Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Or you could just, idk, duel someone anywhere with no need to waste time making a 1v1 queue.
    Except PvP templates dont apply in duels.

Cos it will suck.
    And everyone will whine about unbalanced pvp even more.
    And at some point blizz will give in to whining and fuck up the balance in the rest of the game.

And also probably since it is a freaking MMO, not mortal combat.

Deleted
    They are afraid of it, that's the reason.

They are afraid of it, because it will cause massive QQ on the forums, they are afraid of the toxic behaviour of players against them (Blizzard) due to an inacceptable balance. They afraid that 1on1 Arena will damage the image of their game, because it will be a failure from a balance point of view. Balance failures are much more evident in an 1v1 environment that it is in a 2v2 or 3v3 environment. Just imagine the leaderbord... seeing things like 85 or the first 100 players are ferals (just a random pick as an example).

And yet I still want it, I want it more than anything else in this game. I can assure you, that for a big part of the community 2v2 arena actually means 1v3 arena, and your worst opponent is often your random team member. I like MMOs, I want to play with others and I want to play against others, but I do not want to depend on them in such strong way like it is with 2v2 or 3v3 arena. Experiencing dependancy is a bad feeling.

And yes, tanks and healers can also be fixed for 1v1 with certain arena auras.

One more thing: 3v3 arena also is not very balanced, you don't see tripple healer teams winning anything, but exactly that could also be the case, if 3v3 was balanced. Also you don't see tripple warrior teams or like 90% of the other possiblen3v3 combinations winning anything. So what does this mean? Right, 3v3 is only balanced if you play a very select number of comps, and it's basically a fact that it must be healer + 2 dps. That's not what I call 3v3 balance, if you are restricted to a certain setup. If we translate this to 1on1, it means that you are restricted to a certain spec, and not to a certain comp, in order to be successful, so it's basically the same thing. Same same but different (less choices).
    Last edited by mmoc90507aa8c5; 2016-12-02 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    1v1 Practice been in the game for 12 years, it's called /Duel, can even do it everywhere in the world.
    Duel's don't use the PVP template.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Did you even read the op thread? Its not about 2vs2 or 3vs3 here, in duels rogues are still pretty strong especially if they blow off all their CDs. Thats all there is to this discussion. A single class that can nomatch 90% of casters in 1vs1,seems like a bad idea to make it a ranking system

Also I don't buy any "we are trash" exageration every pvper says about his own class. Survival hunters say they suck in arena yet there are several videos of them wrecking others with burst and CC. The same for WW (lolz) who pretend like they suddenly suck. :yawn:
    Rogues won't win 100% of the matches, a rogue has almost no chance to win against a DH tank or probably any tank 1v1. (of course initial burst and stun is strong af, but what then?)

- - - Updated - - -

BTT: srsly 1v1 arena is a no-go, if there are no rewards people will whine in the forums and if there are rewards people will still whine. Nonetheless you will have extra whining about balance, which will make Blizz want to balance 1v1 which will, on the other side, destroy anything else. That being said, I think almost no one would do them anyways.

Basically said: terrible idea, good it doesn't (and prob. never will) exist.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natylyaz View Post
    Against Priest or Warlock?
    I want to see this fight!
    Well mages win at shadow maybe not warlock tho..
    Also rogues are op in 1v1 so..

Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    They are afraid of it, that's the reason.

They are afraid of it, because it will cause massive QQ on the forums, they are afraid of the toxic behaviour of players against them (Blizzard) due to an inacceptable balance. They afraid that 1on1 Arena will damage the image of their game, because it will be a failure from a balance point of view. Balance failures are much more evident in an 1v1 environment that it is in a 2v2 or 3v3 environment. Just imagine the leaderbord... seeing things like 85 or the first 100 players are ferals (just a random pick as an example).

And yet I still want it, I want it more than anything else in this game. I can assure you, that for a big part of the community 2v2 arena actually means 1v3 arena, and your worst opponent is often your random team member. I like MMOs, I want to play with others and I want to play against others, but I do not want to depend on them in such strong way like it is with 2v2 or 3v3 arena. Experiencing dependancy is a bad feeling.

And yes, tanks and healers can also be fixed for 1v1 with certain arena auras.

