Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Witcher Arafal View Post
    did.... did you... did you just literally took the charity pet as an example?

hahahh, I laughed at this, but yeah kinda feels like the fel ain't so good against the Azerothians. We have the curse of flesh from the old gods and titans prework among the Azeroths "blood" itself giving us the boost, where the fel used by the demons are quite sad. It's not like that the demons are like Sargeras with overwhelmingly fillled by Fel. The demons are just puny little weak creatures when it comes to Azeroth.

I don't consider these pets and companions to be lore anyway. I mean, you can't justify having "Lil' Ragnaros" by your side in any way possible.

They pulled a Pokemon move for commercial purposes. They did it at a time they were desperately looking to add more content. Pandaria as a whole brought a lot of jokes upon WoW, with Horde-alligned monkeys and Alliance-alligned fishmen that have the NE model with a different head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    I've never seen Fel as an inherently evil thing. It's simply the most overtly destructive form of magic which naturally attracts evildoers.

One is just as capable of using Fel for good (PC warlocks) as they are capable of using the Light for evil (Scarlet Crusade).
    This is how I've always seen it too. Fel magic is to me is kind of like... Blood Magic from Dragon's Age. You're exchanging life source for an extreme power that comes from that sacrifice, how you use it is what makes it good or evil.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    This is how I've always seen it too. Fel magic is to me is kind of like... Blood Magic from Dragon's Age. You're exchanging life source for an extreme power that comes from that sacrifice, how you use it is what makes it good or evil.
    it's... slightly comparable. but blood magic is soooo much more dangerous to the user, there's a very real danger of exploding into demons.

fel only turns you into a demon if you're turned into one by other demons.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It fel victim to the mainstream.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

It's all about light vs void these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Doesn't Fel come from sacrificial magic? Like, destroyed souls and planets' world souls...

It used to be Hellfire for demons, but now they prefer to call them the Fail Legion.
    Fel is what's produced when Void and Light mix, at least, I'm pretty sure that's what I've read from Chronicles.

Was the Fel ever a big deal? A lot of people don't know what fel is because Sean Dopeland played them as if they were fiddles.

Deleted
    "Holding a big fart" made me laugh! XD

Lol.....this is a troll thread right? Who cares, I'm taking the bait.

The game universe and the actual warcraft lore don't tie into each other 100%. For gameplay to work, it's called suspension of disbelief, for things to work in game and be enjoyable, you have to ignore some of the universes rules and lore.

Do you really think summoning massively powerful demons like Warlocks do, would takes a whole 2 seconds? Mages and their portals, several others mechanics that for enjoyment purposes have to ignore how things actually work. Pets, Mounts, and Toys are all vanity items that only exist for the enjoyment and don't exist within the lore of the universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Umm Fel is a big deal. It's the most chaotic form of magic Warcraft has. Due to it's corruptive nature and what it can do to a person's biology. I feel like you are reaching incredibly which isn't far fetched coming from you sadly.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Your logic is impeccable, people like you are the reason we don't get nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Fel is what's produced when Void and Light mix, at least, I'm pretty sure that's what I've read from Chronicles.
    While that is technically true, so was everything else created from that, so it isn't saying much.

It's not inherently good or evil any more than Arcane is, it's just associated with Disorder, while Arcane is associated with Order. Naturally, this makes it more suited for those seeking to destroy.

I do not even feel like Legion is a big deal anymore.
    I am more looking forward to the Void Lords!

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe "fel" is to "fell" as "Hel" is to "Hell".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I don't consider these pets and companions to be lore anyway. I mean, you can't justify having "Lil' Ragnaros" by your side in any way possible.

They pulled a Pokemon move for commercial purposes. They did it at a time they were desperately looking to add more content. Pandaria as a whole brought a lot of jokes upon WoW, with Horde-alligned monkeys and Alliance-alligned fishmen that have the NE model with a different head.
    I suppose. sometimes it hard to see where blizzard blurs the line between their jokey, non-serious lore and the lore they want you to take serious. I mean i welcome a good laugh, but maybe its the fact the serious lore in wow feels so eroded these days it makes the juxtapose of wow's humor feel more out of place.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I suppose. sometimes it hard to see where blizzard blurs the line between their jokey, non-serious lore and the lore they want you to take serious. I mean i welcome a good laugh, but maybe its the fact the serious lore in wow feels so eroded these days it makes the juxtapose of wow's humor feel more out of place.
    WoW's lore has definitely lost a lot of the seriousness it once had.

Now it is about goofy murloc babies, "cute" pets, wacky mounts and overused pop culture references. Inbetween all of that - instead of taking a pivotal role - is the main storyline, hardly visible from all the goofy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Nowadays, it seems like the idea of fel is just played for laughs or convenience, and its not longer a big deal anymore. sure warlocks are the prime example of fel magic twisting, but now so to are demon hunters, more so infact, where fel just seems like holding in a bad fart instead of a corrupting force of evil.
    Didn't demon hunters have an extremely high mortality rate due to how brutal the process of binding themselves with a demon is?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    WoW's lore has definitely lost a lot of the seriousness it once had.

Now it is about goofy murloc babies, "cute" pets, wacky mounts and overused pop culture references. Inbetween all of that - instead of taking a pivotal role - is the main storyline, hardly visible from all the goofy stuff.
    I think that's an exaggeration. I'm more than capable of seeing the main story past a store-bought battle pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    omg the trassk posts are back! kinda missed them.... they always stirred up... stuff

No Tusk Club.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I think that's an exaggeration. I'm more than capable of seeing the main story past a store-bought battle pet.
    Well, for example, right now in Legion you get a few quests each week which allow you to keep track of the main storyline. That is about it.

I might have made an exaggeration, you are right, but still, I am sure you too noticed how the idea of "cute stuff" is slowly rising within WoW ever since Pandaria. You go out to defeat Helya's Kvaldir forces and you stumble upon Valarjar having a Pokemon-like duel.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-12-07 at 12:55 AM.