Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You think Corbyn is on the far right. I am not getting into political discussions with you, it is painful.
    Seriously, what the fuck are you on about? You really are trying my patience in this thread. You seem to think is a fucking joke. Some of us have relatives who still live with the consequences of the nazi occupation.
    Last edited by mmoc1414832408; 2016-12-04 at 11:40 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive View Post
    You knew no one was going to do that, or that some were going to be upset at the least. The article was totally irrelevant and unneeded in this conversation. Don't post bait titles if you don't want a thread full of shit throwing. I know your not that naive, and I'm fairly certain you're just baiting at this point.
    It's not a bait title - it was the title of the article. I'm not responsible for other people not being able to control themselves. If you can't have a conversation about the issue, go elsewhere. I'm tired of your personal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It's not a bait title - it was the title of the article. I'm not responsible for other people not being able to control themselves. If you can't have a conversation about the issue, go elsewhere. I'm tired of your personal attacks.
    I enjoy how you're trying to get me banned, when earlier you were stating how everyone was morons or couldn't read. It's not a personal attack, its a suggestion. Don't start threads with such articles or titles if you expect an educated discussion to take place.
    That will be the last I talk to you, as you seem to not want to talk with me.

Deleted

Since you 'sourced' with wikipedia I will too
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism
    An authoritarian nationalistic government.
    Fascism can't exist with out a singular, centralized power by definition. Again, it's an argument of semantics which I don't enjoy discussing, but at least follow the general understanding of the meaning of the word.
    I already explained clearly in my original post why this definition doesn't work in, simple English. No one believes in the conflation of authoritarian right and fascist.

I used wikipedia to refer to the writings of a fascist scholar. This is very different from linking to a general definition which is written by the public who have the same misconceptions you do.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    I already explained clearly in my original post why this definition doesn't work in, simple English. No one believes in the conflation of authoritarian right and fascist.
    And I'm explaining how you're wrong, as the common understanding of the world is the true meaning. To try and hijack it to mean something different is a disservice to the general population and only complicates discussion. As most people know it, as it regards to Fascist Italy and Germany, fascism is an authoritarian government functioning on singular ideals based on tradition or culture.

Still open? Dayum! Mods be slacking!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamorallo View Post
    One would think that eventually people would tire of being broken records, but I continue to be surprised.

I love how the author tries to state that the article purpose is not to say "Look, Trump is Hitler!" when that is the only purpose of the piece.

This kind of stuff became embarrassing long ago. I wonder how long it will take for those on the other side to discover that continued implications that a person and by extension all supporters are racists is not a helpful future strategy when you need some of those people to come to your side.
    You think people who point out similarities between hitler and trump are racist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    How would I know? I didn't write the article, I'm posting/linking it for the discussion.

The article is bringing up a valid point as to the heightened authoritarian nature of Trump's behavior - both in speech and deed. The Victory Tour reference and analogy, imo, is just a flash to get attention. But the subtle point is still valid. There are many similarities to the rise of the Nazi Party and the rise of MAGA. Will it lead to another Hilter? More than likely not - I would most certainly bet against it. But, again imo, it's worth keeping an eye out. This isn't even the 10th time Trump has mimicked the behavior of that particular dictator.
    You must know though, otherwise how can you know what the "certain types of leader" Trump is being compared to? It is clearly not a dictator, nor an authoritarian, as those have been shown to not all hold victory rallies, so what type is he? How do you know is not a benign type?

Do you see how the entire premise of the article is flawed? Or are you still going to persist with it?

Seriously, what the fuck are you on about? You really are trying my patience in this thread. You seem to think is a fucking joke. Some of us have relatives who still live with the consequences of the nazi occupation.
    Trump is not a Nazi and you weren't the only one whose family fought in the war. Get over yourself. Has your period of mourning for Fidel ended already?

Deleted
    And I'm explaining how you're wrong, as the common understanding of the world is the true meaning. To try and hijack it to mean something different is a disservice to the general population and only complicates discussion. As most people know it, as it regards to Fascist Italy and Germany, fascism is an authoritarian government functioning on singular ideals based on tradition or culture.
    Oh please, there are very obvious reasons why you can't have common usage dictating definitions in academia.

