Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't know if this is verified or fake news but.... http://reverbpress.com/business/carr...ump-damn-liar/

According to that Carrier isn't going to ship out jobs but it is doing massive lay offs and keeping the subsidies.
    Yeah, that's what's been reported, The number is 800 (union *lol* damn those evil unions) jobs that are supposedly going to stay. Everyone else is gone. Trump, if he did do anything, didn't create any jobs here. He caused less to leave. Which puts his job creation rate in the negatives. Less negative than before, but still negative. He really shouldn't be bragging about this.

It's great and awesome for those employees, but it really is hypocritical for those people cheering Trump to be criticizing Obama for "slowest recovery" At least he has a net gain. This is a net loss of jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    The problem here is that it really wouldn't change anything. Even if these measures existed, do you think the people who vote party down the line (both sides) would suddenly care?
    You don't make them accountable to the people, you declare them ineligible for office for violating it. (In this instance, voting on a bill they haven't read). The people could then elect someone new.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Well if you want some more tin foil hat, I think most of the politicians don't bother with reading or writing any of the laws they vote on. Source: every politician who talks about it. They have assistants who work with lobbyists who "sort everything out." It's a real cozy relationship.
    I can't remember which Congress person said this on air one time. He stated they don't read the bills. Yeah lobbyist make the fucking bills. This is why Trumpsters just got fed up. I do believe the argument that quite a few Trump voters say they don't believe in Trumps campaign promises. They just want to burn the shit down.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't make them accountable to the people, you declare them ineligible for office for violating it. (In this instance, voting on a bill they haven't read). The people could then elect someone new.
    Trump has this supposed bill that Congress people cannot become a lobbyist for 5 years. Sounds great, but we know there would be so many ways around this, no way it would have any effect.

Which brings me to my little rant about regulation. We wouldn't need all the regulation, if people and businesses chose not find every fucking angle to go around it. My rant that its always government's fault but never falls on the business or people who abuse the system.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    I can't remember which Congress person said this on air one time. He stated they don't read the bills. Yeah lobbyist make the fucking bills. This is why Trumpsters just got fed up. I do believe the argument that quite a few Trump voters say they don't believe in Trumps campaign promises. They just want to burn the shit down.
    I've seen dozens of interviews of reporters asking the equivalent of "have you read the bill?" And the response from the politicians is always "Are you fucking crazy? Of course not." I think the most famous recent example is Nancy Pelosi's argument for Obamacare that we have to pass it to find out what's in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump has this supposed bill that Congress people cannot become a lobbyist for 5 years. Sounds great, but we know there would be so many ways around this, no way it would have any effect.

Which brings me to my little rant about regulation. We wouldn't need all the regulation, if people and businesses chose not find every fucking angle to go around it. My rant that its always government's fault but never falls on the business or people who abuse the system.
    It's not a bill, it's a document he makes his staffers sign, and it has nothing to do with congress. Violation of the document would be a civil matter, but the DoJ would be the plaintiff.

This is the way I see it: A lot of regulation starts as a public outcry to fix a problem in an industry, an then the response is "OK, let's do something about this now." But then what they do is ask the companies in the industry to design the law, and they design it as a barrier to competition rather than protection for the consumer. The process is distorted from beginning to end by financial incentive.

Sometimes regulation starts as an outcry from private interest, like the DMCA and SOPA, "technological" regulation and telecommunications regulation; and then the conflict of interest is much worse. Corporate and government interest aligns against the public interest and there is no release valve.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I really don't know what a viable solution to lobbying even would be or how we could go about making that happen, but unfortunately I do think it's important.

- - - Updated - - -

Additionally when I talk about a system where politicians stop voting on laws they don't read, I also imagine they could choose to abstain just as they do now.
    Last edited by Daerio; 2016-12-02 at 07:04 PM.

You're ignoring my point which was that if the senators were required to read the laws they would be less verbose.
    I'm not ignoring it. I was being kind by not calling it what it is; stupid.

yeah and where do you think those tax breaks will come from?

since it's a republican controlled area I'm going to guess education and other public services

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    yeah and where do you think those tax breaks will come from?

since it's a republican controlled area I'm going to guess education and other public services
    This reads like your starting point is that all money belongs to the government, and any tax cuts are some sort of theft of that. Is that how you really feel?

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    It's not a bill, it's a document he makes his staffers sign, and it has nothing to do with congress. Violation of the document would be a civil matter, but the DoJ would be the plaintiff.
    I am a lobbyi...err an Advisor...

- - - Updated - - -

This reads like your starting point is that all money belongs to the government, and any tax cuts are some sort of theft of that. Is that how you really feel?
    No, that's just your poor reading comprehension. We have programs in place that require funding, if said funding is cut - which programs get cut? It's a legitimate question. But you ramble on about theft? Weird. Bigly weird.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

In this scenario tax breaks are being given to a company at the expense of taxpaying citizens. In order to balance the books, local and state government will have to make cuts. Whatever the community keeps in job pay will be lost in other areas. Less funding for schools, infrastructure, etc...
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2016-12-02 at 09:13 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blur4stuff View Post
    in this scenario tax breaks are being given to a company at the expense of taxpaying citizens. In order to balance the books, local and state government will have to make cuts. Whatever the community keeps in job pay will be lost in other areas. Less funding for schools, infrastructure, etc...
    but look at the jobs!

300 Carrier Jobs Trump Touts for Indiana Were Never Moving to Mexico

Sources familiar with the deal announced late Wednesday confirmed to ABC News that 800 jobs at the Carrier facility in Indianapolis would remain, but that 600 would still be outsourced to Mexico. The company had announced in February that the factory, which employs 1,400 workers to produce furnaces and furnace parts, would shut down operations over the next three years.

Carrier intends to retain 300 white-collar positions -- such as research and headquarters operations -- in Indianapolis, but those jobs were never going to Mexico.
    Does not look as great as it was when first announced.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/1...italism-232139
    Holy Shit, Sarah Palin opposes the Carrier deal.
    And why wouldnt she?

She is pro Free Market. What Trump is doing is Crony Capitalism with a pinch of bribery.
    Surprised so far that the rest of the party is silent. You think they would be siding about it since it is the same thing Obama did with the Bailouts and Green Energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    And why wouldnt she?

She is pro Free Market. What Trump is doing is Crony Capitalism with a pinch of bribery.
    Surprised so far that the rest of the party is silent. You think they would be siding about it since it is the same thing Obama did with the Bailouts and Green Energy.
    Why are you surprised at all? The last Republican president started war that cost trillions of dollars and the Republicans used it as an opportunity to dump massive amounts of money into contractors.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Why are you surprised at all? The last Republican president started war that cost trillions of dollars and the Republicans used it as an opportunity to dump massive amounts of money into contractors.
    And then blamed the successor for not cleaning up the mess fast enough.

Just need to laugh at the fact that it was 800 jobs, but the Trump team apparently didn't think that sounded good enough, so they just lie and said 1100.

Apparently we're not going to just be able to believe a single thing this administration says since they have to apparently lie about something for no apparent reason other than to make himself look good.

Guess she didn't get that Cabinet Position.

Struggling to stay relevant when her 15 minutes has already passed her by. Just like Jill Stein.