Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Hell, they changed the entire game not to use in-combat snapshotting anymore, if you can't see this goes against Blizzard's current design goals you're biased asf.
    Sorry to disappoint you but Snapshotting never went away lol... Subtlety could snapshot Slice and Dice via Mastery for the entirety of WoD just to name 1 spec.
    Chaos Blades since its introduction as a talent in the Alpha was snapshottable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kib View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you but Snapshotting never went away lol... Subtlety could snapshot Slice and Dice via Mastery for the entirety of WoD just to name 1 spec.
    Chaos Blades since its introduction as a talent in the Alpha was snapshottable.
    I'm not saying it wasn't?

If they liked snapshotting they'd never have removed dot snapshotting, they didn't like that "skill" mechanic clearly.

But on gear-prepull-snapshotting if anyone thinks that is a non-gimpy interaction that the average player doesn't even know exists they're deluded.

You should not require 2 seperate gear sets for a single boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Kib View Post
    You have 4 days left to farm Grim Batol timewalking trinket from the first boss, good luck.
    So I was already trying to farm TW dungeons for the tank trinket off the last boss in Stonecore. Is there any way to specifically queue for TW dungeons, or can you walk in? Waiting 30 minutes for dungeon deserter is really getting old...

Sorry but I disagree, they made an effort to stop Warlocks/Warriors who were doing it in Dragon Soul/Firelands. It is clear it is unintended, even if it is not an exploit.

It's gimpy, feels gimpy, and if someone pulls at 2 seconds, gg.

Hell, they changed the entire game not to use in-combat snapshotting anymore, if you can't see this goes against Blizzard's current design goals you're biased asf.
    You mean like people doing it the entirety of wod with no repercussions?

I don't really like it, but given they've allowed it for so long I will do it.

The reason they removed snapshotting was because of addons, by the way. It's nothing to do with gearsets. They just felt that snapshotting didn't add any interesting gameplay to many classes because addons handled it for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You mean like people doing it the entirety of wod with no repercussions?

I don't really like it, but given they've allowed it for so long I will do it.

The reason they removed snapshotting was because of addons, by the way. It's nothing to do with gearsets. They just felt that snapshotting didn't add any interesting gameplay to many classes because addons handled it for you.
    I believe they also thought that it was unintuitive. Also one instance of Blizzard not really giving a shit doesn't outweigh the number of times they've actually gone out of their way to change the exact same type of behavior.

Regardless, I really wouldn't count on it being there when 7.1.5 hits live servers. I'm not saying that you shouldn't use it while it is there. Heck I use it, but I wouldn't go out of my way farming trinkets and spending tons of gold on AH to build the perfect set unless I say for some reason needed to squeeze every single bit of dps on Mythic Guarm.

One instance? This has been standard fare since TBC without any penalty to those who did it. And as mentioned - they have always been ridiculously slow at changing these things and they aren't giving DH enough attention to even fix the main part of a dps spec - the single target.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Frantixx View Post
    What you wanna do is to equip as much mastery gear as u have. After this, is that on pull what u wanna do exactly is -
    Pre-pot>Chaos Blades>Equip your normal gear>Meta>And then go fucking ham!
    I thought that once combat started, you can't switch your gear?

The only problem with this is you lose maybe 2-3 seconds on chaos blades to gain the extra damage. I figure that extra damage outweighs the lost time though.

Quote Originally Posted by oodle View Post
    The only problem with this is you lose maybe 2-3 seconds on chaos blades to gain the extra damage. I figure that extra damage outweighs the lost time though.

Whenever I have these I thoughts I think to myself: someone else has already done the math lol.

Deleted
    Pretty sure most top logs wouldn't be using it otherwise lol. However, if you create a macro (like I did) you'd at best lose 1 second of uptime, generally I lose none though.

