Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    How about a change to the demon bite/blade trait. Instead of bonus damage, bonus fury gen?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Meta + hero
    Yeah right now, but at "current" 7.1.5 doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannevond View Post
    I'm really curious if Blizzard "balance team" can actually be this clueless, that they nerfed the absolute sh*t out of our best legendary, considering that we were still not top single target dps even with it. On top of that, people here are saying that even though the tooltip was 1-12, the ring kept giving 1-20 fury until recently, so one would think that now that the ring is working as intended with 1-12, it should be fine. But nerfing it even further and doing it 1-6 is gonna kill our single target dps, considering that demon blades and overall crit is also getting nerfed.

I don't have the ring and I have never complained that the ring should get nerfed, and the day I saw the PTR notes I was really sad because of the ring nerfs even though I dont have it, because for me it was like a dream to get my hands on that ring one day.

If they will actually nerf the ring to 1-6 fury, then they should have baked that nerfed amount into baseline spec, while keeping the demonblades at 75%. So if they are really so dedicated to nerf the living sh*t out of that ring, fine but just make a compensation so that the difference between people who has the ring and who doesn't would get smaller.
    they are nerfing demon blades because it's a shit talent that shouldn't be a dps increase assuming you can use demon bite correctly at all, they talked about this on beta forums before

it's nerfing is a good thing, as demon blades is the most brain dead spec of any class ever in this game, including buff bot paladins in vanilla

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    I bet you have the ring, though

Won't even comment about "being patient", since you should already know how the crap legendary system that is on place works.
    I bet he doesen't even raid :>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alex wolf View Post
    they are nerfing demon blades because it's a shit talent that shouldn't be a dps increase assuming you can use demon bite correctly at all, they talked about this on beta forums before

it's nerfing is a good thing, as demon blades is the most brain dead spec of any class ever in this game, including buff bot paladins in vanilla
    Main problem here is not demon blade, is that demon's bite is extremely weak.

If demon's bite did more damage people would pick it over demon's blade, but right now, the second pulls way more damage than the first, and that's because the first just hit like a wet noodle.

1. Demon blades isn't a 'spec' under any widely used definition. Neither is it the spec itself, nor is it the core part of a talent build as it is taken indiscriminately since the buff. Prior to the buff you saw it taken both in momentum and nemesis (for those who ran it) builds.
    2. The old design of demon blades while inferior was actually interesting and added gameplay - far more than spamming a filler ever did. It's a shame they couldn't just buff the old designs strength if they wanted it to be widely used.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Varamar View Post
    Main problem here is not demon blade, is that demon's bite is extremely weak.

If demon's bite did more damage people would pick it over demon's blade, but right now, the second pulls way more damage than the first, and that's because the first just hit like a wet noodle.
    I agree. Demon's Bite feels awful to press. It might be fine if the class was designed around some sort of big payoff ability similar to paladin or rogue finishers, but when you have to hit a crappy ability just to be able to chaos strike it feels really bad. This is even worse because Demon's Bite isn't empowered during Meta so you have to waste precious globals hitting the stupid button when you could be spamming Annihilation.

Demon's Blades scales way better and feels way better. I mean the dream is to just spam Chaos Strike as filler every GCD. The change on PTR reducing the fury gen from Demon's Blade is completely backwards. They didn't even change how much fury each proc gave instead lowering the proc chance to 65% so there is even more rng downtime. I have no clue why Demon's Blades can't just be adjusted to be a 100% chance considering we already have a significant miss rate but Blizzard loves their rng this expansion.

