Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    *cough*

Have you played classic?
    Yeah but you knew what you were working for.

Quote Originally Posted by Adjusting View Post
    That doesn't make it less of a grind.
    And apart from tradeskill mats/rep, everything was rng. Remember how bad farming resistances was? Remember farming patterns? GL farming lionheart helm pattern, because that's clearly possible.

I have no idea why you losers are all whining so much. To me, this expansion doesn't feel any more excessively "grindy" than the other ones. If anything, I'm actually having more fun and am playing more because the grind is so neatly packaged this time.

Did you play WoD ?
    Loging at 12 toons per days to send your follower on battle, do your profession cool down, click on you building profession, do kazzak then go to the Auction house ?
    The grind was serious

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Funny enough, WoTLK was the expansion where you sat down and mindlessly grinded currency to get gear, and it's not regarded as grindy.
    It was fast. I personally loved the ~15 minute dungeon steamrolls. Put on a tabard, boom, now you're geared and done with rep. Fabulous.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    It was fast. I personally loved the ~15 minute dungeon steamrolls. Put on a tabard, boom, now you're geared and done with rep. Fabulous.
    If you don't like actually playing the game, noone is forcing you to play it but yourself.
    I get that it must be rough to not be able to steamroll laughable content to fill your green rep bar, but bad systems get axed.

I now hate 5mans, and my alts!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Indeed, it was great for players who just wanted to raid. And it made it tolerable with pugs. I enjoy harder content with my guild/friends, but man, Pugs could get painful. WotLK dungeon spam got great because even with randoms, they were so easy that I could just skip the frustration of having people who didn't know how to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Adjusting View Post
    You know exactly what you're working for now.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Every MMORPG is a grind. That is its very nature.
    Apart from WoW in every prior expansion. Vanilla was grindy though but otherwise what you say is not true. Why? Because WoW previously had a weekly cap on character power progression, so not to incentivise pure grinding based progression. Of course now in Legion we have pure grinding based character power progression, something never seen before, not in any form since Vanilla anyway.

Previously skill was absolutely the biggest factor, time investment beyond initial char prep was not important because all power was gained through raiding. Now though it's the opposite, almost all power is gained outside of raids with no cap at all on weekly power progression, it's like a Diablo Paragon system almost where time investment effectively becomes more important than overall skill.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    It just occurred to me that maybe (a big fucking maybe in fact) legion is a grindy af expansion because of the fact that the (burning) legion is limitless and endless in numbers.
    Two words: Hydraxian Waterlords.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think this is grindy go play any other mmo, doesnt matter what one it is just pick one.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...kywall/rotomon
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and people's stupidity - though I am not entirely sure about the universe". -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Brood of Nozdormu.

You start at Hated and trash runs in AQ 40 get you to Friendly, after that it's boss drops at 1000 a piece. Plus it was gated behind the whole Gates of Ahn Qiraji thing. so you had to grind out ores and cloth and leathers and whatever else the NPCs asked for for weeks prior to them opening, then you or someone had to do the quest chain to open them, so that required grind out the 200 silithid carapace fragments in silithus, pretty sure you needed some Elementium ingots from BWL trash mobs for one of the quests, i think you had to do the world boss dragons all 4 emerald dragons, kill Ragnaros (which required certain rep levels with Hydraxian water lords so you could do the quests to get the stuff to put out the runes so you can do the bosses in MC, kill doctor weevil, all before you could start doing the rep grind for brood.

I did the quest chain in wrath after it was made a little easier, but damn.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    It just occurred to me that maybe (a big fucking maybe in fact) legion is a grindy af expansion because of the fact that the (burning) legion is limitless and endless in numbers.

Is this blizzards idea of a sick joke?
    Actually, that would be a valid explanation. And the part that it isn't really overly grindy. Experienced worse.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Overuse of the buzzword "rose tented goggles? Check.

There wasn't LFR in Cataclysm? Really now?... And LFR / Mythic+ is pretty much irrelevant. It used to be, Heroic Dungeons -> Raid. Yes, it was as simple as that. Having other paths does not magically decrease the time it takes to catch up, considering that once LFD came out, you could spam Heroics all day, even past their "once a day" limit. And then there's the argument for the catchup gear that could be bought from PvE currency, which eliminated some RNG.

But I'm starting to see your argument. You're basing your argument of how long it takes an alt to reach casual content, I am not, as I couldn't care less about casual content in terms of catchup, as your role doesn't really matter that much. I'm speaking of how long it takes your alt characters to be competitive with good players.

There's a reason why so many are dreading re-rolling for the guild in this expansion more so than other expansions.
    The reason Rose Tinted Goggles is so often used is because so many people fall prey to it. This being one of those many cases. If the shoe fits...

Did I say that LFR didn't exist in Cata? I didn't see that. I'm talking about the total package of LFR and Mythic+.

Some people (Not you, this part of the complaint is about others) bitch about Mythic+ because it's "so easy to get raid level gear" but then at the same time complain that it's so hard to get their Alts geared up.

I'm sorry, which is it?

Again, as somebody that leveled up several Alts in TBC, Wrath, Cata, and Legion. Legion has been far and away the easiest one. If I wanted to, this weekend I'd have both my raid-level alts in 860+ Gear and good to go for heroics and some mythic raiding content.

The ONLY valid complaint is AP. And again that issue which already is minor, is about to become a huge non-issue in 7.1.5

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Funny enough, WoTLK was the expansion where you sat down and mindlessly grinded currency to get gear, and it's not regarded as grindy.
    Thank you! Somebody else that remembers.

I loved WotLK. It's still my favorite expansion with beautiful dungeon and raid design (and a host of other virtues I have extolled elsewhere), but it was definitely just as grindy (and for the most part even more so) than it is now.

- - - Updated - - -

YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!!!!

I'm sorry.... I'm sorry... just a tiny little triggered flashback there... I'm okay now.

;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Them, and the Brood.. *shudders*
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Why? Oh why did you bring them up? Now I'll have to spend the weekend in the fetal position trying not to have flashbacks to that nightmare

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    I remember all of those.

NEITHER was as grindy as Legion. Why? Becuase in Legion there is never, ever an end in sight to the grind. There is always more AP to grind, better legendaries to have. Always. And they keep adding new ones, and new traits, and require you do do higher M+ for weekly chests, and onward it goes, without limit.

So yeah, Legion is by far the most grind-heavy expansion, all other you had goals you could reach, here you only have Blizz moving the goal posts away so you need to grind again, and harder, and more.
    So your complaint is that they keep adding content?

Ya I hate logging on my main and having stuff to do, I preferred Cata when I only logged on for raids and afked in SW, or in WoD when I only logged on for raids and my garrison, or only logged on for the daily heroic and raids in WoTLK, or when I only logged in for raids and the daily scenario like MoP.

Having more content for mains means less time for alts, which is a good thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    No, my complaint is that there are NO CAPS to things like AP and that you get raid-equivalent gear from outside raids, and that you get Best in Slot items through SHEER LUCK, which forces raiders that care about progression into endless grinds.

Simple, eh?
    Well, there are soft caps in AP where it's just not worth it anymore to bother... at least not until the next patch drops.

I don't see the problem of getting raid equivalent gear from equally hard (and in same cases significantly tougher) 5 man Mythic+ content. Which isn't a grind, but merely just an alternative kind of content. Alternative content actually mean there's more options for how to gear and thus less of a singular repetitive grind.

The legendary system... okay, you have a valid point there. That is a grindy mess.