Page 1 of 44
... LastLast

Trump just pissed off Beijing in a major way

Almost feels like I am documenting the build up to world war 3 at this point in this thread.

Source: http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/02/donal...iwan-call.html

So yeah Trump just managed to piss on 40 years of US policy, piss off Beijing, and it was probably on accident....

Donald Trump risks opening up a major diplomatic dispute with China before he has even been inaugurated after speaking on the telephone on Friday with Tsai Ing-wen, the president of Taiwan.

The call, confirmed by four people, is believed to be the first between a US president or president-elect and a leader of Taiwan since diplomatic relations between the two were cut in 1979.

Although it is not clear if the Trump transition team intended the conversation to signal a broader change in US policy towards Taiwan, the call is likely to infuriate Beijing which regards the island as a renegade province.

UPDATE 12/4/2016

Source: http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/04/donal...ea-debate.html

All I got to say is holy fuck. China might have written off the first thing with Taiwan as a fluke. Trump just declared a trade war and called China a currency manipulator. China is absolutely going to fucking lose it.

You guys have no idea how insane this is about to get

Did China ask us if it was OK to devalue their currency (making it hard for our companies to compete), heavily tax our products going into..
    their country (the U.S. doesn't tax them) or to build a massive military complex in the middle of the South China Sea? I don't think so!
    Update 12/12/2016

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/12/politi...ion/index.html

China's response was measured but clear: co-operation with the US "would be out of the question" if Trump doesn't adhere to the 'one China' policy -- a cornerstone of bilateral relations since the establishment of diplomatic ties in the 1970s.
    Update #2 12/12/2016

Source: http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/12/fiori...adversary.html

Carly Fiorina, who is reportedly under consideration to be Donald Trump's director of national intelligence, met with the president-elect Monday and said the pair discussed China as "probably our most important adversary."

Well, it's not like US-China tensions weren't broadcast for years at this point... even during Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Source: http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/02/donal...iwan-call.html

So yeah Trump just managed to piss on 40 years of US policy, piss off Beijing, and it was probably on accident....
    I hope China is pissed. They need us more than we need them.

China has already been shitting on us anyway.

What is china? A high school freshman chick? Pissed because someone talked to someone else on the phone ? Get the fuck over it already.
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I myself didn't see any info on what was said, or what even the conversation was about. So I'm going to assume it was something about how our jobs are being outsourced to China and Trump's like "Hey, we're bringing them back to our country."

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    What is china? A high school freshman chick? Pissed because someone talked to someone else on the phone ? Get the fuck over it already.
    Yes a nuclear armed high school freshman that owns all of our manufacturing and owns 10% of our debt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I hope China is pissed. They need us more than we need them.
    Do u really believe what u say?

The fuck is this? Middle School? China butthurt because the president elect made a freaking phone call. Our world is fucked man. We have people in major world power throwing tantrums over phone calls while we carry nukes everywhere... You'd think these people would learn to have more patience and understanding with each other but I guess Asian culture really is big on their honor. Taiwan is effectively a slap in the face of their honor so it makes sense that way... but c'mon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    As i was typing it out... lol

There is a time and place to pick this fight with China. I'm all for a confrontational approach with China - at the other end of a coordinated strategy that limits their opions. A sloppy slap to the face gets us nothing.

This happened because Trump, knowing jack-all about the world and ignoring the State Department, didn't know any better.

Trumpkins pretending this is anything other than a monumental screw up at this point are being beyond nakedly dishonest. Spoiler Alert: it's okay for "your guy" to screw up and you to call him on it.

Still, causing a major international incident in less than 30 days of becoming President-elect has got to be some kind of record. As I've been saying, what will do in Trump will be an accident. He'll screw up so badly, and not even realize he did it until it's too late. This is a preview.

Deleted
    who cares, chinese governing is a total joke - It's basically a modernised version of kapitalism, with all the bad elements of capitalism in there somehow.

China will implode with violence before it will explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekobe140 View Post
    Well I myself didn't see any info on what was said, or what even the conversation was about. So I'm going to assume it was something about how our jobs are being outsourced to China and Trump's like "Hey, we're bringing them back to our country."
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/02/politi...wan/index.html

"During the discussion, they noted the close economic, political, and security ties exists between Taiwan and the United States. President-elect Trump also congratulated President Tsai on becoming President of Taiwan earlier this year."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekobe140 View Post
    More like "We're moving our jobs from China to Taiwan" since he was on the phone with Taiwan after all and China doesn't like them. Remember how much of your stuff is "made in Taiwan" including Trump's own line of ties, suits and other clothing accessories.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Yes a nuclear armed high school freshman that owns all of our manufacturing and owns 10% of our debt.

Exactly and when China decides enough is enough already USA will crash and burn from within due to all those unfunded taxcuts that had to be financed with loans from China

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    There is a time and place to pick this fight with China. I'm all for a confrontational approach with China - at the other end of a coordinated strategy that limits their opions. A sloppy slap to the face gets us nothing.

This happened because Trump, knowing jack-all about the world and ignoring the State Department, didn't know any better.

Trumpkins pretending this is anything other than a monumental screw up at this point are being beyond nakedly dishonest. Spoiler Alert: it's okay for "your guy" to screw up and you to call him on it.

Still, causing a major international incident in less than 30 days of becoming President-elect has got to be some kind of record. As I've been saying, what will do in Trump will be an accident. He'll screw up so badly, and not even realize he did it until it's too late. This is a preview.
    This might be "screwing up" in politics but China is honestly being a little bitch about this. Who cares about a phone call? Why does it even matter. China is so obsessed with their own honor that anybody who even talks to the leaders in Taiwan is immediately deemed to be unforgivable? Forget this nonsense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

Think he'll make any impeachment-worthy fuck-ups before 2020? How much do Republicans want to deal with Pence as pres?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    This might be "screwing up" in politics but China is honestly being a little bitch about this. Who cares about a phone call? Why does it even matter. China is so obsessed with their own honor that anybody who even talks to the leaders in Taiwan is immediately deemed to be unforgivable? Forget this nonsense.
    You can think it's silly. Doesn't change the fact that Trump pissed off China. You can think it's a dumb reason. China is still pissed off, and saying "fuck it" from a nobody means nothing when it comes to international politics.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Democratically elected leader calls democratically elected leader, reds get pissy. Trump can talk to whomever he wants. The United States does not answer to China.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/02/politi...wan/index.html

"During the discussion, they noted the close economic, political, and security ties exists between Taiwan and the United States. President-elect Trump also congratulated President Tsai on becoming President of Taiwan earlier this year."
    Ahh there it is -- thanks.

This is all because China has been treated like a special snowflake for some 50 years. Hey guess what? Taiwan exists.

We import enough of their cheaply made crap. They will be OK.