Quote Originally Posted by kayusa View Post
    Pretty sure most top logs wouldn't be using it otherwise lol. However, if you create a macro (like I did) you'd at best lose 1 second of uptime, generally I lose none though.
    You most definitely do lose time as in a proper initiation you don't open with chaos blades. You still have to pot > meta > then you start doing damage. That's easily 1-2 seconds. Sure meta slam does some damage and the chaos blades would boost it, but its minor.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    Fair enough, we're all allowed to have our opinions, I myself see it as extra work for extra benefit, which I like, albeit gimpy, as you said.
    But the part about it being in the game since forever still stands true; I used to put my 4set Resto, use Spiritwalker, then put my Enha set pre combat for that haste buff from the 4p Resto.
    So it's not new.
    And thats why Blizz disabled all legacy set bonusses. They dont wanna let people gain bonusses from gear that is not used in the combat. And I must say I agree with them on this.

Deleted
    They could easily fix that! Just let spells like Chaos Blades scale when gear is changed
    -> you have prepullgear 100% (ofc ridiculous amount but its an example so WHO CARES!)
    -> you use Chaos blades around 100% dmg increase
    -> you use your normal gear without the crazy amount of crit (lets say 15%)
    -> CHAOS BLADE DMG GOES TO 15%

Result: no fucking snapshotting on this!
    Last edited by mmoc2c32141b82; 2016-12-04 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oodle View Post
    Depends of your mastery gear

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    And thats why Blizz disabled all legacy set bonusses. They dont wanna let people gain bonusses from gear that is not used in the combat. And I must say I agree with them on this.
    I personally disagree, I think they disabled them because some of them were a hassle in Timewalking and were exploited in ways they (Blizzard) did not expect, but they 100% know about this snapshotting, and they could have disabled it too, but they didn't.

Sorry but I disagree, they made an effort to stop Warlocks/Warriors who were doing it in Dragon Soul/Firelands. It is clear it is unintended, even if it is not an exploit.

It's gimpy, feels gimpy, and if someone pulls at 2 seconds, gg.

There still is in-combat snapshotting, 2 set from Arc/CoS with CB. Momentum and Bloodlet. Etc.

Edit: Fury Warriors with Dragon's Roar + Battle Cry + Avatar + Enrage -> Odyn's Fury.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not saying it wasn't?

If they liked snapshotting they'd never have removed dot snapshotting, they didn't like that "skill" mechanic clearly.

But on gear-prepull-snapshotting if anyone thinks that is a non-gimpy interaction that the average player doesn't even know exists they're deluded.

You should not require 2 seperate gear sets for a single boss.
    Not Required, Just helps.
    Last edited by Svannas; 2016-12-04 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedris View Post
    They could easily fix that! Just let spells like Chaos Blades scale when gear is changed
    -> you have prepullgear 100% (ofc ridiculous amount but its an example so WHO CARES!)
    -> you use Chaos blades around 100% dmg increase
    -> you use your normal gear without the crazy amount of crit (lets say 15%)
    -> CHAOS BLADE DMG GOES TO 15%

Result: no fucking snapshotting on this!
    to be honest i am surprised this isn't the standard way all buffs work considering how long they have been trying to get away from snapshotting stuff (and the obscure stuff like this that it allows). maybe can intern was put in charge of creating the spell? or it is simply one flag miss-clicked?

eh either way, nothing new. it'll be fixed. the end. do whatever you want in the mean time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    to be honest i am surprised this isn't the standard way all buffs work considering how long they have been trying to get away from snapshotting stuff (and the obscure stuff like this that it allows). maybe can intern was put in charge of creating the spell? or it is simply one flag miss-clicked?

eh either way, nothing new. it'll be fixed. the end. do whatever you want in the mean time.
    Everyone that does that anyway does shit sustain dps, and drops from their 2-3million burst so quickly it's not even really helpful to them xD
    Its just a pathetic way right now to be "good" as DH

Quote Originally Posted by Rue-7 View Post
    If you think they know about this and are going to continue to let it happen you are mistaken. They have nerfed lots of old tier set bonuses working this way before, equipping them before pulling a boss etc.

This trick might be fun and all, but it's not intended and will be fixed.
    There's no way they don't know about this, Blizzard knows about almost everything, they just overlook some of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedris View Post
    Everyone that does that anyway does shit sustain dps, and drops from their 2-3million burst so quickly it's not even really helpful to them xD
    Its just a pathetic way right now to be "good" as DH
    That's why all the top logs from top guilds are using it? I'm SURE without it they're terrible players, and are shit in all aspects of the game otherwise.