Thread: [TV] Westworld

Page 29 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    I think it's like this

William time line ---------- Maeve time line ----------- Present timeline

http://www.slashfilm.com/westworld-timeline/

I just want to add, i dont watch TV....ever. Im a movie guy, if im not watching a movie im either at work or on my pc and i have to say this series is prob the best thing ive seen in a long long time.
    Thank god they have already announced a series 2.
    Last edited by Suggs; 2016-12-02 at 10:25 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    http://www.slashfilm.com/westworld-timeline/

I just want to add, i dont watch TV....ever. Im a movie guy, if im not watching a movie im either at work or on my pc and i have to say this series is prob the best thing ive seen in a long long time.
    Thank god they have already announced a series 2.
    Most of the really good series out now are playing with the same quality as a movie. The best example is Game of Thrones. Basically a 60-episode movie-quality show. I kind of like what the good series are providing - quality of a movie but the length needed to really develop characters and plot lines. But I digress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Most of the really good series out now are playing with the same quality as a movie. The best example is Game of Thrones. Basically a 60-episode movie-quality show. I kind of like what the good series are providing - quality of a movie but the length needed to really develop characters and plot lines. But I digress.
    What basically happened was that movie studios got gun-shy and started getting cautious about anything ambitious that wasn't basically a sure thing. It's driven a lot of directors into either doing independent cinema (with correspondingly lower budgets and marketing), or moving into TV, where they're more willing to take a risk on something unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    That would contradict MIB's discussion with Teddy over the physical changes he's seen in the hosts over his 30 years of visits. Seeing as we know the Dolores host was in service at the time of Arnold's "death" 34 years earlier, she would have been in service when MIB started making visits to the park, ergo she would have been of the same or similar design at that time and more "mechanical." It also contradicts the earlier shots of Dr. Ford's work in episode 3, showing clearly mechanical hosts being built, as opposed to their more human like synthetic organic frame of "current day" Westworld.
    <just eats popcorn while reading over past posts>

Yeah, you really nailed it, buddy! Glad thing sensible people like you were here to tell everyone else they were wrong about what the show has clearly been showing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post

Yeah, you really nailed it, buddy! Glad thing sensible people like you were here to tell everyone else they were wrong about what the show has clearly been showing.
    So you thought it was worthwhile to bring up old posts where you just say "wrong!" to people now that its been proven that they were correct? I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    So you thought it was worthwhile to bring up old posts where you just say "wrong!" to people now that its been proven that they were correct? I'm confused.
    People on this site loooooove doing that. No idea why either. People just enjoy trying to make other people look stupid.

Part of the reason westworld is so good, people suck. Would be nice to be able to take out your frustrations and shoot up some hosts

Ok? I never said anyone was wrong. It's called "theories" for a reason.

You are taking this way too seriously lol.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Ive got alot of tv series to get through its insane. I shall start checking more stuff out especially marvel ones seems as im a marvel fan (more so comic and movie again)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's just a generic picture in Times Square.
    Indeed, its just clearly not the 19th century and doesn't fit Westworld, nothing more to be gained from it than that.

Ok? I never said anyone was wrong.
    Mmmmmmmmmm, except that you did! Which is what makes it all the sweeter.

You are taking this way too seriously lol.
    You should take your own advice. But it's okay, you can try to backpeddle all you want. All the evidence of you being a jerk about it is, well, in black and white.

- - - Updated - - -

I did! And I have no regrets in doing so considering all the posts he made on the subject whilst I was away.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the evidence of you being a jerk about it is, well, in black and white.
    you are a ridiculous person, I can not take you seriously now or ever and am probably better off not seeing any more of your posts

you are a ridiculous person, I can not take you seriously now or ever and am probably better off not seeing any more of your posts
    My heart weeps.

Personally I find it sad that people can't handle being wrong, and when they are -- as completely and utterly wrong as several of you were -- they either deny it completely, pretend they weren't being assholes about it and calling anyone who believed otherwise "stupid" one way or another, or try to claim that they never said such at all. And when called out on it? Well, they act just like you and the other guy did; with righteous indignation since they can't take in what they dish out.

It's a beautiful thing. You'll have to forgive me for gloating about it, but rest assured, I am most definitely gloating about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed, its just clearly not the 19th century and doesn't fit Westworld, nothing more to be gained from it than that.
    Wrong.

It's also a picture of William's fiancee; we saw Logan tuck it into his jacket when he was tormenting him. And it being at Delores' ranch, aged and half-buried, gives even more evidence about the different timelines going on.

So yes, there is more to be gained from it than it being an anachronism. And no, I'm not at all surprised you weren't able to put that together; apparently, anyone with the ability to put clues and other information together to form a thought is a rare gift, and anyone who can is fully derisive of mockery (but not those who can't, like yourself; heaven's no!).
    Last edited by Doctor Funkenstein; 2016-12-04 at 01:20 PM.

Cut out the personal flaming. Being right about a theory is one thing, haranguing other posters for their posts one month ago is another.

10+ Year Old Account
    That and we see it at another point in time...
    That was my point when I first mentioned the picture.

Mmmmmmmmmm, except that you did! Which is what makes it all the sweeter.
    Whatever makes you happy I guess lol.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Cut out the personal flaming. Being right about a theory is one thing, haranguing other posters for their posts one month ago is another.
    I didn't know replying to posts had a time limit. Especially one that short. My bad. I'll be sure to report *every* post I see about people replying to things in a less-than-timely fashion, just for you!

Whatever makes you happy I guess lol.
    Meh, he's why ignore lists are a wonderful thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    If that was your point why did you ask about outside the park's time period?
    I DIDN'T

READ

what is with people in this thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is most assuredly something more to be gained from the photo. It is the picture of William's fiance that we see in the 30 years ago timeline...
    YEAH NO SHIT THAT WAS MY EARLIER POINT

but for some reason you want to quote me outside of the context of me responding on the subject of time period of the photo, which, like I said, is not obvious aside from clearly being out of place in a 19th century western setting.

Oh hey, look what was confirmed without a doubt tonight. Who could have possibly seen that coming with the nonexistent clues so many people in this thread were adamant about? It really is amazing.

YEAH NO SHIT THAT WAS MY EARLIER POINT

but for some reason you want to quote me outside of the context of me responding on the subject of time period of the photo, which, like I said, is not obvious aside from clearly being out of place in a 19th century western setting.
    What?! Are you sure that the world outside of Westworld isn't the 19th century?! Nonsense! NONSENSE! THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THIS IS THE CASE! NONEWHATSOEVER?! What, you THINK you have some? Bullshit! That picture was actually just an imaginative and photorealistic painting someone made of what they thought the future would be like! PROVE OTHERWISE! YOU CAN'T, CAN YOU, THAT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE WRONG! It'd be so fucking stupid if Westworld wasn't taking place in the 19th century, OMFG. It's so obvious that it is, ergo it isn't! <spends another half hour ranting idiotically on the same nonsensical tangents>

<claps excitedly> Yay, I think I've finally figured out how to fit in with most of the people in this thread!