Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Ilvl isn't everything. However with 7.1.5 we will see a decrease of power on secondary stats, which means higher ilvl > right secondary stats in most situations.
    Right now for arms warrior (as a example) mastery > strength, where mastery is 30% stronger pr point of it.

Your first problem is trying to join pugs. Quit doing that, and the game improves 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    It is really nothing personal, I am just curious... let me just ask... have you ever before said something like "Wow is dying"? Just pure curiosity
    Not at all!
    WoW is dying for the old-schoolers, but it'll live on with the youngins, who are used to getting everything for free.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    For one, I've been very lucky so far. I have all relevant legendaries for my role. My item level could barely be any higher and my 10+ year long experience as a healer enables me to play my character its full potential.

Very powerful
    Wow, a bolded very. That has to be really powerful then.

Quote Originally Posted by Verral View Post
    Because it's wrong.
    Is it your group? no? then gtfo.

Seriously, Make your own group instead of feeling so goddamn entitled that people should owe you an invite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Is it your group? no? then gtfo.

Seriously, Make your own group instead of feeling so goddamn entitled that people should owe you an invite.
    We're discussing completely different things here, good sir.
    Anyway, seems like boosting your ego by telling someone to gtfo seems to be your main goal. Congratz, you're successful.
    - Give the sword to Verral, he's got russian damage dealer prio.
    © Twentytwo

We're discussing completely different things here, good sir.
    Anyway, seems like boosting your ego by telling someone to gtfo seems to be your main goal. Congratz, you're successful.
    No you're not discussing different things, You're butthurt that you're not being invited to groups.

Simple solution? make your own, You're not entitled to be invited to anyone elses group whatsoever, They can pick and choose however they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    "Mythic + is for difficulty bro"
    -selects team of players 40+ ilvls above requirements-
    "We're hardcore!"

PLEASE STOP being the victims of stereotypes and learn to use something except Pawn.
    At least check warcraftlogs before mindlessly declining people who can actually shine in your group.
    HAHAHAHA yeh im going to check WCL ranks for a +7 or +9.

damn thats good crack.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    No you're not discussing different things, You're butthurt that you're not being invited to groups.

Simple solution? make your own, You're not entitled to be invited to anyone elses group whatsoever, They can pick and choose however they want.
    Seems like you couldn't be bothered to read the entire thread, so I'll try to explain myself once again.
    I get invited into groups. I do make my own groups. I run dungeons with my guildies whenever they're available.
    I've got protection offspec at level 25 which is entirely comfortable for tanking sub-10 mythic+ in case I can't find myself a DPS spot.

I'm NOT frustrated about NOT BEING ABLE to get into a group.
    I'm BEING frustrated about people ONLY JUDGING from ilvl perspective.

Is it clear now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    HAHAHAHA yeh im going to check WCL ranks for a +7 or +9.

damn thats good crack.
    This is a much better indicator of a player's capabilities than just a plain 3-digit number.
    © Twentytwo

Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    Statistically higher ilvl means higher dps. Generally, i890 person should do more dps than i820 person, for instance.

I would decline you too, becasue I can get anybody with higher ilvl easily, so why should I not?
    Isn't that too big of a gap? I think he was refering to something like 870-890 range.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Numbers were fine to refer to back in TBC
    What I mean is if you wanted a mage/warlock/shadow priest for your heroic/Karazhan run you asked them if they had at least 1200 spell damage which was the only indicator of how hard their spells could hit, and since the rotations were impossible to screw up it was fine to just look at the numbers. Boss encounters weren't that complicated as well.
    © Twentytwo

10+ Year Old Account
    It's your right not to believe me but I know every classes BiS legendaries, trinkets and stat priorities.
    Checking a person's armory takes me 20 seconds tops (hint: use ArmoryQuickLink addon).
    Another 40 seconds to check wlogs.
    It gives me a MUCH better general idea of what the person is capable of than simply inviting him purely because his ilvl is higher.
    sounds like you should just start your own groups.
    a person wiith your leadership qualities should have gone Tank from the start

i know its sucks playing a class that can heal and tank while trying to get into groups as a dpser
    Last edited by Fat Mac; 2016-12-03 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    however with that said our AOE is the suck.
    Do you have a fully skilled weapon ? Ret aoe is pretty good.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    sounds like you should just start your own groups.
    a person wiith your leadership qualities should have gone Tank from the start

i know its sucks playing a class that can heal and tank while trying to get into groups as a dpser
    I don't mind tanking whenever I feel like doing so, I just know that the group would benefit a lot from having me as a DPS. Thing is, not everyone realizes it.

