Thread: No Man's Sky

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So you have proof that it was a lie at the time?
    Nobody has proof of anything at the time, because nobody outside of Hello Games really had their hands on it.

The fact remains that he confirmed multiplayer multiple times. Any reasonable person would assume that means that it will be in at launch. The lack of a comment from them stating that the feature had been pulled is them lying either due to their omission of crucial and important information, or because there never was multiplayer and Sean was just going completely nuts.

FYI, that's why developers generally don't put devs in front of camera's and answering interview questions until they're media trained. And if they're going on-air for a TV spot? You bet your ass they're going to get hours of drilling from communications folks specifically to avoid what Sean did throughout the pre-launch campaign.

Or only that it was a lie when compared to the launch version? That is what I am saying and why I said to be fair because his launch day statement on what the game is didn't included any mentions of multiplayer.
    Compared to the launch version? Literally everything he was talking about in interviews was about the "launch version" of the game that was in development. What the fuck are you going on about "launch version"?

Also, his "response" to player asking him about it on launch day of, "WOW, SO MANY PEOPLE PLAYING! MY MIND IS BLOWN! SO INCREDIBLE!" followed by roughly 6 months of complete silence on that topic, or any other, from himself and his studio despite tons of questions, many about the multiplayer, from fans and media.

No that isn't lying. It is being a jerk but not telling anyone you cut something doesn't make it a lie if it was true when you made the original claims.
    Yeah...it does. Because you said it existed, people purchased the game under the impression that it existed, but you neglected to ever tell consumers that anything had changed. So consumers bought it expecting multiplayer and found that they'd been lied to by Sean repeatedly.

If you say you have $100 then spend $20 of it does that make you a liar for saying you had $100?
    No, but if I'm saying that I'll have $100 on December 1 of 2017, and I spend all of 2017 responding to questions about whether or not I would have that $100 on December 1, 2017 confirming that yes, I will, and then December 1, 2017 comes and I only have $80, then no matter what happens I've lied. Doesn't matter if I had to use $20 to save my life, my failure to tell people who believed what I was telling them for 11 months straight means that I spent that time lying.

There has never been any proof that Sean Murray (or anyone from HG) lied about a form of multiplayer being in some versions of the game.
    Except roughly a years worth of interviews where they confirmed a game feature would be in the game at launch, and it was not in there at launch.

Provide proof that at the time those comments were made that NMS had no multiplayer functions at all? Are you privy to the coding branches? No you are not. Hello Games definitely botched the details, marketing, and launch of NMS. But that doesn't automatically make Sean Murray a liar if the game actually had those elements in a development build when he made them. Or that they planned on still finishing it in time.
    *sigh*

I give up. Believe whatever fantasy you want, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Still I'm guessing people will still go for "Oh but they just might have removed the multiplayer code!", it's like trying to prove that god doesn't exist, don’t waste too much time on it.

@Edge- roflmao xD
    I'm not, I just find it funny and sad that the same people defending this will trash any other company for less.

"The Last Guardian Gets Delayed" and those people are ready to burn shit down.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So what do you call a game that lets you see other players face to face and yet isn't Multiplayer.....

Do you not know what the meaning of the word Multiplayer is?
    I've played Car Racing games where you see someone elses Ghosted car on the track. I wouldn't call that Multiplayer any more than what was originally discussed about in No Mans Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    I've played Car Racing games where you see someone elses Ghosted car on the track. I wouldn't call that Multiplayer any more than what was originally discussed about in No Mans Sky.
    That car racing game you are talking about on XB1 has Mutliplayer as well and ya that "Ghost" is also a form of multiplayer.

Clearly you don't know what was original discussed about NMS's multiplayer.

Because you ignore the clear fact where he said you could pvp and see each other. Being able to see other players "Ghost or Physcial" is a form of multiplayer champ.

Sean clearly and many times stated what multiplayer was in NMS and none of it is there. That is lying and false advertising.

mul·ti·play·er
    ˈməltiˌplāər,ˈməltiplāər/
    noun
    a multimedia computer and home entertainment system that integrates a number of conventional and interactive audio and video functions with those of a computer.
    adjective
    denoting a computer game designed for or involving several players.
    You said
    having the chance to randomly see someone isn't Multiplayer.
    So once again ill ask, What do you call a game where you randomly see other players but yet isn't Multiplayer.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-12-01 at 05:12 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    *facepalm* what a joke…

People ain’t “crying” over the lack of multiplayer, they are simply upset that they were lied and mislead by Hello Games lead developer in multiple occasions, you might not care, but most people don’t enjoy being lied to, especially when they are paying for a product.

