South Korea Passes Law to Punish Creators of Cheats in Overwatch and other Games

https://pvplive.net/c/south-korea-pa...punish-hack-ma

TL;DR: If South Korea catches you making or distributing cheats/hacks/mods for a game that violates it's ToS, you can get up to 5 years jail time or $43,000 in fines.

I knew South Koreans were serious about gaming, but I had no idea that they were this serious!

What if you find an exploit but don't tell them and use it?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    What if you find an exploit but don't tell them and use it?
    As to my understanding, you would not get in trouble, as you neither created the exploit nor distributed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    As to my understanding, you would not get in trouble, as you neither created the exploit nor distributed it.
    Thought so. But yeah dude South Korea is serious about gaming. I've been there and it's insane how dedicated to competitive gaming some people are. Especially in Seoul. Played against some guy who absolutely thrashed me with is Zerg plays in SC2 over there and well I became less of a man.

7+ Year Old Account
    If we are ever to enforce a level playing field in any competitive environment, this is an awesome start in the right direction. Sadly, unless more countries allign to this type of action, hack/mod authors will find a way to share/host/produce their products in other countries.

Koreans take their gaming very seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Koreans take their gaming very seriously...
    Dude I'm pretty good at SC2 and like I said I was made mincemeat of over there.

Faith in humanity restored a little
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.