Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    Don't think Alabama can be beat as much as it pains me to say that.
    Big time passing attacks can put up points on them, they certainly won't lose to the likes of Florida, and it was a down year for the SEC. They are and should be favorites in the playoff, but if anybody can throw the ball they have a chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Florida has a garbage offense, but a passing attack coupled with pressure on Hurts can do something.

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone explain to me why they hold these competitions for 100k in tuitions to people already in college, instead of giving money to people who aren't?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yeah, Florida has a garbage offense, but a passing attack coupled with pressure on Hurts can do something.

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone explain to me why they hold these competitions for 100k in tuitions to people already in college, instead of giving money to people who aren't?
    Because it makes more sense to pay the bills of people who have bills?

1 Alabama vs. 4 Penn State
    2 Washington vs. 3 Clemson

You can't keep Penn State out now after they won the head to head vs Ohio State, and now won the B1G.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post

You can't keep Penn State out now after they won the head to head vs Ohio State, and now won the B1G.
    Same for me. I had Washington jumping Clemson and of course Penn State in over Ohio is a given. Gotta play your way in, those 4 teams did.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    meh, Penn State will get roflstomped anyways, because of the 4, they clearly dont belong.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post

Not gonna happen. Ohio State will stay #2 and PSU stays out. They were dominated for most of their game vs. OSU, won on a fluke play, and lost one more game than OSU did.

1. Alabama vs. 4. Washington
    2. THE Ohio State University vs. 3 Clemson

Kinda true, but they beat Ohio, so that'd mean Ohio clearly doesn't belong either.

I got to drink with pretty girls, so Bedlam was much more tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Penn State in over Ohio is a given
    Lol you must really hate Ohio State to call them "Ohio" in every post. Are you an ex-Michigan fan who gave up on them when they were bad and turned to the ACC or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Lol you must really hate Ohio State to call them "Ohio" in every post. Are you an ex-Michigan fan who gave up on them when they were bad and turned to the ACC or something?
    Nope, just still bitter about that 2003 Fiesta Bowl. []_[]

LOL "clearly dont belong" -- funny how they've proved the baseless haters wrong. There were points where they looked horrible that game, and yet did what great teams do and pull out a win. Now ya vs Alabama unless they have the magic formula like OSU game (possible but long shot) Ala is still in a league of their own. Washington and OSU still may get nod over them but anyone discounting them is pretty shortsighted.

Not gonna happen. Ohio State will stay #2 and PSU stays out. They were dominated for most of their game vs. OSU, won on a fluke play, and lost one more game than OSU did.

1. Alabama vs. 4. Washington
    2. THE Ohio State University vs. 3 Clemson
    Maybe a fluke play, but PSU kept the game close enough that a single play could make a difference and they won the game. And they won the conference that had 4 teams in the running for a playoff spot 24 hours ago.
    1. Bama vs. 4. Washington
    2. Clemson vs. 3. PSU

Except they WON vs OSU (you can say flukey as much as you want they played 60 minutes) and WON their conference championship (1 more game than ohio state even played). I give 50/50 odds of them picking PSU (which of course is unprovable in result so means little, but that's how close the convo should [and will] be)

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/specter...031811048.html

“We’ve had conversations about it,” Saban said. “He wants to be a head coach. I want him to be a head coach. I want to help him to get a head-coaching job. The rest of it, we have not discussed, and I don’t think it’s the right time. Maybe the right time will be sometime in the next couple weeks, but right now we’re focusing on him trying to get a head-coaching job.”

Inferring from that, “the rest of it” sounds like the reported possibility of a lateral move to division rival LSU. If Kiffin isn’t hired at Houston or anywhere else as a head coach and he wants to go to Baton Rouge to call plays for Ed Orgeron, that might spur Saban to tell Lane to go ahead and leave now and they’ll try to win another title without him.

I know this is complete speculation on the part of this "journalist," (I don't think much of Pat Forde) but why the hell would Kiffin want to leave a position as OC where he's an integral part of a team that regularly wins championships to go perform the same role for a meh rival? I get it, LSU is (was) a football power too, but that makes no sense to me. He doesn't have to prove himself as a good OC, he's no offensive genius, but his teams aren't solely putting up big points because of Bama's talent pool. If you wanna leave a great job like being Bama's OC, it only makes sense to do it if you're getting a head coaching gig at a decent school, because there's no more prestigious OC position in NCAAF than at Bama right now. What do you guys think?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Nope, just still bitter about that 2003 Fiesta Bowl. []_[]
    Fair enough. Hey, was that another late flag just getting thrown 13 years later?

Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    Except they WON vs OSU (you can say flukey as much as you want they played 60 minutes) and WON their conference championship (1 more game than ohio state even played). I give 50/50 odds of them picking PSU (which of course is unprovable in result so means little, but that's how close the convo should [and will] be)
    I think people are kind of caught up in the whole conf title thing right now. Objectively, psu has two big wins(osu and wisc). Osu has 3(um, wisc and ou). Ohio St lost once on a blocked fg ran back for a td. psu lost a close game to Pitt(who went like 8-4) and got demolished by um while missing a few starters on defense. Neither of those two criteria favor psu. The only criteria that really favors them is the h2h win.

I'm not discounting the fact that they beat OSU; a win is a win and good for them. What I'm saying is the committee is going to look at that (in my opinion) and say "that was a fluke, OSU wins that game 9 times out of 10, we want the best 4 teams in there." You're entitled to your opinion and if you really think PSU is a better team this year than OSU I accept that, but I think the vast majority of people who watched the Big Ten all season long would disagree with you. Now as to the question of whether any other mitigating factors should supersede league championships...well I'm sure that's something we'll all be going around and around on for awhile. The committee really has an unenviable task: (I'd argue even moreso than 2 years ago with Baylor/TCU/OSU vying for that last spot, but a certain mod fangirl will disagree with me there ) there are 5 teams with legit cases for spots and 4 teams to fill them.

What it really comes down to-as I think pretty much all of us agree-is who gets to play runner up to Alabama. I have the feeling that when the dust settles this debate is pretty much going to be academic.

Fair enough. Hey, was that another late flag just getting thrown 13 years later?
    Probably was. Just look at the UNC game this year, refs still out to get us :P

I think a lot of the other bowls will be really fun, a massive amount of equal footing 2 and 3 loss teams will be smashing into each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL "clearly dont belong" -- funny how they've proved the baseless haters wrong. There were points where they looked horrible that game, and yet did what great teams do and pull out a win. Now ya vs Alabama unless they have the magic formula like OSU game (possible but long shot) Ala is still in a league of their own. Washington and OSU still may get nod over them but anyone discounting them is pretty shortsighted.
    ell Washington obviously will, because they won their conference too, have a better record even if their SoS is a bit squishy, and won by convincing amrgins over most of their games (except Arizona)

id love to see PSU get the nod but i have a feeling its going to be OSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    I think people are kind of caught up in the whole conf title thing right now. Objectively, psu has two big wins(osu and wisc). Osu has 3(um, wisc and ou). Ohio St lost once on a blocked fg ran back for a td. psu lost a close game to Pitt(who went like 8-4) and got demolished by um while missing a few starters on defense. Neither of those two criteria favor psu. The only criteria that really favors them is the h2h win.
    ... and the conference championship.