Oh please, there are very obvious reasons why you can't have common usage dictating definitions in academia.
    I'm just saying when the common person uses the word fascism your first response and expectation shouldn't be of the definition only you and the people in your class(and some professors) think it to be.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy how you're trying to get me banned, when earlier you were stating how everyone was morons or couldn't read. It's not a personal attack, its a suggestion. Don't start threads with such articles or titles if you expect an educated discussion to take place.
    That will be the last I talk to you, as you seem to not want to talk with me.
    You haven't wanted to "talk" to me whatsoever in this entire thread. All you've done is attack me and the article, never bringing up the desire for a "discussion" until I called your species bullshit out.

This was your first post in this thread:

Is this an actual thread? Is this an actual topic? A literally thread of the Godwin Rule.
    And what a source too.
    I love your "suggestion" and how "open" you are to having a conversation. I can't see any evidence of you ever wanting to talk with me. You use the word "bait" more than most bass fisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    It's gotten to the point where so many Morons keep trying to stay on the "OMG TRUMP IS HITLER" idiotic tangent that if they try hard enough of course you will find "Parallels" if you train your brain to be stupid enough to think they matter.
    Maybe it's because you have Neo-Nazi's celebrating his victory like the second coming of Hitler?

Unlike with Obama's victory you don't have to make shit up to make see the link between the racist white supremacist and why they like their certain candidate

Deleted
    I'm just saying when the common person uses the word fascism your first response and expectation shouldn't be of the definition only you and the people in your class(and some professors) think it to be.
    There's a party in Russia which calls itself the Liberal Democrats. It is explicitly fascist, neither liberal nor democratic.

Can you see the issue with redefining the words "liberal" and "democrat" according to the common Russian usage? That's why you don't define political terms regionally or in accordance with common usage.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    The white supremacists doing the HAIL TRUMP and the salute certainly didn't help in this matter. But there have been plenty of parallels. Running a campaign on fear of immigrants, rebuilding the economy through vague promises, and some nostalgic BS.
    But Hitler did not invent any of that propaganda... appealing to the fears of the people - and, historically, you can be sure there are a few recurrent themes, such as immigration/diversity - and stressing how better it was in the past are political tools that were used well before Hitler. They are still plenty used today, every where in the world, without regularly producing mini-Hitlers. So yeah, the parallel can be accurate on some levels, but it is intellectually dishonest to focus solely on Hitler because he was not the first, nor the last, to use those themes to win the popular vote. A more accurate parallel would be Trump with many of the populist leaders European countries have produced in the past decade... They use Hitler because it scares and shocks people.

There's a party in Russia which calls itself the Liberal Democrats. It is explicitly fascist, neither liberal nor democratic.

Can you see the issue with redefining the words "liberal" and "democrat" according to the common Russian usage? That's why you don't define political terms regionally or in accordance with common usage.
    Have people redefined despotism or authoritarianism? No? Then the common understanding that Fascism is a form of that should continue to exist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Maybe it's because you have Neo-Nazi's celebrating his victory like the second coming of Hitler?

Unlike with Obama's victory you don't have to make shit up to make see the link between the racist white supremacist and why they like their certain candidate
    The language used on white supremacy sites is pretty much the same. If anything the main difference is that the KKK et al tend to use a slightly more sophisticated vocabulary in the american oratorical tradition.
    Absolutely no one, including the KKK, ever acknowldges its own racism. It is all about protecting our culture all that stuff.

I'm sure if you did a semantic analysis you'd find quite a strong correlation.

- - - Updated - - -

Have people redefined despotism or authoritarianism? No? Then the common understanding that Fascism is a form of that should continue to exist.
    Hibbable wibbles make tribbable gibbles, so tribbable gibbles must wiggable flibbles.

The language used on white supremacy sites is pretty much the same. If anything the main difference is that the KKK et al tend to use a slightly more sophisticated vocabulary in the american oratorical tradition.
    Absolutely no one, including the KKK, ever acknowldges its own racism. It is all about protecting our culture all that stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Hibbable wibbles make tribbable gibbles, so tribbable gibbles must wiggable flibbles.
    This is what thread titles such as this breed. Pure and utter nonsense. I hope you guys have a good night.

Deleted
    Quality thread, quality source. Easily qualifies for the Darw, err Endus award.

- - - Updated - - -

My response was specificity why comparing Trump and Hitler is easy, which is the neo nazi thing.

They will all talk about protecting white culture and call themselves superior people based on their race (which is also what you see here btw)

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    My response was specificity why comparing Trump and Hitler is easy, which is the neo nazi thing.
    It's easy to compare apples and oranges too, doesn't mean it's accurate.