Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I distinctly remember the druid forums going apeshit during TBC. That was the last time I ever really got involved in forum outrage and whining about class balance. In my defense, I WAS a teenager then.

I may faintly remember how people praised things like
    - Resistance gear farming
    - The attunements (shattered halls in particular)
    - Mount Hyjal
    - Stormherald
    - Restoration druids in PvP
    - Class balance in raids
    - Welfare epics
    - Outland being dull, boring, ugly, uninspiring, whatnot
    - Imbalanced raid bosses (pre-nerf Gruul, Magtheridon..)

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    And even though we didn't complain about it at the time because we didn't have expansions to compare it to, would you really want to go back to having to tactically CC every single trash pack of heroics?
    Main reason why I hated BC heroics. Every pull was a 2-minute affair of marking targets and assigning CC. It was so boring.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Wasn't going to check all 14 pages to see if this link was posted (http://lorelol.ytmnd.com/), but for lore fiends there were big complaints..

There was no point during the games life that didn't receive massive complaints. One thing you should learn about the internet is anytime you have something good you will have people that hate it either because they really hate it or simply because they feel it will be a fashionable situation to earn the love/ire of other people around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It received many, yes. From profound hatred of Shadow Labyrinth, to the bizarre and seemingly endless attunement process for Karazhan and other raids, and reputation grinds that truly emphasized the word "grind."
    While its true the rep grinds were not as easy as they are today... they still were easy... You basically did dailies/heroics based on that faction. I hit exalted with all BC reps except for Ashtongue in BC ( I didn't raid 25mans, PC got like 7fps in gruuls lair so ) and the only one that I remember being truly grindy was the one in Nagrand with the ogres. Netherwing was kinda I guess? Not really, I completed it within a few days of farming the egg routes a few times throughout the day and back then there were few mounts that compared to the netherdrakes you could get so it was more then worth it. None were on par with Timbermaw... or cenarion circle... or many of the vanilla reps that required you to basically kill mobs for 5 rep and pray they dropped the items you could use for rep turnin that stopped at revered ( IIRC ). As far as heroics go and being a PINA, Slabs was nothing compared to shattered halls or arcatraz. I think I ran heroic arcatraz 3 times? Maybe? It was so god awful...

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Idk i was a simple noob back then managed to clear only up to brutallus before i took a small break till Wotlk.
    You could pug that back then Up to Felmyst.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Mace Rogues w/ Boomkins... ugh the memories for 2v2.

Other than that, a ton of people crying about the key process for raids. 2 cents though - A little patience goes a long way, albeit 7+ months is a long time, nonetheless I had an amazing time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I thought that was the best thing ever. I hated my damage being hard capped by threat and alliance being able to do 30% dps more.. but then the hardcore faction fanbois are retarded to this day when they immerse themselves in this artificial conflict.

Things to bitch about back then:
    Epic loot in a dungeon.
    Epic loot in a "raid" with 10 people.
    Epic loot in a "raid" with 25 people.
    Raids with less than 40 people.
    Class changes .. so many class changes.
    New races.
    Bots.
    Attunements.
    Loot - in every conceivable facet.
    Mote grinding.
    you forgot the start of the use of the term "welfare epic" especially from crafting (materials being much more available than stuff from Vanilla)

No complaints really, people who come up with complaints now are coming up with them today... not back then.
    Only thing people started mentioning during tbc was the free epics in pvp, you could literally just do a few bgs and get an epic item.

Basically you just did pvp and got starter gear for raiding easy. Infact some BiS items were pvp items...and not drops from bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It received many, yes. From profound hatred of Shadow Labyrinth, to the bizarre and seemingly endless attunement process for Karazhan and other raids, and reputation grinds that truly emphasized the word "grind."
    Rofl @ people complaining about attunement to Karazhan.

Seriously. Just point and laugh then and now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    You can't be serious.

BT 8 (?) months content drought
    MH/BT attunement
    Most HCs were a nightmare, people mostly farmed Slave Pens/Mechanar. The gap between the hardest and easiest dungeon was FAR greater than it is now.
    Vanilla epics being replaced by outland green was a complain by hardcore players (In retrospect it kinda seems the right thing to do imo)
    Elixir/pot/food/flask stacking early on
    Cloth DPS being far superior to melee early on with crafted BiS gear
    Crap gear for super hard, buggy content SSC/TK
    Trash in Mag Lair, SSC, TK
    Boss difficulty was also all over the place. Getting attuned to face Rage Winterchill and Shade of Akama by killing Kael'thas felt ridiculous.
    MH overall was one of the most annoying raids ever
    Certain classes being OP or RNG in arena (Warrior Mace)
    Class stacking in Sunwell
    Lol BT 8 month content drought