One more thing: 3v3 arena also is not very balanced, you don't see tripple healer teams winning anything, but exactly that could also be the case, if 3v3 was balanced. Also you don't see tripple warrior teams or like 90% of the other possiblen3v3 combinations winning anything. So what does this mean? Right, 3v3 is only balanced if you play a very select number of comps, and it's basically a fact that it must be healer + 2 dps. That's not what I call 3v3 balance, if you are restricted to a certain setup. If we translate this to 1on1, it means that you are restricted to a certain spec, and not to a certain comp, in order to be successful, so it's basically the same thing. Same same but different (less choices).
    I think you're right, the most acceptable justificative is this. They are probably afraid of the baby rage in forums.
    But i think that it will bring more positive points for the game, since it's not something rated, they have to make it clear for the kids that this is a feature for fun, and not for serious competition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    BTT: srsly 1v1 arena is a no-go, if there are no rewards people will whine in the forums and if there are rewards people will still whine. Nonetheless you will have extra whining about balance, which will make Blizz want to balance 1v1 which will, on the other side, destroy anything else. That being said, I think almost no one would do them anyways.

Basically said: terrible idea, good it doesn't (and prob. never will) exist.
    Complaints will exist anyway, you know that.

Ppl do 1v1 anyway, they will ever find a way to fight another one with certain balance inside the game, they queue on 2v2 arenas and make the other partner leave, or make 1v1 fights on a 5v5 arena. Would be much more easy if they create something simple to have these fun fights.

Basically, we would have much more benefits than problems (baby rage). They just have to let it clear to the kids that the unbalance will exist anyway, since the game is not based around that.

i too would like a 1v1 quene, it would be awsome for practice but my guess is that it's just a policy, people will never accept that 1v1 can't be totally balanced, if you introduce it the whining on forums will be massive, you know the classic mentality: i pay for this so you're my slave now, satisfy me!

pretty much everyone will be grinding axes to have the counter to their class nerfed and it's going to be a madhouse... no to mention that tanks and healers will have to be banned which will lead to even more whining about this 'injustice' (tbh i wonder why healers are even allowed in 2v2, having games with 50% of the players being healers is mad and dual DPS is hardly viable for 2000+)

i don't think the community has the maturity to a accept a de facto imbalance mode

A Gladiator style game would be awesome. They could easily balance it by including obstacles/buffs/debuffs in the game.
    1) let each player see who their opponent is and then select a buff of "special ability". Ex. an arms warrior vs frost mage.

On paper should be an easy mage win. However - the warrior can choose one of these buffs: 5% hp regen buff every 3 sec; trinket CD reduced to 30 secs, CD reset button (meaning all CDs reset immediately).

You get the point. Pick the right buff and it could really change the game. Additionally, they could make the buffs very random and you wouldnt know what they are until matched up.

Of course, there are going to be matchups and buffs that just dont work. But thats ok. It would be lots of fun for lots of folks.

Make 2 groups and challenge each other to war games. Then you can have the PvP template in an instanced setting and be able to do whatever you want in there.

Also, if there ever was a 1v1 introduced, and if Blizz ever felt inclined to balance it at all, the amount of homogenization to classes would be awful.

Would it not be possible that Blizz implement something along the line of, when you challenge someone to a duel that PvP templates would activate on their acceptance? Not being able to duel since it falls into the really broken category of wPvP sucks.
    Last edited by Pvp guy; 2016-12-03 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridgeback View Post
    Everybody knows that the pvp is not balanced around 1v1 fights, but this is not a justification, if we have duels, why not bring the possibility to make a 1v1 skirmish or wargame. Certaily a few classes would dominate the scenario, but that's not why we need to run out of something that would only bring more fun for pvp players who like 1v1
    No see, that IS the justification. Everything you described is why people like you aren't developers and the developers themselves have such a hard time wading through shit to get to good feedback. Imagine that design meeting:

"I know that it's a bad idea, and that a few classes will dominate, and it won't be fun for most people, BUT THAT'S NOT A REASON TO NOT DO IT BECAUSE A FEW PEOPLE WILL LIKE IT GUYS COME ON WHY ARE YOU CALLING SECURITY."
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Erythros View Post
    i too would like a 1v1 quene, it would be awsome for practice but my guess is that it's just a policy, people will never accept that 1v1 can't be totally balanced, if you introduce it the whining on forums will be massive, you know the classic mentality: i pay for this so you're my slave now, satisfy me!

pretty much everyone will be grinding axes to have the counter to their class nerfed and it's going to be a madhouse... no to mention that tanks and healers will have to be banned which will lead to even more whining about this 'injustice' (tbh i wonder why healers are even allowed in 2v2, having games with 50% of the players being healers is mad and dual DPS is hardly viable for 2000+)

i don't think the community has the maturity to a accept a de facto imbalance mode
    I understand your point, but the fact is that even the 2v2 is really unbalanced, and it is RATED.

Whats the reason to not create a duel with pvp templates and LOS ?? ATM we cannot play a duel or world pvp with fun, it's impossible without the template on.