Back in WotLK I used to main an assassination rogue. I wasn't a hardcore player and my gearscore was somewhat around 5850. When you started killing harder bosses you wanted to reroll combat because higher tier bosses mostly dropped gear which increased armor penetration which was the best stat for combat. However I enjoyed playing assassination eventually mastering it and I had a lot of pleasure utterly destroying 6300+ gearscore combat rogues on the meters.

What I'm trying to say is that ilvl should be gone and replaced with something that actually means something. I've no clue what it could be though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Do you have a fully skilled weapon ? Ret aoe is pretty good.
    Exactly. I wanted to point it out as well.
    © Twentytwo

Come to think of it... in all of the Mythic+ runs I can remember, I don't think I've ever had a ret pally in my group. But everyone has their preferences of course, for example for myself, I play a Frost DK which has decent utility in Mythic+ such as Combat Ress, AoE slows and a spammable 75% ST slow, AoE stun, Death Grip and sick AoE damage but I have a major weakness and that is my mobility.

So what classes do I look for in Mythic+? I will try to pick classes that help me against my weakness (or what my group doesn't have atm) and my preference is a WW monk for passive +10% move speed or Enh Shaman for their Windrush (of course these specs provide more utility then just this), both of these melee specs also have an AoE stun and I always want at least 2 AoE stuns, which unfortunately ret pally does not have (afaik at least). My third choice would then be a ranged DPS, I could go for a Boomkin for his AoE silence, a second CR, knock back (which is useful for interrupting uninterruptable casts) if I went with a enh shaman or I could go for a fire mage for TW if I went with a WW monk.

For a healer then I don't really have a personal preference, except for Holy Paladins which I think are good for raging/necrotic since they're such good tank healers, BoP is also pretty useful. I could also go for a resto druid for even more CRs.

For a tank.. I'll be honest here, I just choose the first one with a decent iLvl that pops up since they're so damn rare. But my most preferred tank would probably be Guardian druid or Prot warrior, and probably Blood DK for skittish cause they have insane AoE threat (or BrM monk with taunt statue).

Now obviously these class/specs I mentioned bring a lot more utility than I stated above. But I think the problem here isn't just iLvl, it's simply that some class/specs aren't worth choosing over other ones that bring a lot better and stronger utility. In fact, I've had this problem when I played Unholy and most groups I signed with would tell me "Sorry but we need an AoE stun :/", luckily for me things are now for the better since I switched to Frost.

I really think that the devs should look at each spec's utility toolkit and those specs with little-to-no utility should have something new to become more attractive choices in this kind of content.
    Last edited by Nayami; 2016-12-03 at 05:09 PM.

Deleted
    There is a rule that sais all randoms are idiots. So if you gotta take some you want some kind of countermeasure, iLvL is one of those things. Getting 880 iLvL dps for a dungeon is very easy, thusly making your 872 iLvL undesireable. Don't whine about the fact that there are people that want better than what you can offer.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    There is a rule that sais all randoms are idiots. So if you gotta take some you want some kind of countermeasure, iLvL is one of those things. Getting 880 iLvL dps for a dungeon is very easy, thusly making your 872 iLvL undesireable. Don't whine about the fact that there are people that want better than what you can offer.
    Once again, it shows that I'm 880 whenever I sign up for anything.
    © Twentytwo

I will never understand these itemlevel whine threads. You're complaining about people taking the players with the highest potential. Unless the players you're sorting through are linking logs it's going to be pretty hard to know that a low itemlevel player is better. All these people are doing is setting themselves up for the best chance at clearing whatever they're running. There's nothing wrong with that.

Deleted
    Once again, it shows that I'm 880 whenever I sign up for anything.
    Clearly people want better.