Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Yes its a dead trait that only benefit a dead skill, good only for procs over procs.

Quote Originally Posted by ScreddyLoix View Post
    If you're using DC only when there is nothing else to press you're playing unholy terribly wrong. You should be spamming DC whenever RC and SoW are not up and you have 3 runes regenerating.
    Yes yes yes! All I see are dks the dump runes then dump rp and then cry about their shit dps. ALL DAY. If you have three runes regening you should be RC fishing! This nets so many more runes over a fight.

Yes its a dead trait that only benefit a dead skill, good only for procs over procs. The only possible scenario that that trait can have any worth is when you have terribly awful rng to proc RC and the extra sudden doom chance might help.

Which does help. It also has great synergy with our set bonuses as DC will apply wounds. It's not amazing, it's also not useless. It's better than runic tattoos. Get it at 30, move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vycaus View Post
    Which does help. It also has great synergy with our set bonuses as DC will apply wounds. It's not amazing, it's also not useless. It's better than runic tattoos. Get it at 30, move on.
    I'd take 1 point in Runic Tattoos before bothering to spent the 4 points to unlock Sudden Doom. 1 Point in Runic Tattoos lets you bank 3 DCs for when you run out of Runes. Currently Sudden Dooms only value is if you get exceptionally unlucky and having 3 DCs + an SD proc isn't enough to you rolling again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudgery View Post
    I too find this trait fairly undewhelming and I'm RP capped alot of the time, to the point that I'll only spam my RP if all my runes are on CD (which is rare).

This trait increases my RP problems. Maybe they should increase the cost of DC and it's damage too.
    I will come with the advise to stop spamming DC only when you have all runes on CD. This would be a DPS loss, since you would overwrite SoW procs and possibly even get too much runic corruption uptime in a short span. Start weaving the DC in, use atleast 1-2 every 2-4 presses of other abilities depening on how your runes look. Its perfectly fine to use DC aslong as atleast 3 runes are on cooldown, and by spreading them out you get much more uptime on SoW and runic corruption will be smoother.
    Last edited by Cerunnir; 2016-11-17 at 09:04 AM.
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Deleted
    Trait needs to double dmg of sudden doom proccs instead of increasing the procc chance. We are overflowing ressources even without the golden trait.

The long and short of it is that they completely forgot to take their incredibly low Death Coil tuning into account when they were working out artifact traits and such.

Easy way to demonstrate this; compare Frost's Blast Radius trait to Deadliest Coil. Blast Radius bumps HB damage up 10% per point and Deadliest Coil bumps DC damage up by an abysmal 7% per point, despite Howling Blast hitting way harder via Rime. The Festering Strike trait also demonstrates this pretty well; it's also 7% per rank despite hitting way harder and making up a way higher part of overall damage than Death Coil.

In my mind, the best solution is to make DC cost a variable amount of RP (let's say 30-60) that just consumes as much as possible and deals proportional damage. UH feels bad because it's so ridiculously constrained by GCDs even when it has the resource to do stuff. Giving DC a variable cost lets us get Death Coil out of the way faster, with a stronger hit/higher RC proc chance per hit. It's a win-win, and it's not like UH would be out-of-line with a small buff.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2016-11-17 at 09:08 AM.

Honestly i'm almost a bit scared to pick up Double Doom. The priority of what you need to do is already pretty strict and RNG based. With Double Doom I see myself getting multiple unwanted free death coils and backing up my runic power. With picking this trait up I feel like there will be many times I have to just say F it and continue on spending runes even though my RP is capped.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaiz View Post
    Honestly i'm almost a bit scared to pick up Double Doom. The priority of what you need to do is already pretty strict and RNG based. With Double Doom I see myself getting multiple unwanted free death coils and backing up my runic power. With picking this trait up I feel like there will be many times I have to just say F it and continue on spending runes even though my RP is capped.
    With current rotation then Sudden Doom is worth more or less the same as 1 point in Runic Tattoos, they both give you 1 extra DC whilst your stuck overcapping RP. Pretty comical really, the upshot I guess is that once you have it you never ever have an empty GCD which is pretty fun IMO. Shame the spec itself is so poorly placed.

This trait can be fun and interesting if Death Coil had 0.5-1 sec GCD. With the current 1.5 sec GCD spamming DC feels so underwhelming and annoying actually.

Deleted
    I do actually weave in DC's a lot.

After reading this thread, I pay even more attention to it.

The main issue I find with the third golden trait is the fact that it messes slightly with my ST rotation. I'd much prefer this trait to shoot 2 DCs at the same time.

This may also open Double Doom to synergise really well with all sorts of other talents and legendary items available.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    You always have to see something from the design perspective.

This gives you easier time to SoW uptime, not that you should drop everything in your hands and spam DC.

This trait IS AMAZING(one of the best)when we get out Tier set, as every DC puts 1 festering wound on target(basicly a free festering strike with less damage output, which makes you land SS more often). I do expect significant damage increase or atleast much smoother gameplay, which will result in you are performing better.
    festering strike gives 2-4 the 4 set gives 1 so its not quite the same.