Page 1 of 2
LastLast

This has been bugging me: The Four Horsemen

Under whose control are the new Four Horsemen? Bolvar's or the player DK's? I'd say the player's: On the Corrupted Ashbringer line, when you go to Acherus to talk to the Four Horsemen, the chick says "By the Deathlord" or something like that - not by the Lich King or something. I'm not sure if that's a clue but it bugged me the moment I saw that.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Its impossible to say at the moment. From various things (like for instance fire mage artifact quest) we know bolvar really isn't good person, and all horsemen appeared to be surprisingly content with becoming one. The real question is, are players truly free willed or is bolvar asking them if would they kindly do something.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Well, unless Bolvar lied to Mograine, the Horsemen and the Ebon Blade are all under their own control. Also, I doubt the Corrupted Ashbringer is going to be canon lore.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Well, unless Bolvar lied to Mograine, the Horsemen and the Ebon Blade are all under their own control. Also, I doubt the Corrupted Ashbringer is going to be canon lore.
    That's what everyone thinks but it might turn out the other way, as Maxwell drops the line of "Darion, you owe us one", implying he's talking of the Light's Hope assault.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    That's what everyone thinks but it might turn out the other way, as Maxwell drops the line of "Darion, you owe us one", implying he's talking of the Light's Hope assault.
    It might, hence my doubt.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It might, hence my doubt.
    Well on another note, why doesn't the player Pala just freakin' murder everybody on Acherus, given the chance, after all the shit that went down in Light's Hope. I mean forgive and forget etc. but there has to be a limit. Even if Liadrin survived, there were guards that were killed, and the player retribution Paladin just lets it slide.

inb4 the pally couldn't have killed em all; as a paladin (or a paladin in D&D roots) you don't really pick and choose the fights - I know WoW paladinhood is a bit more complicated, but still. Shoulda at least tried something. I dunno man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Ostensibly they serve the Deathlord (e.g. the player character), who was the person that raised them. The ability itself was granted to the player by the Lich King, but apparently doesn't apply a trenchant bond between Horsemen and Lich King. Unless there is more going on behind the scenes in that interplay of power, but I don't think we can conclusively know that unless it becomes a plot point later on.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Well on another note, why doesn't the player Pala just freakin' murder everybody on Acherus, given the chance, after all the shit that went down in Light's Hope. I mean forgive and forget etc. but there has to be a limit. Even if Liadrin survived, there were guards that were killed, and the player retribution Paladin just lets it slide.

inb4 the pally couldn't have killed em all; as a paladin (or a paladin in D&D roots) you don't really pick and choose the fights - I know WoW paladinhood is a bit more complicated, but still. Shoulda at least tried something. I dunno man.
    Story-wise, the class campaigns have literally just ended. Until they're continued in 7.2 it's impossible to say what the Ret Pally PC is going to do.

We have no idea they attacked our class hall yet. Ours ended with us helping the priests in their class hall and that's where it left off. So while we were gone, shit went down and that's where the class hall campaign ended.

We don't know they attacked us yet, Lore wise. That's why a lot of people are speculating about what the continuation of the story is going to be like and if they're going to have us retaliate or something.

Class wars would be pretty cool. I'd love to have some conflict in the Plaguelands again. Seems like Blizzard has forgotten that the Plaguelands are actually dangerous, especially with us sending all our Silver Hand underlings to the Broken Isles all the time.

Paladins and Death Knights fighting over Stratholme would be cool. Like, to the DK's, it's an opportunity to seize a ton of undead to control and use against the Scourge, like the warlocks took over a bunch of demons, and have a very fortified position highly suited to their magics and needs.

While to the paladins, they want to cleanse the biggest cesspool of Scourge corruption in all of Lordaeron, as the first step to cleansing the Eastern Plaguelands like how they've made some headway into cleansing the Western Plaguelands.

That would be awesome. Paladins get Tyr's Hand as their big city, and Light's Hope as a smaller base, while DK's get Stratholme as a big city and Acherus as their smaller base.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2016-12-03 at 08:06 PM.

I wouldn't be surprised if the story ends up being that the DKs actually kill no one at light's hope. At best injure those that resisted but held back against everyone except Liadrin who had that ace up her sleeve tricking the DKs into being attacked by the light for doing what essentially was necessary.

They are loyald to the ebon blade but for some different reason,
    -Nazgrim seems that he prefer live as a damned undead to get back to the nothing
    -Trollbane because his son murdered and now that he learns what happened to his people decide to take this chance to at least do 1 right thing
    -Whitemane want to avoid the shadowland/void hell she went like sylvanas so he willing to serve the ebon blade and avenge her fallen orden
    -Darion well he was serving the ebon blade before been "raised again with more power" but this one occasion kinda give me the feel that is being controlling by Bolvar

and that's how you get disgraced by the light as a paladin.

Paladin are supposed to be soemthing more than just light imbued warriors trying to get even while dispensing their idea of justice.

Granted paladin in wow have turned out a tad different over the years and may actually just be magically imbued warriors now.

Deleted
    They serve Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are under no one's control, they are loyal to the PC death knight by choice and by proxy the Lich King.

That said, one does wonder why the Ebon Blade were so quick to trust Bolvar considering he's currently possessed by their former arch nemesis. Something's not quite right.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    Class wars would be pretty cool. I'd love to have some conflict in the Plaguelands again. Seems like Blizzard has forgotten that the Plaguelands are actually dangerous
    I dunno man. I very recently leveled through both WPL and EPL and both have this strong message that their time of death and danger is almost over, and that the Argent Crusade and Cenarion Circle cleansing the land is inevitable.

Bolvar re-corrupting the land would be mighty irritating to me.

Deleted
    I am a role player, and my paladin is very hostile towards death knights right now almost to a sick degree at times as she took the assault very personally.

That said, if we have a continuation to the Light's Hope story in 7.2 where the hostility carries on, I will be content. If we didn't, there is no telling what my paladin would still feel in character.

Personally, I expect that we'll be "wrapping up" the whole Bolvar/Lich King thing in an order hall quest, during this expansion. One possibility is that we'll come to blows with him (with a strong "we'll never be like that again" theme) and another is that we might just get to explore his motivations in a bit more depth. Psychotic but well-meaning protector of Azeroth? Revenge-obsessed madman, driven by a small part of the Legion-hating past Lich Kings that might be in his brain? Just a flat-out Lich King 2.0 who wants to bring all of Azeroth into the Scourge? That's one thing that Blizzard could easily explore, and the most straightforward way of doing it is as a part of the DK story right now.

Dont forget bolvar is a tough guy, not some palladin wannabee like little arthas, so, who knows what is going on with him being possessed or maybe taking the lich king powers as an extension of his own will...
    And the scourge should have stopped in wpl/epl after wotlk since bolvar controls them...right?!

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    They are under no one's control, they are loyal to the PC death knight by choice and by proxy the Lich King.

That said, one does wonder why the Ebon Blade were so quick to trust Bolvar considering he's currently possessed by their former arch nemesis. Something's not quite right.
    Bolvar is not possessing by nobody, maybe the helm have a evil influence because of the remains energies of the previous users like ner'zhul and arthas, we know this because when we "clean" frostmourne we saw echoes of ner'zhul and arthas and we have to eliminate them to get a full control of the blade so the same thing might be the same in the helm of domination and more later in the 7.2 maybe is one of the points to get fully control of the scourge and bolvar don't have any energies interfering in his job