Being able to see others players isn’t multiplayer? Kay… how about being able to grief them? How about being able to play with your friends? How about having a “massively multiplayer world”? Because Sean Murray acknowledged all of that, does that also doesn’t count as multiplayer?

Edited: Also let me just throw this here ~ http://kotaku.com/no-mans-sky-data-m...uff-1785302482
    Oh a Kotaku Link, how informative.

Why not a link to what the actual designer said. Oh my? Like this one! https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

- - - Updated - - -

That car racing game you are talking about on XB1 has Mutliplayer as well and ya that "Ghost" is also a form of multiplayer.
    Wut.. I don't even own an Xbox1. Ghost is no more Multiplayer than Leaderboards are in a Singleplayer game.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Wut.. I don't even own an Xbox1. Ghost is no more Multiplayer than Leaderboards are in a Singleplayer game.
    Its a Multiplayer element that makes it multiplayer. When you can see scores of other players that leaderboard is the multiplayer element.

You can't change what shit means to fit your argument sorry.

Once again ill ask, What do you call a game where you can randomly see other people but yet isn't multiplayer.

Also if its not the XB1 game you are talking about then what game are you talking about.

Why not a link to what the actual designer said. Oh my? Like this one! https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
    Oh you mean the same Designer who went quite for months.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-12-01 at 05:18 AM.

Nope, PvP & Co-op has been part of Dark Souls since the first game was released, it’s not just the “note thing”… apparently Murray was just as clueless about you when he made such ridiculous comparison.
    Yup - had no idea. All anybody ever told me about was the funky notes. /shrug
    Also the only reason that they didn’t had issues for “false advertisement” it’s because Murray interviews don’t count as “advertisement” and due the “procedurally generated” bullshit, you won’t ever find those big ass creatures in the current state of the game,
    Ummmm...wha?

My first planet had "big-ass" creatures in there. It was almost like from the first trailer (big matriarch dino and a couple smaller ones around it) and was why I was scratching my head when people tell me that they "don't exist in game". Even my most recent playthrough the current planet I have has quite a few lumbering giants who are far taller than the normal-sized buildings. Maybe people just had really bad luck with the RNG generating planets? (if you're on a WoW forum - then you know how bad RNG is :P)

Now, I did hear something about sandworms or sumsuch? Never saw nor heard about those except from people saying they were suposed to be in. Were they in some trailer I missed?
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2016-12-01 at 05:30 AM.

I guess you missed the link under what you just quoted, here, I'll just repost it for you again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8P2...youtu.be&t=256
    Ok, watched.about 30 seconds of that and THAT right there is stuff ive never seen and is what i was asking others to show me. Thanks fir that...yeah, that is some crazy shit cut out right there! >_<

I mean, say what you will about blizz cutting announced things...at least they say WHY they were cut! Here's hopin those beasts/faction war crap comes back in later as even that looks like a lot of work, even for a demo...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Legally they did nothing.
    Morally? Hell yes they made false promises.
    The only reason ASA said it wasn't false advertisement was because NMS said the game is procedurally generated. Them saying that is the only reason.

I give no fuck's what ASA said, NMS still false advertised there game.
    Thank you for validating the first half of my sentence, in not just the first post after mine, but the third as well.

Because you ignore the clear fact where he said you could pvp and see each other. Being able to see other players "Ghost or Physcial" is a form of multiplayer champ.

Sean clearly and many times stated what multiplayer was in NMS and none of it is there. That is lying and false advertising.
    but technically and officially it isnt false advertising as they never stated on the website or when buying the game it was a multiplayer game, even sean stated multiple times that the game wasn't designed as a multiplayer game, maybe he was over zealous in the hopes for what was going to be in the game at release but features and stuff said in interviews and such can't be taken as anything other that potential features.

if they were more open and just stated some things may be put on hold for a while like multiplayer/base building then it may of been a little better, but the game is still lacking in actual things to do which is gonna take a while.

You can't really take for fact what information is said in interviews, if it said on the website or when buying the game what features would be there at launch maybe a case could of been pursued.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

15+ Year Old Account
    So if you order a Chocolate Wedding cake and I tell you that you will get it, Only to then send you a vanilla wedding cake its ok and I didn't lie because originally it was going to be chocolate but I ran out of chocolate.
    If at the time you told me I will get a chocolate cake you intended to give me a chocolate cake then it wasn't a lie. You sent me the wrong item but the wrong item doesn't mean you lied. If you say you tell someone you are married, and then get a divorce 3 years later does that mean 3 years ago you lied about being married? No it doesn't. A lie depends on the facts when you make the statement not the facts later on.