hahahahahaahah. There was no catchup mechanics at the time (actually a good thing), 95%+ of the player base was still working on T4 when it released. Only the ultra hardcore guilds, which are impossible to make raids fast enough for were the ones beating it ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Free epics was a big one and one people have definitely forgotten
    This is true. But they didn't go completely mental with them until Sunwell heroic MGT (First time they gave everyone full welfare as a test and people ran out of stuff to do). Before that, it was a good balance. Epics were a lot more common but they weren't insanely powerful for zero effort. You still had to progress through the raids normally, instead of logging in and skipping right into the last tier. The 5 man MGT heroic was a rage-storm because of how it fundamentally changed the game.

It wasn't until ToC/ICC 5 mans in WOTLK that welfare gear became the stock-standard, that's basically the real dividing point between old wow and new wow - and the first time real content drought existed (everyone got free gear that made older content obsolete, leaving them with nothing to do)
    Last edited by Daffan; 2016-12-03 at 12:10 PM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Yeah, the same as always. It 'ruined the game', everyone looks like power rangers, the lore is ruined, PVP is imbalanced as hell, PVE is imbalanced and you're forced into a class/spec, old items were suddenly redundant, complaints it was too hard/casual. Sammmme old.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I haven't been on this forum much during TBC so I must've missed out any complaint that this expansion had. And so far every other expansion has had plenty of them. Thinking back I don't think it received a lot of criticism from my POV, the only thing being all the lore changes like the draenei retcon and how poorly they've written WC3 characters. But TBC improved over a lot of things like the gameplay and more fluid questing, and I don't remember people craving to go back to vanilla WoW so badly.

So what more did I more did i miss during this period?
    MMOC even existed when TBC was around? wat

So many people saying there were complaints about Karazhan attunement... You had to complete 7 dungeons, not even on heroic? How Awful.
    It was Mount Hyjal attunement that was the real pain in the arse. That DID take a long time but could be rushed quite quickly if you got help from your guild (if you wanted to switch to an alt or recruited someone new).

Who remember when warriors/rogues had a talent called Mace specialization? Auto attacks can stun for 1.5sec if using Maces. That caused so much complains back in the day, especially warriors using http://www.wowhead.com/item=28442/stormherald

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Who remember when warriors/rogues had a talent called Mace specialization? Auto attacks can stun for 1.5sec if using Maces. That caused so much complains back in the day, especially warriors using http://www.wowhead.com/item=28442/stormherald
    I def remember that. I haven't looked through much of the thread, but one thing I remember other than space goats, attunement etc was people complaining that there were too many recycled mobs in the zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    There was a huge amount of hate for Outland as a setting.

There was a huge amount of hate for "Space Goats" as the new Alliance race.

There was a huge amount of hate for "Sexy Elves" as the new Horde race.

Most smaller servers saw their raid scene completely die as a result of the difficulty. I don't think a single guild completed a 25-man raid beyond Gruul and Magtheridon on my server, while it was current bleeding-edge content.

Heroics were derided as "Tank + Heals + 3 Mages" by all other DPS classes.
    I don't think most of this is really very true.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't think most of this is really very true.
    Lived through it, had couple of close friends ragequit loud and hard over elves in the horde.
    I still remember somebody who tried to stick it out and who pushed himself through to max level saying something along the lines of "WHY AM I FLYING A HELICOPTER IN SPACE?!" (engineering flying mount, flying around in Netherstorm)

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I haven't been on this forum much during TBC so I must've missed out any complaint that this expansion had. And so far every other expansion has had plenty of them. Thinking back I don't think it received a lot of criticism from my POV, the only thing being all the lore changes like the draenei retcon and how poorly they've written WC3 characters. But TBC improved over a lot of things like the gameplay and more fluid questing, and I don't remember people craving to go back to vanilla WoW so badly.

So what more did I more did i miss during this period?
    Back then, my friends called it "The Boring Crusade". Now? As with most, it's "the greatest expac ever".

Quote Originally Posted by alabaster jones View Post
    Lived through it, had couple of close friends ragequit loud and hard over elves in the horde.
    I still remember somebody who tried to stick it out and who pushed himself through to max level saying something along the lines of "WHY AM I FLYING A HELICOPTER IN SPACE?!" (engineering flying mount, flying around in Netherstorm)
    I lived through it, and I heard mumbles and grumbles. But to pretend those complaints were huge is ridiculous.