"Ret is shit" coming from a guy who two weeks ago had no idea how to even use simcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    "Ret is shit" coming from a guy who two weeks ago had no idea how to even use simcraft.
    So great mastery of SimC -Fu is required now to voice an opinion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    So great mastery of SimC -Fu is required now to voice an opinion?
    Not at all. But opinions without any general support in the form of facts, statistics, etc I don't give a lot of weight.
    A opinion on the feeling of ability/class/gear is great and actually worth something Imo.
    God forbid I see a cast bar on my target. I'm going to interrupt that cast out of fucking existence. I will rebuke that spell out of the game data, that's how I'm going to roll with my pally now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuagnon View Post
    No, it's not. Stop lying to yourself.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...mount&sample=7

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    So? Do you think those crappy simulation tools make you a holy wisdom source or something?

- - - Updated - - -

Where does this say ret aoe is good?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Deleted
    Where does this say ret aoe is good?
    It shows that Retribution Paladins are broadly competitive. A huge portion of M+ is cleave, so in order to be up there they have to be proficient in it. Overall/sustained>Burst. I get that other classes can do millions per second with a single button and/or no real cares, but that doesn't mean that you don't have the potential to keep up on the long game.

Sounds like your real issue is that you have to try hard to do well, in comparison to many popular classes.

In regards to trinkets... a stat stick/EoC and ARR (Flame Wreath) is effortless and strong. Replace the stat stick with FCM for more targeted burst.
    Last edited by mmoc39b587eacd; 2016-12-04 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by toby wong View Post
    It shows that Retribution Paladins are broadly competitive. A huge portion of M+ is cleave, so in order to be up there they have to be proficient in it. Overall/sustained>Burst. I get that other classes can do millions per second with a single button and/or no real cares, but that doesn't mean that you don't have the potential to keep up on the long game.

Sounds like your real issue is that you have to try hard to do well, in comparison to many popular classes.

In regards to trinkets... a stat stick/EoC and ARR (Flame Wreath) is effortless and strong. Replace the stat stick with FCM for more targeted burst.
    You know those logs only show bosses, right? It does nothing to show that ret is good outside of the bosses.

Deleted
    Actually no.. I didn't >.>

Outstanding? We have to spend a talent point for a poorly made on demand cleave ability, which replaces crusader strike, nerfing our st damage and there is no other choice.
    Divine Storm ?

Sure, we don't do as much burst DPS as DHs and Monks. Still, we have good aoe, and outstanding utility, for a DPS. The only thing we lack is an aoe stun, pretty much.
    Ret is still in a good place right now, albeit not particularly fun to play.
    At least in pve, no idea about pvp

outstanding utility?
    Could you please name it?

Bop, Freedom, LoH, Cleanse.
    And, specifically for higher M+, Word of Glory is great, and Repentance or Bliding light have fringe case uses.
    Stun, Ashbringer stun on some instances, we can bubble taunt (necrotic says hi), or bubble to soak whatever (the only thing I can think of right now for this is Eye of Azshara first boss though, so yeah).

This is high utility, compared to other DPS classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    outstanding utility?
    Could you please name it?
    Reliable offtanking b/c bubble taunting and shield of vengeance, pretty sure hammer is still one of the longest stuns, wake of ashes is a 6 second aoe stun on undead and demons and those are literally everywhere, out of combat rezzing, preventing mechanics via bop/bubble, cleanse, BoFreedom, and retribution (the passive) actually helps on some higher levels just because it increases survivability to the point that we 2 manned the last boss of court of stars with tyrannical for a good minute with bubble/loh/shield of vengeance and the 20% damage reduction being up for the whole time. Compared to other classes we have so much more.
    DKs have what, brez, single target grip, and maybe remorseless winter stun if they talent into it. Warlocks have brez, fear, shadowfury if that's still a thing and they don't even have a reliable interrupt if they go grim sac but they're still relatively tanky and self sufficient just like we are.
    What do Demon hunters bring to the table? AOE Dps that's near unparalleled and the ability to, as part of their rotation, get stuck on rocks and dc'd?
    Monks have good aoe and that's it, their single target is doodoo and for ret paladins it's not much of a loss to keep using greater judgement or zeal on boss fights especially since quite a few have adds involved in some form or another.
    !Sephuz

How come you forgot to list Greater Blessings?

Because nobody seriously considers greater blessings to add utility. If a class loses 9% of it's damage to add an insignificant amount of healing then there really is no consideration to use anything but might. Literally every other utility I mentioned, the cost of using it is at most a global cooldown and that is pretty small compared to how much benefit you'd get from it.
    !Sephuz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inb4gkick View Post
    Because nobody seriously considers greater blessings to add utility. If a class loses 9% of it's damage to add an insignificant amount of healing then there really is no consideration to use anything but might. Literally every other utility I mentioned, the cost of using it is at most a global cooldown and that is pretty small compared to how much benefit you'd get from it.
    Storm was mostly joking. There's been posts before where people believed greater blessings was utility for...some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Imo, ret's strongest utility in mythic+ is that we're immortal. Between DI, SoV, Eye for an Eye and Retribution, if you die outside of a full wipe, you're garbage.

More than once I've done 10+ Tyrannical CoS and it's just been me plus the tank alive at the end.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Storm was mostly joking. There's been posts before where people believed greater blessings was utility for...some reason.
    *twitch* *shudder*

Man, after reading some of the recent comments I'm REALLY glad I ditched this place in favor of the Discord..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekuto View Post
    Man, after reading some of the recent comments I'm REALLY glad I ditched this place in favor of the Discord..
    Eh... the discord is full of trolling and showing off. It's not much better.

It's also absolutely impossible to keep up with. ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    It's also absolutely impossible to keep up with. ^^
    also getting an answer is pretty rare...

back on topic: Patch notes! no news is good news?^^