I wouldn't shit on EA as you call it if they did this same exact thing. Because they wouldn't have lied. Things change in game development. It is why developers need to be careful about what they say during development because many viewers can't separate "Set in Stone" versus "In Development". Just because what they did isn't not a lie does not mean that they didn't botch the entire thing. You can screw something up with out telling an actual lie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meebo View Post
    Is there base building/freighters in normal mode or is that restricted to creative mode?
    It is in all 3 modes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah...it does. Because you said it existed, people purchased the game under the impression that it existed, but you neglected to ever tell consumers that anything had changed. So consumers bought it expecting multiplayer and found that they'd been lied to by Sean repeatedly.
    He didn't say it existed when he said what NMS definitely is. It isn't on the box. It isn't listed on the steam store page. If you respond to this post does that mean you lied when you said you give up? Or does it mean that you changed your mind? Are you going to tell me and everyone else who read that post that you changed your mind?

Just because you haven't told every single person something doesn't make it a lie. It means something has changed and you haven't informed them. What is true or false at the time of making the statement is what determines if it is a lie or not. Using your logic when you changed your name because you get married you have lied on every document you put your name to prior to getting married. Because your name is no longer that name. If you ever told someone your age you lied to them because you might no longer be that age. That isn't how lies or the world works. You can live what ever fantasy you want because that is the way things work. You can believe something is a lie when it isn't. Opinions can be wrong but you are never wrong for having an opinion.

It is also amusing that you say no one can prove if multiplayer was removed but you are so dead set that they lied. If you can't prove it then you don't know it is a lie. Your own argument proves that they might not have lied. Defeating your own argument while claiming that it is true is a fantasy.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2016-12-03 at 02:03 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

--snip--
    Its clear you don't know what lying is and its clear you are just going to blindly defend NMS. If you enjoy the game fine but don't sit there and ignore the fact's that has been shown to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    On a lighter note 51.3% of all players on steam have used their hyper drive 3 or more times. So 48.7% of all players have never made it beyond 2 star systems. And then there is this https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTh..._height_limit/

Though from that thread there is a limit as a certain height you just fall through the objects. So even though you can jet pack between two planets (with a unlimited jet pack cheat/trainer/mod) you can't build a space bridge to walk between the two.

- - - Updated - - -

Its clear you don't know what lying is and its clear you are just going to blindly defend NMS. If you enjoy the game fine but don't sit there and ignore the fact's that has been shown to you.
    But you haven't shown facts. So you just lied right? And I have never blindly defend NMS or HG. So another lie right? The fact that you think I am blindly defending them when I've stated multiple times in response to you and edge that I think they botched the entire way they have handled it shows that all you care about what you want to read rather then what is actually being read by you. In your zeal to hate on the game you have become the one who is blind.

Why not address my married versus single example? Are you lying when you tell someone you are married but 3 years later get divorced? Did you lie 3 years in the past? Did you lie when you told someone you are 18 when 2 years later you are now 20? A lie depends on what is true when that statement is made not on what is true any time after that statement was made. You and others have yet to provide proof that they lied about multiplayer and Edge has even said that only HG can provide that proof. But you are still saying the facts indicate they lied. So you work for HG? Or did you lie about the facts proving it?
    Last edited by rhorle; 2016-12-03 at 02:49 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Why the fuck is anyone that paid 60 dollars for this game defending it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Gotta pretend that it was worth 60 dollars somehow right?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This is denial on the level of picking up a 6'4" prostitute named Doug with an Adam's apple and lumberjack beard, and still insisting it was a girl decades later.

This is denial on the level of picking up a 6'4" prostitute named Doug with an Adam's apple and lumberjack beard, and still insisting it was a girl decades later.
    That really describes this so well.......

You get 10 Internets today lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    The better question is why does it matter to you? Not to mention very few have defended the game recently. I haven't even been defending it as I've clearly shown that they have made mistakes. Saying something isn't a lie does not mean I am defending the game as having no flaws. But I guess knowing the difference is beyond many in this thread.

The better question is why does it matter to you? Not to mention very few have defended the game recently. I haven't even been defending it as I've clearly shown that they have made mistakes. Saying something isn't a lie does not mean I am defending the game as having no flaws. But I guess knowing the difference is beyond many in this thread.
    When someone's pissing on you, you can either sit there and take it, or move out of the way. I'm just sick of getting hit with the splashback in here.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When someone's pissing on you, you can either sit there and take it, or move out of the way. I'm just sick of getting hit with the splashback in here.
    The move out of the way?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Is 60 bucks a lot of money for ya?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side