1. Demon blades isn't a 'spec' under any widely used definition. Neither is it the spec itself, nor is it the core part of a talent build as it is taken indiscriminately since the buff. Prior to the buff you saw it taken both in momentum and nemesis (for those who ran it) builds.
    2. The old design of demon blades while inferior was actually interesting and added gameplay - far more than spamming a filler ever did. It's a shame they couldn't just buff the old designs strength if they wanted it to be widely used.
    literally auto filling energy bar with one spender, such depth and fun game play

demon blades is literally removing half the depth of the spec and should be a dps loss in every circumstance, I agree that it has a place, and that place is to simplify the spec while learning complicated fights so you can maximize momentum, but it should never be the go to for anything

literally auto filling energy bar with one spender, such depth and fun game play

demon blades is literally removing half the depth of the spec and should be a dps loss in every circumstance, I agree that it has a place, and that place is to simplify the spec while learning complicated fights so you can maximize momentum, but it should never be the go to for anything
    The current design is autofill (that only penalizes losing melee uptime between GCD's) - the previous design was not, but hey keep defending your spamfiller.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

The current design is autofill (that only penalizes losing melee uptime between GCD's) - the previous design was not, but hey keep defending your spamfiller.
    demon blades is awful, and you should feel bad for defending it, espically with how it worked before where it was literally just the removal of having to press demon bite, but it still should be a dps loss, like not working when another ability is on the gcd and doing no damage

Deleted
    Demon's bite requires no skill either. It s a generator. LOL

Deleted
    Are people seriously claiming that mashing one button in order to generate fury is MUCH MORE fun and requires more skill? Demon Blades/Momentum playstyle is perfect as it is, since there is a huge skill cap between players who know how to optimize it and people who uses fel rush into getting one shot.

If you want a stationary melee class with a nobrain fury/energy/combo point generator that you simply mash, why dont you just go and play a rogue or any other melee class? Momentum playstyle is FINALLY something different after many years of having the same shit over and over again on all melee classes. Last 2 classes before DH, monk and DK are the perfect examples of this. Mash your stupid generator, stay still, and then spend your runes/combo points on abilities that hit hard. We FINALLY have something different, why are you trying so hard to butcher it? Is it because you suck with momentum playstyle and fail a lot?

Can someone enlighten me how demon's bite + nemesis is any different than any other melee playstyle and more fun compared to demon blades + momentum? Gonna be honest with you, when I heard that demon blades + momentum playstyle is the best choice for DH, I was kinda disappointed because I thought it would be boring and it didnt make sense for me to use our mobility tools for damage. But now, I realize how much I like this playstyle and how different it is from any other melee class in the game.

If anything, momentum should be buffed because right now it doesn't feel as rewarding as it should considering the amount of risks you take while dashing around, while other classes are just standing still and mashing their no brainer buttons and pulling much more dps. Like rogues, warriors, retri, enhancement... Oh wait that's pretty much all melee classes!
    Last edited by mmoc8fa71e8d95; 2016-12-07 at 10:20 AM.

demon blades is awful, and you should feel bad for defending it, espically with how it worked before where it was literally just the removal of having to press demon bite, but it still should be a dps loss, like not working when another ability is on the gcd and doing no damage
    You seem confused, the current iteration is the one where you literally just remove demons bite. The previous one only activated on swings off GCD so to minmax your windows you had to consider this.

I'm in no ways a competitive player, I just do the basics for the content,I enjoy that more so than anything else. But I'don't like to just say that DHL is my favorite class to play, maybe because I don't overthink my rotation or what top gear I have I just enjoy playing. SURE there are frustrations at times when I'm fury starved but it's not game breaking for me. 90% of the time I'm moving and jumping around everywhereach and just enjoying the freedom this class has. My advice is to just enjoy playing the class and not focus on "I do thenjoy best damage". I think more people would be totally satisfied if you just spammed Chaos Strike over and over again just so the can he knows to pf the damage meters. I have the legendary bracers and don't take Bloodletting as a talent...the reason...because I like Felblade playstyle....somebody crucify me right. Just enjoy the class is all I'm saying. Blizzard made a fun and mobile class to enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that was a ton of spelling errors.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmann1212 View Post
    I'm in no ways a competitive player, I just do the basics for the content,I enjoy that more so than anything else. But I'don't like to just say that DHL is my favorite class to play, maybe because I don't overthink my rotation or what top gear I have I just enjoy playing. SURE there are frustrations at times when I'm fury starved but it's not game breaking for me. 90% of the time I'm moving and jumping around everywhereach and just enjoying the freedom this class has. My advice is to just enjoy playing the class and not focus on "I do thenjoy best damage". I think more people would be totally satisfied if you just spammed Chaos Strike over and over again just so the can he knows to pf the damage meters. I have the legendary bracers and don't take Bloodletting as a talent...the reason...because I like Felblade playstyle....somebody crucify me right. Just enjoy the class is all I'm saying. Blizzard made a fun and mobile class to enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that was a ton of spelling errors.....
    You're welcome to dothat and I am glad you enjoy it. I enjoy my DH tremendously, too. But I also enjoy raiding Mythic and I would like to play a relevant role there for my raid, too

