Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Movie] The Mummy (2017)

SJWs won again... they made the mummy a mummy.

The fuck is it with all these reboots recently? Leave good movies alone and stop tainting them. Ben-Hur has already suffered from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Isn't this all part of some big shared monster universe for Universal? The one that includes that Dracula movie from a couple years back...
    They will need to reboot the Dracula movie. I heard it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... Did they replace Brendan Fraser with Tom Cruise?

Isn't this all part of some big shared monster universe for Universal? The one that includes that Dracula movie from a couple years back...
    Just pisses me off is all. Newest Ben-Hur was garbage. It was an insult to the Charlton Heston version and it's not just nostalgia talking.

Pretty high on my list of movies that really don't need a reboot.

I'm assuming this is intended as a "reboot" of the 1999 Brendan Fraser Mummy? Or a re-reboot of the old Universal Mummy? Or just another movie with the title "the Mummy"?

Ugh, and it's Tom Cruise too.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    SJWs won again... they made the mummy a mummy.
    So every single time a movie recasts a character as female now we're going to have an "SJW" tantrum? Ugh.

As if they didn't do that so they could put a hot chick on the poster anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Neither movie is all that entertaining.
    Really? I think some of Hestons earlier movies are his best. Especially Ben-Hur and The Ten Commandments. Touch of Evil was quite good as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    The movie will be good or bad regardless of whether the mummy is male or female.

Given Universal's recent track record with their monster movies, I'm going with "bad."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Dracula Untold? Didn't look good, though I haven't seen it so I shouldn't really pass judgement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Really? I think some of Hestons earlier movies are his best. Especially Ben-Hur and The Ten Commandments. Touch of Evil was quite good as well.
    Planet of the Apes was his best IMO :P

- - - Updated - - -

The fuck is it with all these reboots recently?
    Brand recognition = guaranteed funding and revenue. Sad state of the film industry for the last 20+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Dracula Untold? Didn't look good, though I haven't seen it so I shouldn't really pass judgement.

- - - Updated - - -

Planet of the Apes was his best IMO :P

- - - Updated - - -

Brand recognition = guaranteed funding and revenue. Sad state of the film industry for the last 20+ years.
    When it comes to horror only one company did it justice. Hammer. And a lot of those silent German horror films were pretty cool.

The fuck is it with all these reboots recently? Leave good movies alone and stop tainting them. Ben-Hur has already suffered from it.
    Because Hollywood would rather spend their money on a proven property that people already know instead of risking money on a new idea that no one does.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    This, incidentally is why we get characters reimagined as a different gender or race.

It's not because of SJWs, its because it's easier to rebrand a known character than try and succeed with a new one.

Yes Universal is doing a shared monster universe, but even though Dracula Untold was Universal, it doesn't appear to be part of the shared universe series.

Except we know that's not true as they make original movies every year.
    It is true; the amount of reboots, spinoffs, adaptations, and sequels (in other words, works based upon preexisting works) far outweighs original films. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_7604782.html

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I'll likely watch it, just because Tom Cruise is usually in some pretty good movies, I'll give him that.
    Fun fact: Tom Cruise's teeth are slightly off-center. Once you see it you can never unsee.

If they do and the SJW have their way it will be a BI-Racial Transgender Dracula who either loves a non-average Hollywood beauty woman or a god like Thor man.

When it comes to horror only one company did it justice. Hammer. And a lot of those silent German horror films were pretty cool.
    I haven't seen enough renditions of the Mummy to judge the best, but I do love those old Hammer movies.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Fun fact: Tom Cruise's teeth are slightly off-center. Once you see it you can never unsee.
    Oh wow. Yep, that's not unsee-able.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    If they do and the SJW have their way it will be a BI-Racial Transgender Dracula who either loves a non-average Hollywood beauty woman or a god like Thor man.
    Honestly I'd rather watch that than another dull "reimagining" of an old public domain book/film/fairytale.

Deleted
    Just pisses me off is all. Newest Ben-Hur was garbage. It was an insult to the Charlton Heston version and it's not just nostalgia talking.
    Forgot all about that one, didn't bother to even see it n still won't.

- - - Updated - - -

The original? You mean The Mummy(1932)?
    Does it have a good soundtrack? All old movies usually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    ... Did they replace Brendan Fraser with Tom Cruise?
    This is supposed to be based off the 1932 Mummy, not the Brendan Fraser Mummy.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Well, the Brendan Fraser Mummy is also based off of the 1932 Mummy. The Mummy franchise has quite a few movies.
    it just wouldn't be the mummy without brendan fraser. that kids due for a comeback and soon.
    Hi