Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 0bsessions View Post
    I love that they do this. Such a no brainer for those of us who can afford to give.
    "Afford"
    10 EUR/25 EUR.

As far as I can tell, the 10 EUR one if 100% donated, while the 25 EUR is not. Meaning, Blizzard tries to make money on charity, meaning I'm not buying them from Blizzard even though I initially wanted the first one. " sales of the the plush will benefit Make-A-Wish ".

I do this because I don't condone companies using charity for sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    If anybody finds something wrong with a charitable cause then they have issues. Especially when it's for seriously ill kids.
    The article for Argi's donation to ARC in support of Ebola relief is a good example. The comments on there were a complete shitstorm. There was also some complaining about the Fey Dragon/Alterac Brew Pup Make-A-Wish donation. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised though as a lot of the community site is full of toxicity.

People just like making snide asshole remarks or demonizing Blizzard wherever possible.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2016-12-02 at 09:46 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't see the monkey in the escape pod. Is the monkey ok, guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    "Afford"
    10 EUR/25 EUR.

As far as I can tell, the 10 EUR one if 100% donated, while the 25 EUR is not. Meaning, Blizzard tries to make money on charity, meaning I'm not buying them from Blizzard even though I initially wanted the first one. " sales of the the plush will benefit Make-A-Wish ".

It's fine if you don't want to donate — you don't have to make excuses. This is Blizzard: they would have made the sales, regardless; and it's safe to assume that a sizable portion of the sale price of the plushie is going toward charity. (Probably $10 of the $25.)

10+ Year Old Account
    All of the in-game pet goes to charity until December 31st. 14 of the 25 for the plush goes to Make a Wish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaaaaaaand adopted.

- - - Updated - - -

"Afford"
    10 EUR/25 EUR.

You're looking at this too cynically. They could have easily put this cat up for 10$ and kept all of the profits like they do for most of their in game pets/mounts.

This one, they are donating all of it to charity for a limited time. I actually used this time to buy it and like knowing that the $10 I paid will be going to help a sick child realize their dream.

If you don't want to donate through Blizz and get a cool pet while you're at it, then you could always just donate directly to the charity of your choice, which will also be good.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hach View Post
    It's fine if you don't want to donate — you don't have to make excuses. This is Blizzard: they would have made the sales, regardless; and it's safe to assume that a sizable portion of the sale price of the plushie is going toward charity. (Probably $10 of the $25.)
    I donate, however I don't support companies using "Charity" for their own interests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    You're looking at this too cynically. They could have easily put this cat up for 10$ and kept all of the profits like they do for most of their in game pets/mounts.

This one, they are donating all of it to charity for a limited time. I actually used this time to buy it and like knowing that the $10 I paid will be going to help a sick child realize their dream.

If you don't want to donate through Blizz and get a cool pet while you're at it, then you could always just donate directly to the charity of your choice, which will also be good.
    Again, if you read. I said.. I don't condone companies using charity as a tool for increased profits/sales.
    Again. What I do with my money is up to me and none of your concern. However, I don't donate to feel good about myself, or be rewarded. I donate to support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, if you read. I said.. I don't condone companies using charity as a tool for increased profits/sales.
    Again. What I do with my money is up to me and none of your concern. However, I don't donate to feel good about myself, or be rewarded. I donate to support.
    If 100% of the sales is going to charity, then why would you care? If anything, I'd want them to sell as much as possible. Put your money where your mouth is and donate to charity rather than making holier-than-thou comments on something that is providing the Make-A-Wish foundation tens of thousands of dollars.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-12-02 at 10:32 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

I donate, however I don't support companies using "Charity" for their own interests.
    Blizzard have been doing this stuff for years... 100% of the profit from the in-game pet goes to charity, and more people will buy the in-game pet as opposed to the plushie.

That awkward moment when pet from the Blizzard shop gets more attention from Blizzard than actual class balance in WoW.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If 100% of the sales is going to charity, then why would you care? If anything, I'd want them to sell as much as possible. Put your money where your mouth is and donate to charity rather than making holier-than-thou comments on something that is providing the Make-A-Wish foundation tens of thousands of dollars.
    Are they? It said 100% for the 10 EUR one, not for the 25 EUR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Glomp View Post
    Blizzard have been doing this stuff for years... 100% of the profit from the in-game pet goes to charity, and more people will buy the in-game pet as opposed to the plushie.
    Yes, but it still increases the sales of the 25 EUR. And using charity to promote it is the worst kind of promotion (it works but still despicable).
    Anyway. If you donate and expect something in return such as feeling good afterwards or a pet then lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    If anybody finds something wrong with a charitable cause then they have issues. Especially when it's for seriously ill kids.
    our server (dentarg and whisperwind)
    has a guy in trade chat who idk how has become like a idol of some sort
    and i remember the christmas the goat pet came out
    he was saying that blizzard are filthy liars, and all the money they make off it they keep and they give none to charity
    when we told him he could go and see the transaction to the charity when it goes through he said then blizzard simply lies and keeps 90% of the money for themselves
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Pssst, you don't have to buy the plush if you don't want to. Get the 10$ one and have all of it go to charity.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    That awkward moment when pet from the Blizzard shop gets more attention from Blizzard than actual class balance in WoW.
    Because they've put out a single pet in the last year...? Are people really so desperate to complain?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pssst, you don't have to buy the plush if you don't want to. Get the 10$ one and have all of it go to charity.
    I'll stop replying to this thread after this.

Using "Charity" as a marketing strategy is despicable and I don't support that. Again, my morals. Pretty undervalued moral, but that's the only way you get rid of the people that use "Charity" for their own good.

Which makes perfect sense...The 10 EUR one is a digital item which effectively costs Blizzard nothing (aside from artist time) to give you while the 25 EUR is a physical, manufactured item that costs something to make. It isn't unrealistic for Blizzard to have some of the money sent back to them so that they can balance the costs of buying all the plushes themselves. If they are indeed profiting from it then that would be pretty corrupt but if it is being done to balance what they are spending to manufacture the item and likely to pay the artist(s) who created it then they are just serving as a vehicle for charity money.

There is no evidence here that they are using it as a marketing strategy and not a charity device.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Because they've put out a single pet in the last year...? Are people really so desperate to complain?
    That was a joke. Deal with it and stop complaining.

In the end it comes down to whether you want the pet or not with that little bonus of 'charity'. Personally I'd rather donate directly rather than give multi million dollar companies tax writeoffs from them taking advantage of the word 'charity' and in the end get to write off my own taxes.

Oh good, another pay-to-win battle pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    That was a joke. Deal with it and stop complaining.
    Point being that it was a poor one. Well done, though.