Would you be taking Felblade with the Ring in 7.1.5? If not, what do you take in its place? Since all of them are there for generating fury anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannevond View Post
    Are people seriously claiming that mashing one button in order to generate fury is MUCH MORE fun and requires more skill? Demon Blades/Momentum playstyle is perfect as it is, since there is a huge skill cap between players who know how to optimize it and people who uses fel rush into getting one shot.

If you want a stationary melee class with a nobrain fury/energy/combo point generator that you simply mash, why dont you just go and play a rogue or any other melee class? Momentum playstyle is FINALLY something different after many years of having the same shit over and over again on all melee classes. Last 2 classes before DH, monk and DK are the perfect examples of this. Mash your stupid generator, stay still, and then spend your runes/combo points on abilities that hit hard. We FINALLY have something different, why are you trying so hard to butcher it? Is it because you suck with momentum playstyle and fail a lot?

Can someone enlighten me how demon's bite + nemesis is any different than any other melee playstyle and more fun compared to demon blades + momentum? Gonna be honest with you, when I heard that demon blades + momentum playstyle is the best choice for DH, I was kinda disappointed because I thought it would be boring and it didnt make sense for me to use our mobility tools for damage. But now, I realize how much I like this playstyle and how different it is from any other melee class in the game.

If anything, momentum should be buffed because right now it doesn't feel as rewarding as it should considering the amount of risks you take while dashing around, while other classes are just standing still and mashing their no brainer buttons and pulling much more dps. Like rogues, warriors, retri, enhancement... Oh wait that's pretty much all melee classes!
    Yeah I totally agree with you about Momentum, but yeah some people doesn't seem to enjoy Momentum, but I still think Momentum should be ahead and Nemesis could be really close, so ppl can choose what they like, but I don't understand Blizzard of making Momentum like "cleave only"

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    For instance, the ring sims 50k DPS for my character using Bloodlet.

The distance gets smaller (40k~) if you're using Felblade without the ring.

We're talking around 460k DPS simmed with the ring and Bloodlet.

It is op as fuck.
    so for AoE and ST, how much of a difference roughly is felblade vs bloodlet WITHOUT the ring? Atm I use bloodlet but have 0 legendaries. I'm wondering if it's better for me to just run felblade.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    so for AoE and ST, how much of a difference roughly is felblade vs bloodlet WITHOUT the ring? Atm I use bloodlet but have 0 legendaries. I'm wondering if it's better for me to just run felblade.
    Cleave/AoE go for Bloodlet. ST Felblade.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodai View Post
    The ring doesn't boost 40k dps, else everyone with the ring would've rekt everyone without the ring, there's plenty of top DH without ring doing the same amount of DPS/Damage as those with the ring, it's pretty much RNG with the ring itself for being good, but it's not OP like you say. Legendary is suppose to be good, not OP or bad and thats what it is.
    Dude you are just spouting fiction to support a counter argument, the world has enough trumps. Everyone that did get the ring is "rekt" everyone who didn't get it, esp with the belt which is why if you go look at the parses for any DPS fight all the top DHs will have ring/belt/high level memento drop from keystone.

The legendary are very poor design for this reason alone, even with playing an extreme amount your ability to be a top competitor in your class, regardless of what blizzard stated, is completely dependent on a random drop that you may never see the entire expansion.