Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Worst time of the year for me, it reminds me how alone I really am.
    Guess I'll spend this christmas like every christmas, passed out drunk in front of the computer.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the holidays much more than Christmas itself. I like hanging out with my family and re-connecting.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Damn, y'all. I'm depressed from this thread now lol

I guess I'd be disenchanted too if it was "all about" family/togetherness/gifts/blech. I never understood why non-religious people would want to co-opt a Christian holiday.

Inb4 "The Church co-opted it from pagans" pls

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Everyone in my family is an adult for a while now, but we still like getting presents for each other.

I actually enjoy figuring out and getting Christmas presents for my friends and family, even though it can be a bit stressful to find things that might actually be nice (and not just some last resort present). But it is easily worth it. :3
    I didn't say people aren't allowed to give presents as adults. I'm saying everyone in my family agreed to stop doing it, especially because there are no kids to buy for, and none of us really care about presents to begin with.
    Cool as a cucumber.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    It's just another day to me. I live 1000 miles from my family and since it's on a Sunday this year I won't bother going home.

I love Christmas. In the words of wise old pandaren: "Family. Friends. Food. These are what matter most."

Especially the food.

There isn't any reason to look forward to it. So I don't.

The one time of the year where I'm forced to be totally isolated from the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    "Family. Friends. Food. These are what matter most."
    Don't have family or friends, and everything is damned shut on Christmas day - so I end up having protein shakes or toasted sangas.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Ba-humbug. I'll be working.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Love it. Holiday period is the most fun time of the year.

@Splenda the official MMO-C Christmas Faerie
    OMFGILOVECHRISTMASTIMEITSTHEBESTTIMEEVERIAMSOHAPPY.

* deep breath

Why yes, I do have a certain fondness for the typical holiday festivities.

but really omg I love christmas so much it cures my depression
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Me personally. I love this time of the year. Presents, food, Snowball drinks, Margheritas, Bourbon, Cocoa and nice movies to watch. It really is the most wonderful time of the year for me. How about you all? Looking forward to it?
    I hate this time of year. My birthday, my father's birthday, a dozen other birthdays, then I'm always tagged to be the cook for christmas eve, and then to cater new years eve, and then I have a dozen more birthdays in January...

And it's cold out. Just snowed again tonight.

No thanks. Bah humbug.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Christmas is a bunch of horse shit.

What you need a holiday in order to become a decent human being for a few days? Fuuuck off. And fuck Christmas. It's more consumer bullshit that is getting into my wallet.

So pointless these days anyways. The whole idea of gift giving... wtf... just buy stuff yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Management View Post
    Worst time of the year for me, it reminds me how alone I really am.
    Guess I'll spend this christmas like every christmas, passed out drunk in front of the computer.
    In almost the same boat, but the shitty part is my birthday is on the 30th, so I get to celebrate being alone for both holidays, woo! My only real friends are an hour+ away and most of them can't (nor I) make it to one another to celebrate (My best friend's birthday is the 23rd). So it's gotten so sad my parents try to take me out for dinner and I just can't handle doing that song and dance anymore.

Also my relatives are mostly Trump supporter so this year I get to hear about how our new Glorious Leader is the best thing ever and will solve all of their problems on Christmas Eve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Yup. Finally convinced my mother to make something other than the typical Christmas dinner. And we're not inviting the extended family (Thank fuck).

Should be relatively enjoyable this year.

Celebrating Christmas these days isn't always easy, what with all the Christian persecution going on, but my hope is that this year my family and I will be able to enjoy our customs in peace and say "merry christmas" to perfectly random strangers without offending that mean-looking, middle-eastern man at the mall who can't seem to stop staring down all the infidels that go by the tourist gift shop.

meh, I have never understood why these days are special. mothers' day, fathers' day, Christmas etc. Too pain in the ass. I strongly remind my family to not celebrate my birthday which is actually January 1. no presents no bullshit. I don't expect so don't expect from me. Having wife's birthday and our anniversary is too much burden already. ughhhhhhhhhh. I frequently bring small presents anyway so why do I have to think harder and try to find some present?

Then again I love family gatherings and talk.

Deleted
    We need this battleground

It was nice helping out one of the bell ringers outside the mall earlier. So far spending this time helping people instead of focusing on the getting part promises to make this a far more memorable Christmas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I am. And I wish you all MERRY CHRISTMAS and not happy holidays. Stand up for you vaules, have great Christmas!

I am, it really sucks with no snow though and I blame global warming for that, when I was a kid the where snow all over the place long before Christmas now there is zero. No snow no Christmas feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    I am, it really sucks with no snow though and I blame global warming for that, when I was a kid the where snow all over the place long before Christmas now there is zero.
    I know what you mean. I haven't seen snow during Christmas days for 10 years straight now. As a kid it was always snowy during this time of year. Sucks badly. Snow makes Christmas 10 times more magical.