in a lake, cast blizzara and freeze the lake to stop enemies dead in their tracks then warp strike to them to break parts for specific item drops. As you increase the games sphere grid equivalent this expands to add cancels, air juggles and air dodging and stuff. Basically you start dragon age and mid game get to advent children level ridiculous.

Like 8 i dont in any way think this will be one of the popular ones like 6 or 7 but like 8 i think its going to have its fans whereas 13 has some, god knows why, but on the whole isn't fondly remembered as something that stands up with the rest. I could see myself revisiting this for characters like gladios and prompto the same way i do FFV for galuf and faris.

Right now i'd say its not one of the all time classics for me like V or IX but it is better than any of the PS2/3 mainline FF games. XI and XIV not being counted that is.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    It is 8 meets type zero meets dragon age origins. you control one party member the others are ai. you zip around and using lock on but drawing spells from draw points and so lets you do stuff like jump in a lake, cast blizzara and freeze the lake to stop enemies dead in their tracks then warp strike to them to break parts for specific item drops. As you increase the games sphere grid equivalent this expands to add cancels, air juggles and air dodging and stuff. Basically you start dragon age and mid game get to advent children level ridiculous.

Like 8 i dont in any way think this will be one of the popular ones like 6 or 7 but like 8 i think its going to have its fans whereas 13 has some, god knows why, but on the whole isn't fondly remembered as something that stands up with the rest. I could see myself revisiting this for characters like gladios and prompto the same way i do FFV for galuf and faris.

Right now i'd say its not one of the all time classics for me like V or IX but it is better than any of the PS2/3 mainline FF games. XI and XIV not being counted that is.
    Your description sounds really appealing to me. I still haven't played Type Zero but the other stuff sounds cool. It sounds like a very fun, if not bipolar experience which is fine with me. I think my problem with FF13 is that I just could not get into the story, characters and the game itself felt really boring but flashy.

Deleted
    Do your party members actually do shit?

Tbh... in all the vids I've seen so far it feels like you do about 95% and they do like 5% of the damage.

You can set them into "healing specs" or something like in FF13, can you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifuger View Post
    I know I'll never get a proper answer unless I play it myself, but...is this game better than FF13? I've been playing Final Fantasy since the mid 90s and have been use to wacky, needlessly convoluted plots for awhile but I just could not get into FF13 at all. Is the gameplay really fun at least? From what I've read...I cautiously want to buy this game but FF13 burned me so hard and I'm someone who loved FF8 and FF12.
    It's a pretty good game in general, not just as a FF game. The world is as alive as technical limitations will allow. Your team is alive and not totally useless as far as AI goes. Environments, weather, where and how you hit mobs matter. Even party positioning matters for some combos. There is an awesome combo where if two of you have a lance you can jump up, your partner throws your his lance and then you dive bomb your target with both lances in hand.

You can also do stuff like knock the horns off stuff that likes to charge you with their horns.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Doing things, not just combat stuff gets you AP and you get a sphere grid of sorts called 'ascension' where you make them go from base auto attack with Gladiolus being a tank, Ignis being dps and Prompto being ranged to unlocking things they do on their own at first like Ignis using Scan to tell you weak points to later unlocking skills you hit L1 to select after your own attacks charge a very fast filling quasi atb gauge to use moves like graviball or enhancement from other games. Or you could pump everything into making Noctis stronger and just have mindless drones but i imagine that would get boring as fuck.
    But thats just the basics, doing things with them and being friendly makes them more likely to do certain things like 'link attacks' where you will swap weapons and do a cross slash or greatsword fastball special and so on for doing things like flanking and breaking a part.