About the crying of the kids, we can't do anything, but IMO the acceptance will be much higher than the rejection, since it will be a simple skirmish with no ratings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    No see, that IS the justification. Everything you described is why people like you aren't developers and the developers themselves have such a hard time wading through shit to get to good feedback. Imagine that design meeting:

"I know that it's a bad idea, and that a few classes will dominate, and it won't be fun for most people, BUT THAT'S NOT A REASON TO NOT DO IT BECAUSE A FEW PEOPLE WILL LIKE IT GUYS COME ON WHY ARE YOU CALLING SECURITY."
    So we have to exclude the 2v2 arenas of the game too, because i want to get at max mmr with double dps, and not play a boring healer dps game. It's unbalanced and a few classes are dominating this mode of arena.

Whining will exist anyway, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post

I like MMOs, I want to play with others and I want to play against others, but I do not want to depend on them in such strong way like it is with 2v2 or 3v3 arena. Experiencing dependancy is a bad feeling.
    Hm, i only like the immersion of MMOs the feel beeing in a "living world" and to trade with other players. I like to trade. Its nice. I do not like to play together with strangers, though. It sucks it takes too long to find the right mate and you are never full in control.

I would like 1vs1, but strictly under arena rules, no exceptions! No one should be allowed to trink potions, use toys or any other cheats to exploit the fun! There must be a bushido code, or all of it has no sense.

To make it simply only DD specs should be allowed and since every class has at least 1 dd spec, thats doable. This also means that specs like shadow priest, the only true dd spec for the priest, must lose some revamp and get stronger in solo play finally. Thats the only kind of balance thats needed, beeing on equal foot when it comes to burst, def cds and mobility. utility isn't as important in duels.

Of couse nothing will be done because wow is designed by everyquest dragonslayers in a diablo oriented ilvl curve to make shallow minded people addicted, while the big success started with pvp games(starcraft+wacraft3) where duels and free for all was the dominating thing and team games avoided like the plague.

Thats not the only basic pvp system that is missing in wow.

FFA also never got correctly impemented, all we got was some odd gurubashi and darkmoon fair arena fights with people often using groups against other players. Sometimes i had true ffa in those arenas and it was very fun whenever the com felt to play honorable.

I hope the upcoming brawls will add something to this fun. Winter AB with fog of war i believe? could be the first step to maybe a new FFA BG. But so far premade pugs always try to ruin true pvp.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2016-12-04 at 08:30 AM.

This game is already like one massive queue for everything. I don't see how 1v1 duels with PvP templates would hurt, except development time (and that is the elephant in the room)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    And have rogues blow off their CD load and win 100% of matches?

Or in some cases prot warriors or rets

If its just a thing for fun with no rewards, why not. Otherwise its blatantly flawed
    Replace Rogues with DH. Meta lasts long enough for the DH to be immortal while killing your ass. They really need to nerf its duration down to 10s max in arenas.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

7+ Year Old Account
    i would like to se arenas 1x1 but only with the same class you know, hunter vs hunter, dk vs dk, mage vs mage

would be funny, no classe should bitch about get destroyed by each other, and this could even help blizz to balance between the specs about bufs nerfs and gameplay

I'd like it, itd be fun to watch as a less serious setting. I see some other MMOs do it and it seems to be well liked.

You can act like it'd be too unbalanced but the entirety of WoW is too unbalanced, what's another unbalanced setting.

As a Ret id love 1v1 arena, only Mages (or very good WW) will prob win vs Ret, but rest of specs should be 50/50 or easy for Ret to beat

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Replace Rogues with DH. Meta lasts long enough for the DH to be immortal while killing your ass. They really need to nerf its duration down to 10s max in arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    As a Ret id love 1v1 arena, only Mages (or very good WW) will prob win vs Ret, but rest of specs should be 50/50 or easy for Ret to beat
    As long its no DH its good for me, those suckers see way too far into my stealth, range to see stealthers should be cut in half. Currently they could see as far as 60y-120y in front of them, if there is a stealth unit, thats a serious problem because rogue is all about having the first hit. Tested this many times last night in the dalaran underbelly. their ability to always hit first is way more concerning me than their meta and leech stuff, thats all manageable. But hitting a stealthy class always first kinda breaks that class.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2016-12-06 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    As long its no DH its good for me, those suckers see way too far into my stealth, range to see stealthers should be cut in half. Currently they could see as far as 60y-120y in front of them, if there is a stealth unit, thats a serious problem because rogue is all about having the first hit. Tested this many times last night in the dalaran underbelly. their ability to always hit first is way more concerning me than their meta and leech stuff, thats all manageable. But hitting a stealthy class always first kinda breaks that class.
    Yep as a dh alt I 100% agree with stealth , in arena 1v1 vs rogue if I get him out of stealth it's game over, and I am mediocre dh at best.